Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-15-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dirty Sanchez

Not only does the Hairgod have KC picking him but I have seen other mocks where KC is picking Sanchez.

To me he has 'it' to be a franchise signal caller, but is he worth a top 5 pick?

We could find out soon. I love the guy but to grab him at 3 might not be out of the question.

I was hoping KC would grab somone at 3 then trade back in to he 1st to grab him.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what happened to thiggy...I was starting to like him.:(
Old 01-15-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want no part of Matt Leinart part 2.

That being said now that King Carl is gone I trust our FO to make the right moves.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, I trust Pioli to make the right decisions, but I was also hoping we picked up Curry or Orakpo at 3 and traded back up for Sanchez. Oh well.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is far more skilled and mentally in tune than Leinart
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
what happened to thiggy...I was starting to like him.:(
I think i'm the only one here on the Thiggy bandwagon. I'd be pissed if we took Sanchez at 3, and I'd be pissed if we gave up next years 1st to trade back into the 1st.(which is probably what it would take)
Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
He is far more skilled and mentally in tune than Leinart
He might have slightly better physical attributes that Leinart, but I don't know how you can say he's more skilled. Mentally in tune.....? What does that mean. Leinart was considered a very smart player coming out. He was almost considered a sure thing. His only real flaw was arm strength.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I want no part of Matt Leinart part 2.

That being said now that King Carl is gone I trust our FO to make the right moves.
Okay, but do you want Carson Palmer part 2?

The only thing that concerns me about Sanchez is the lack of game experience; outside of that, he has everything you look for in a potential franchise QB.

I think Sanchez has to be the odds-on favorite for our pick at #3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post

The only thing that concerns me about Sanchez is the lack of game experience; outside of that, he has everything you look for in a potential franchise QB.

Apparently he's got some off-the-field issues too. When you look at film, he does have a lot more arm strength than Matt Lienhart(apparently anyways). He could also sit behind Thiggy for a year ala Carson Palmer. I'd personally love that pick. Also, does anyone else think Herm's going to stay for another year and then we'd hire Cowher back into KC? I'd love to see the Chin in KC.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Strawdog
Rookie

Strawdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
He might have slightly better physical attributes that Leinart, but I don't know how you can say he's more skilled. Mentally in tune.....? What does that mean. Leinart was considered a very smart player coming out. He was almost considered a sure thing. His only real flaw was arm strength.
If I remember correctly, people before the draft questioned Leinart's dedication to football. Maybe I read it wrong, but I understood the "mentally in tune" to refer to his passion for the sport more than Sanchez being a smarter player than Leinart.

Personally, I don't really have an opinion on him at all and that's enough for me not to want him at 3. I'd prefer LB or DE because I think the team need and available talent match up best there. If we traded into another position for the pick, I could grow to like it but I think we can better utilize the number 3 pick than Sanchez.
Strawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Oh i want Curry at 3 right now. Things can change though. Orakpo hasnt sold me YET!
Quote:
Old 01-15-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I would perfer Sanchez to Stafford and will be interested to see how he is scouted in the upcoming months. I will say that I watched him play quite a few times this year and the guy kept going even when he was hurt which I was impressed with. I was worried though that the USC offense this year was not very good at all and given all of the "talent" they were supposed to have I wondered if Sanchez possilbly held them back or if there were other issues. He definetly adds an interesting wrinkle to draft day for us.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post

That is a pretty BIG concern when you are talking about the 3rd pick in the draft and 70 million dollars.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I think i'm the only one here on the Thiggy bandwagon.
Check the Sig.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I don't mind Thiggy, but Thiggy needs Chan Gailey and of course KC has much more pressing needs.

But I love Stafford and would like a shot at Sanchez later.
Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Stafford is there, I say grab him asap. If it's between Sanchez and Curry or Orakpo or an OT, there is some doubt in my mind.

I'm MUCH higher on Sanchez than I am on Bradford, so I'd prefer us to take Sanchez there, but Bradford isn't even coming out now so..

I guess I have to wait to see the combine/etc to learn a little more about Sanchez.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
That is a pretty BIG concern when you are talking about the 3rd pick in the draft and 70 million dollars.
Sure, but it's much better than being too small, having a weak arm or awkward mechanics, etc. He has everything you look for physically in a franchise QB, and he's played at a high level in a pro system.

If we drafted him, he'd probably sit all year while Thigpen played, so his lack of experience isn't hugely concerning to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
DJohnson56

Quote:
His only real flaw was arm strength.
Hey......sounds a lot like dirty sanchez. This guys has bust written all over him.

Has anyone seen Curry play.....guys is an f'ing beast, we can't pass him up.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if it came down to Sanchez and Curry I would lean Curry.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote