Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-12-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
conversation isnt hard for me, but I hate when people have nothing to bring to a conversation. like, gebus, do some chicks have zero interests at all?
yes.

but some guys do too, if you don't count boobs and beer.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its all about confidence and being able to make a girl laugh and feel appreciated. If you can do that then you're in pretty good shape.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can't carry on a conversation with someone, they're not worth having around on any real level. Friends, family, significant others, mentors, students, associates, etc. Communication is paramount.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Snorlax1
Rookie

Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I once talked to a girl. It was alright.
Snorlax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talking to a girl for me is a lot like writing an essay. I struggle with the introduction, but once I get past that I know how to work the body. Then the conclusion is usually short and sweet. And I take my "B" and am happy.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
conversation isnt hard for me, but I hate when people have nothing to bring to a conversation. like, gebus, do some chicks have zero interests at all?
This. Some women just seem so uninterested it turns me off.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it wrong for me to think I can't be attractive to a girl because I have a gap in my teeth? It's something that really ******* bothers me, as much as I love looking like Chris Pronger.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have any self doubt at all and don't come off as a confident person who believes he is great, you will not have success with women. They can smell fear and insecurity a mile away.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-12-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Is it wrong for me to think I can't be attractive to a girl because I have a gap in my teeth? It's something that really ******* bothers me, as much as I love looking like Chris Pronger.
A gap in your teeth can be fairly easily fixed. Why don't you get it corrected if it really bothers you?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
A gap in your teeth can be fairly easily fixed. Why don't you get it corrected if it really bothers you?
Expensive, or so I hear.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
yes.

but some guys do too, if you don't count boobs and beer.
To be fair, those are 3 very good interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you gotta crash and burn a couple of times before you get comfortable. it comes with the territory. live and learn.

for you youngins, chances are the first couple of times you give it a shot youll look like a fool, and probably sound like a fool.

remember, she probably feels dumb too. unless shes the bees knees, shes probably feeling awkward too. just go for it, and whatever you screw up, you won't screw up the next time.

baptism by fire boys and girls. its the best way to learn.

every guy has to learn rejection. its gonna happen. you gotta deal with it and move on.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best advice i ever got about hitting on random strangers, is that you probably aren't gonna succeed, so go in there expecting to get rejected. It makes sense, they're good looking women, guys hit on them all the time, right? Once you lose that feeling of insecurity, you'll already have a leg up on everyone.

Next big tip, talk to every single girl you find attractive. You'll eventually get a phone number or a girl that's interested in what you have to say.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It is definitely a number's game. You are going to probably get rejected more than 60% of the time. Girls have bf's, don't like you, feel awkward, etc. Just get out there, open up your game, and go. Don't wimp out. If you get rejected, don't be a jerk about it. That's a karma thing. I never really take it too personally when I get rejected because it's part of the game. If you don't get smacked down, you never learn anything!

Old 10-12-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just walk up to girls in the supermarket and ask where the ______ is, then completely confess to how dorky a line you just used. It's endearing and will easily score you a number, plus if you mess up it's not like you can't try again. I'm really embarrassed by how often this used to work for me.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There is no set line that works. If you use a line or a move, it will look stupid. Just be yourself. If you feel like you have to be self deprecating, go for it. It can be disarming for some women, but it could be seen as weak and lacking in self confidence. You just have to get comfortable putting yourself out there, and the ladies will eventually come along. Break out of your shell and your comfort zone. Only way to improve these things.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. It is. Go see a shrink. You have low self esteem.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Yes. It is. Go see a shrink. You have low self esteem.
Unless you're being sarcastic, I don't see how a shrink or counselor would help that. The only time I'm confident is when I'm intoxicated, and I hate that.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless you're being sarcastic, I don't see how a shrink or counselor would help that. The only time I'm confident is when I'm intoxicated, and I hate that.
If it's that big of an issue, make the proper sacrifices so you can invest in something that's gonna be that important to you. Unless it's just an insane amount of money, i'm sure you can figure out a way to finance the procedure to have it fixed.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic. You sound like you have a self esteem issue.

Which is: I'm not worthy of attraction or love unless i look a certain way. Which is exactly what around 95% of the girls feel in America.

It probably isn't actually severe enough to require an actually shrink. but, a cognitive approach to reminding yourself the way you feel isn't actually the way things are is key.

if you can't do that. then you might want to see a shrink.

a shrink isn't there to make you feel better necessarily, they're there to reprocess the way you accept stimuli. which, at times, is harmful.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Play Hockey. Be like Pronger. Crush people.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Am I the only one who would take my spouse's name? I don't want future generations of "fisches" running around. Same nickname for generations damnit
heh, I missed this post. Hilarious palpable bitterness, +rep
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic. You sound like you have a self esteem issue.

Which is: I'm not worthy of attraction or love unless i look a certain way. Which is exactly what around 95% of the girls feel in America.
This.
The best way for you to get and keep a girl is that you make this feeling go away, even if for just a little while.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone here has something about them that they either hate/used to hate about themselves. Chances are, they thought that this feature would drag them down somehow whether it is with the opposite sex or whether it is with another internal issue.

I'll admit it, I used to think that the same way with a feature or two, but you just learn to live with it.

Chances are man, even if you were to get that gap fixed, you would probably miss it after it was gone, because it is a part of you.

Sounds all cliche and everything, but you have to face it that it is true.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WTF if it's something that's keeping him from feeling comfortable, how would he miss it after he gets it fixed? It's gonna help him in so many ways, not just in the relationship department, i don't understand that logic at all.