Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-30-2009, 04:01 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Wow ****. I am the prototypical intellectual ***** to the girl I like.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ladder theory doesn't lie.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
What Brent said. Find a way to get her number and text/call her and stuff. Then ask to meet up for coffee and whatnot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Make a comment about how you'd prefer to talk on the phone rather than over email and send your number and be like, "just call me next time you want to talk" and leave the decision up to her... she'll do it.
Thanks for the help I took your advice so now I'll wait and see. Man this will be a long day at work.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You aren't really friends if you are only friends with her with the hope of one day sleeping with her.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You aren't really friends if you are only friends with her with the hope of one day sleeping with her.
Its more than that. I enjoy talking to her, listening to her, etc. Its just that I consistently take the short end of the stick in hopes of keeping the friendship and possibly dating her. I mean, we were best friends when we first dated.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we were best friends when we first dated.
So, let me get this straight, you were friends, then you dated and now you aren't dating and are friends again?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
So, let me get this straight, you were friends, then you dated and now you aren't dating and are friends again?
More or less. Its that x3 and throughout the course of high school and halfway through college.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its more than that. I enjoy talking to her, listening to her, etc. Its just that I consistently take the short end of the stick in hopes of keeping the friendship and possibly dating her. I mean, we were best friends when we first dated.
Then that isn't really a friendship. From what little you've said it seems like she is using you. Friendships are give and take, don't take the short end of the stick all the time. Just stand up for yourself, and if you lose her as a friend she wasn't worth it anyway(that goes for both guys and girls).
Old 01-30-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

I seriously hate the ladder theory, it is a gross simplification that isn't even correct. It has nothing to do with being a "good guy" or a "asshole." Good guys get good women too. It is all about confidence, if you have confidence you will get girls, it doesn't matter if you are an asshole or if you are nice.

Guys have "friend ladders" too. Ladder theory isn't the way to live your life. Have fun, be confident, and be interesting, that's what you need to get girls.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
There is this girl that I like and we've been emailing back and forth lately. I know her in real life so she isn't just someone i've meet online. I want to ask her out, but I don't have her phone # and I'm pretty sure it's lame to ask her out via email. So how do I take the next step to talking to her on the phone? Do I just ask her for her number flat out or what? Then how do I go about getting the date?
I would just tell her you're gonna be out Saturday night at some place. Be it a bar, club, party, whatever. Talk to her about weekend plans. When she tells you what her plans are, just say, "well, your plans can't be THAT good because they don't involve me." 99% of the time, that'll get you an invite. If that's the case, ask her for her phone # in case you're running late. If you invite her out to your plans, get her phone # in case plans change.

Done and done.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I seriously hate the ladder theory, it is a gross simplification that isn't even correct. It has nothing to do with being a "good guy" or a "asshole." Good guys get good women too. It is all about confidence, if you have confidence you will get girls, it doesn't matter if you are an asshole or if you are nice.

Guys have "friend ladders" too. Ladder theory isn't the way to live your life. Have fun, be confident, and be interesting, that's what you need to get girls.
ladder theory only works in the movies.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's satire. Basically all it says is make a girl feel special when she is around you and she'll like you, whether you are doing that consciously or subconsciously.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

it could be worse...you could be under the category of cudding ***** like I am with a few girls I know :(

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's satire. Basically all it says is make a girl feel special when she is around you and she'll like you, whether you are doing that consciously or subconsciously.
Unfortunately, people take it to heart and try to mold their actions to it. Is there a friend ladder and an attraction ladder? Sure, you can call it that. But it is possible to go from friends to attraction. Does it happen often, no, not really. But the same can be said for guys.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been tryin to chill with this one girl for like a year now. We have been cool, but never hung out after school. Something always came up. We're gonna chill tomarrow.

Shes graduated and I'm a junior. Total babe, smart, loves football.

Any tips? Or ideas on what to do? Trying not to screw this one up. Although, I probably shouldn't be nervous. She's cool.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I've been tryin to chill with this one girl for like a year now. We have been cool, but never hung out after school. Something always came up. We're gonna chill tomarrow.

Shes graduated and I'm a junior. Total babe, smart, loves football.

Any tips? Or ideas on what to do? Trying not to screw this one up. Although, I probably shouldn't be nervous. She's cool.
What are you doing exactly? Just hanging with each other, or actually trying to go somewhere and do something?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
What are you doing exactly? Just hanging with each other, or actually trying to go somewhere and do something?
No idea. We just agreed to chill.

Here in comes NFLDC.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
No idea. We just agreed to chill.

Here in comes NFLDC.
older girl eh?

i dated a girl a year older than me, but not 2 years. Just be yourself man, cant go wrong with that. She must like ya a little bit. Dont try to over do it
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
older girl eh?

i dated a girl a year older than me, but not 2 years. Just be yourself man, cant go wrong with that. She must like ya a little bit. Dont try to over do it
It's more like a year. She graduated early.

Yeah, probably will. I just gotta figure out what we're doing.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
It's more like a year. She graduated early.

Yeah, probably will. I just gotta figure out what we're doing.
i see i see, well just try to do somethin fun ya know. like is it being labeled a date? go to dinner and just sit and mingle. Go for a walk or somethin see a movie?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
i see i see, well just try to do somethin fun ya know. like is it being labeled a date? go to dinner and just sit and mingle. Go for a walk or somethin see a movie?
Yeah I'm thinking something simple. I don't really know what this is. I'll see tomarrow.

I'm cool with her, I'd be fine just being friends with her. But obviously that's not what I'm hoping for. We'll see how it gos.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking something simple. I don't really know what this is. I'll see tomarrow.

I'm cool with her, I'd be fine just being friends with her. But obviously that's not what I'm hoping for. We'll see how it gos.
do your thang bro.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:42 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres my advice.

dont take my advice on relationships at all im stupid as ****.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
heres my advice.

dont take my advice on relationships at all im stupid as ****.
You need to not drink and get on NFLDC at such an hour haha

Old 01-31-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see a movie on the first date.