Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-04-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
How many eggs??

And to answer deangelo's question: I am dating a female older than me now. Good bit older. 19 yrs older to be exact. But so far it's going great and is the best relationship I have been in.
haha there we go. its good to know that you and her are doing well.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we should lock this thread for the next week. really, nothing good can come from hooking up with a girl right before V-Day. ya go through all that effort, and, best case scenario, ya just wasted your A-game and have nothing for Holiday of Unfair Expectations.

wait 'til Feb 15th when all the single women are lonely and depressed about spending V-Day alone.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Wonder what my buddy Steelers Girl thinks of this?
Haven't seen her on here in forever. Aside from AQ, I dont think girls can handle the misogyny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
wait 'til Feb 15th when all the single women are lonely and depressed about spending V-Day alone.
Many wont be looking for love the next day, as they spent all of the 14th feeling sorry for themselves and eating feel-good food.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

V-Day is always a good time to score lonely, depressed chicks. Great time to score some girls out of your league or just casual scratch. They're usually drunk and desperate.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They're usually drunk and desperate.
My best friend's birthday is the 14th. It usually works out really well because there is always a party.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So for the second date you plan on sleeping over and making her breakfast?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
That's Chicks In A Basket........

That's Egg in a Frame.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
That's Egg in a Frame.
That's sun in a casket.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Danishfalcon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So for the second date you plan on sleeping over and making her breakfast?
Was that directed to me?

If so. I just realized she has to get up pretty early on a job the next morning, so we'll see how it goes. I do plan on inviting her home to my place and making her dinner some day.

Btw my birthday is february the 13th, the day before V-day. I've always thought it was an overrated day, since it's not really 'our' tradition, but it's getting huge over here aswell. I did have some plans to go partying, but they're cancelled, so it better work out. ;)
Danishfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wonder what my buddy Steelers Girl thinks of this?
She hasn't met her. SteelersGirl moved to Pittsburgh in November. So yea...she hasn't had the pleasure but knowing both of them, they would get along.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Haven't seen her on here in forever. Aside from AQ, I dont think girls can handle the misogyny.
No kidding, it gets really bad here sometimes. Rarely anything too overt, but 3/4ths the posts in this thread have undertones of misogyny(at least the ones dealing with actual questions.)
Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, some of these younger guys revere women too much and disrespect themselves in the process. By flipping it and promoting women as less worthy of the high praise they are getting from these kids, we are promoting confidence and an attitude that is needed for them to grow from newbie to boyfriend. I'm sure I have been plenty misogynistic, but some of it is deserved based on the scenarios and some of it is humor. The rest of it is resentment.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I'm sure I have been plenty misogynistic, but some of it is deserved based on the scenarios and some of it is humor. The rest of it is resentment.
Well, I think with girls in that 15-18 age group that the HS kids are dealing with, it's easy for those of us that are 4-8 years old than them to be a bit misogynistic because we know that those girls aren't anywhere near the maturity level of a girl in mid-twenties or older. I mean, looking at the way girls acted at my HS when I was there, I'm surprised I was even attracted to some of them because I wouldn't have been able to handle their stupid drama.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, I think with girls in that 15-18 age group that the HS kids are dealing with, it's easy for those of us that are 4-8 years old than them to be a bit misogynistic because we know that those girls aren't anywhere near the maturity level of a girl in mid-twenties or older. I mean, looking at the way girls acted at my HS when I was there, I'm surprised I was even attracted to some of them because I wouldn't have been able to handle their stupid drama.
I'm a junior, and I've began to not be drawn to most of the girls in the school. Too much ******** with them.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, some of these younger guys revere women too much and disrespect themselves in the process. By flipping it and promoting women as less worthy of the high praise they are getting from these kids, we are promoting confidence and an attitude that is needed for them to grow from newbie to boyfriend. I'm sure I have been plenty misogynistic, but some of it is deserved based on the scenarios and some of it is humor. The rest of it is resentment.
All they need to do is realize women are people too. They don't need to degrade them and what not. Once you realize women have the same feelings we do, it makes it a lot easier.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Women have similar goals, but they think differently and act in such a way that can be counterproductive to getting what both people want. Men are exactly the same. However, it can be healthy to vent frustrations about the opposite sex and solicit advice.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'm a junior, and I've began to not be drawn to most of the girls in the school. Too much ******** with them.
you'll end up having an inordinate love for shiny antique toaster, cats, and books by authors who's last name begins with x.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
you'll end up having an inordinate love for shiny antique toaster, cats, and books by authors who's last name begins with x.
What?

I'm just sayin most of them bring too much **** to the table. Maybe not older ones, but the ones in my highschool yes.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
X. J. Kennedy or Malcolm X? Those are all I can think of.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Women have similar goals, but they think differently and act in such a way that can be counterproductive to getting what both people want. Men are exactly the same. However, it can be healthy to vent frustrations about the opposite sex and solicit advice.
Venting is fine, in fact, it is healthy. It is the posts that just ooze misogyny that I was talking about.

Yes, men and women are different, but at their cores, they are both just people. As soon as someone realizes that, they are in a much better position than a lot of people.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm sure that plenty of women take similar stances towards men, but they still want to be with and date and screw men. It is an ongoing battle of the sexes. I know that women have it tough in our world. Less pay for the same work, body image pressures all the time, their clothes cost way more, makeup, bras, and social norms that expect them to be submissive. Men have it much easier in many ways. At the same time, does that mean we're supposed to put up with BS and drama that is unnecessary? Absolutely not. I would say the same for women having to put up with men.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure that plenty of women take similar stances towards men, but they still want to be with and date and screw men. It is an ongoing battle of the sexes. I know that women have it tough in our world. Less pay for the same work, body image pressures all the time, their clothes cost way more, makeup, bras, and social norms that expect them to be submissive. Men have it much easier in many ways. At the same time, does that mean we're supposed to put up with BS and drama that is unnecessary? Absolutely not. I would say the same for women having to put up with men.
bingo. let me be the first to say, men create bs and drama as well. you may not realize it, but to us. you do.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Venting is fine, in fact, it is healthy. It is the posts that just ooze misogyny that I was talking about.

Yes, men and women are different, but at their cores, they are both just people. As soon as someone realizes that, they are in a much better position than a lot of people.
lol. misogyny breeds chauvinism. what's the root of misogyny? fear.

drink beer. watch nascar. fear the vag.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
bingo. let me be the first to say, men create bs and drama as well. you may not realize it, but to us. you do.
I should break out some of my Linguistics books, I had to read like 4 of them that covered male/female communications and the subsequent problems resulting from it haha. It's all about positive and negative face. Well, that and your conversational agenda.

Last edited by Brent : 02-06-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Oh, I'm well aware that men help create the problems. The ongoing and never-ending battle of the sexes provides plenty of humor, strife, entertainment, intrigue, pain, and amazement. Part of why our species continues on through the ages.