Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-21-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
i don't get.
Girls turn guys down because they are bored by them. You're not piquing her interest. Since you are friends, you have something of interest to her, but not enough. You need something that will push her slightly out of her comfort zone in an exciting way.

Like if you get on topic of favorite seasons and she tells you hers is summer. Then you tell her that it's because she has such a great bikini body or her boobs would look great in a bikini top. Don't act embarrassed after it, either, don't try to deliver the line half-assed. It goes from "wow, he's cool" to "wow he's creepy..." (though, do NOT lie. Girls can tell if you are lying. A small exaggeration is one thing, but "you're the hottest girl I've ever seen" isn't going to fly with a 5) If you can't do that, then you are boring and should look for another girl.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Text last week: "To be honest i feel like if we did go out on a date that i would be leading you on and i really dont want to do that, bc you are my really good friend and i dont want to lose your friendship"

Text today: "youre lookin pretty cute with your hat on backwards :)"

**** you *****
Bitches man. Bitches.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres a girl currently playing out (500) Days of Summer with me. Without the sex.

Why is she doing this to me, I love that movie.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
unself
Rookie

unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.

Does she look like Zooey Deschanel? Only way it's worth it.
unself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Theres a girl currently playing out (500) Days of Summer with me. Without the sex.

So she's slowly driving you into depression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unself View Post
Best. 1st. Post. Ever.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I find the forced interaction bit is either going to make it easy or fail entirely. Which is nice because it saves me time/effort, and if it's the latter, at least I am out boozing.
From experience, it never works. Ppl don't really know your preferences, even if they think they do. Only you know you.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post

She has you on the hook, and you're letting it happen. Sit back and evaluate if you're really getting what you want from the relationship. If you are not, have an open and honest talk about what you need from her. If she is not willing to meet your needs, you should walk.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unself View Post
As a matter of fact, a blonde Zooey.

I have been over this a few times, Ive wanted/thought it was going somewhere when it wasnt. So I let it go but every time we talk as friends it feels like more is going on.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's happened a few times, it probably isn't happening. Tell her what you want. If she won't give it, get away.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-22-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
If it's happened a few times, it probably isn't happening. Tell her what you want. If she won't give it, get away.
What he said. I can relate with something of my own that's currently going on, and that momentum can be misleading. She's probably already made up her mind as to what she sees you as, in spite of what you may want to believe.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Yeah, like I said Ive accepted nothing was going to happen before, and felt that, idk if relief is the right word, but I was atleast ready to move on. Or so I thought.

But the more I add it up, its like its on purpose and I would never guess she would do that.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It's probably not malicious. She likely enjoys your company, and has some level of attraction, but it's not there for her. Put it all out there and leave the ball in her court. Likelihood is that she's not going to be up for what you need, so you move on and find someone else. I recommend breaking off contact in that situation. Don't leave it dangling.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Thats what it is, I mean we have such an awesome time together that a more serious relationship makes perfect sense. But theres a guy in Montana that wouldnt appreciate that. So I get little things said to me make me think too much. Like randomly telling me that Im fun or that something I said is adorable when it wasnt meant to be.

I have too much fun with her to cut her out entirely.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
From experience, it never works. Ppl don't really know your preferences, even if they think they do. Only you know you.
That's exactly it, I just went through something similar to forced interaction for the first time. I hung out with her a few times and she clearly liked me but I couldn't get into it because I didn't believe she really knew me at all. Well, it was that plus she texted such an annoying amount. At times she would text me ten or more times in the span of a few minutes and mostly about **** that always ends in complications from my experience.

Yeah, I let it drag on for a while but I definitely realized how important actually connecting with someone is. I just couldn't care about it or being in a relationship with someone who needs so much constant attention.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ended a friendship of 3 years because I developed a crush on the girl and she didn't feel that way about me. The trigger was that she started to try to date another guy and I just didn't handle it well, so I felt it was best to sever it before I hurt us both. This has to be among the worst feelings ever. I hope this is a "cut your foot off so your leg doesn't get gangrene" kind of solution because I feel awful.

I really can't believe I'm almost 26, have lived like I have, and feel this bad over one girl... but I do.

edit: Post 1600 :( What a way to make that milestone.

edit2: It's been especially harsh because of the timing. It seems everyone is busy right now.

Last edited by descendency : 10-22-2010 at 11:16 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Sad post d :( Sorry
Old 10-23-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

text conversation:

her: "whatcha up to?"
me: "not much waiting for the Giants game tonight, you?"
her: "I guess gonna go run errands"

what the ****, I wish people would just say what they ******* mean.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
text conversation:

"I guess"= death
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ******* tired of games and replied with, "I guess I failed there"

Old 10-23-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm failing to see the part that was so terrible about that conversation other than replying with drama like you did.

So many problems come from people trying to read people through texting, yet that is the most frustrating part of texting. Actually, the most frustrating part of texting is that people can play games so much easier when they don't have to think on the spot and they don't have to say it to a person.

I've concluded that the less you give a **** about texting the happier you will be just because so many games are played.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
I'm failing to see the part that was so terrible about that conversation other than replying with drama like you did.

So many problems come from people trying to read people through texting, yet that is the most frustrating part of texting. Actually, the most frustrating part of texting is that people can play games so much easier when they don't have to think on the spot and they don't have to say it to a person.
well, I have known this girls since HS, and she's liked me off and on forever. I've made attempts before but it's always that she keeps shying away from hanging out every now and then. I dont know. If I ever ask her to hang out with me, even if it's a rather interesting thing, she'll be down and then flake out. Or, she'll contact me to hang out with out being prompted and then she'll do this kind of stuff where she acts interested in hanging out and then doesnt.

Frankly, I don't know what to think. I am more venting than anything. I haven't said a word to her in like a month, so this is rather out of the blue from her.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
text conversation:

you: You can join me if you want

Boom everything's good. That's all you had to do. She had nothing to do and wanted to hang out with you. You never invited her to do anything so she probably did end up running errands.

Instead you sent this
Quote:
I'm ******* tired of games and replied with, "I guess I failed there"
which is not good.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

I thought it was funny, Brent. But I didn't take it like you did, though you know her better than we do.

She doesn't sound very cool.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Brent, you can't get a ******* hint? Bro, that was all yours!

I'm disappointed in you. *shakes head*
Old 10-23-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

haha, funny you all said that, she replied with "where are you watching the game" so I said, "havent decided, but if you want to join, let me know" and got the response: "will do, let me finish what I am working on"