Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-01-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I know I've been removed from this thread like a bull's testicles at a Mexican ranch but.......

Got in touch with the really good date chick, totally in the door on that one. Lots of flirty happened, should be seeing her again this week. Score! Mildly afraid because I really connected with her but it's pretty much overwhelmed by my excitement to see her and (forgive me, fellow men) talk to her.

Also Boldin, played your hand way too strong with the "Good morning, beautiful" text. Still, ***** is crazy for freaking out so much. She blocked you on FACEBOOK? Ho is crazy.
Wifey material is when you can actually talk and be a bestfriend/girlfriend. Its not weird at all man.

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ex girlfriend who cheated on me sent a text last night that said "can i have my scrap book back?" wtf were 6 hours away and i threw that **** away awhile ago.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Ex girlfriend who cheated on me sent a text last night that said "can i have my scrap book back?" wtf were 6 hours away and i threw that **** away awhile ago.
I do hope your response was something along the lines of "I used that for toilet paper a long time ago."

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better yet, draw some stick figure pictures on notebook paper, staple them together, write scrapbook on the first page, and send it to her.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Better yet, draw some stick figure pictures on notebook paper, staple them together, write scrapbook on the first page, and send it to her.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Dooooo itttttt.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
I would ignore her and any further contact.

She wants that **** back? Tough luck.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Jizz in it!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would ignore her and any further contact.

She wants that **** back? Tough luck.
Haha i didn't bother to reply, she's just trying to talk to me. Its rotting away in some dumpster.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of in the same predicament as KobeBryant833..

There's a couple girls that I see in the library almost every day that I think are cute but there's never a reason for us to be talking. And there are only a few girls in my 5 classes that I actually think are that good-looking, but they all have boyfriends to my knowledge. To make matters worse, I commute so it's not like I can make any connections through dorming. I've always been a shy kid, so I have a hard time sacking up and being the one to go introduce myself.

I need some advice on this situation.. both how to meet people as a commuter and overcoming being shy (which I have been doing over the past few years. once I actually get to know a person, I'm not shy at all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drink and go to parties.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

There's a couple girls that I see in the library almost every day that I think are cute but there's never a reason for us to be talking. And there are only a few girls in my 5 classes that I actually think are that good-looking, but they all have boyfriends to my knowledge. To make matters worse, I commute so it's not like I can make any connections through dorming. I've always been a shy kid, so I have a hard time sacking up and being the one to go introduce myself.

I need some advice on this situation.. both how to meet people as a commuter and overcoming being shy (which I have been doing over the past few years. once I actually get to know a person, I'm not shy at all)
Join clubs (I joined the hapa club so I can meet hot hapa girls EDIT: I am 95% sure I'm going to marry a hapa girl one day.), get a job on campus (works surprisingly well and you're guaranteed to meet other coworkers. I work for housing and I do maintenance and nothing is more awesome than fixing a sink for a bunch of hot sorority girls while they watch you be awesome), join a fraternity (The ultimate way to meet people in pure volume, although I don't condone this unless you really really get to know the fraternity, which is why I never joined one), take classes where you're allowed to talk to other people (discussion or speaking classes) and once you meet some people, go to parties.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Get a job. Very easy to make work friends, just make sure people who work there are your age.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, so I'm in a pickle. Thought I could get some advice.

So there's this girl that I've been around/working with on campus for the past semester and last week I got up the balls to ask her out. Of course, "do you want to go out sometime" was immediately followed up by "as friends?" Which sucked, but I understood, it happens. She then used some "it's not you, its me" thing, which I saw as BS, but again, not the end of the world. So, one week later, we were tutoring together this morning and it wasn't awkward a bit, we were both very friendly to each other, and not in a fake way. Skip forward to tonight, and I have a message from her asking "So I was wondering if you are still up for going out sometime?" Which is awesome, but WTF? Now, when I originally asked her out, she said something about hanging out eventually as friends, but if that was her intention in this I think she would have either had the word friend somehow included or waited more than a week. Now, we're doing something Friday night, but I'm kind of stumped of what to do. Personally, I think that the ball's in her court, and I might show up with a couple of options within walking distance that are between a full-on date and just hanging out as friends. I just can't show up in full date-mode if she just wants to be friends, but I don't think that's the case.

Now, just as a disclaimer: my goal of all of this isn't to simply just **** her and move on. That's fine if that's your thing, but its not really mine as my opportunities with women are few and far between and it doesn't really fit my personality. I'm definitely shooting for a relationship with this girl, because she's pretty much a complete package from my standpoint.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talked to ole girl twice today, in the cafe and at the gym. Nothing awkward at all. Mostly chit chat but we should be going to the gym sometime and I told her I'd text her to find out what she's doing tomorrow night. I was thinking to not text her, but she told me she wanted to go out but all her friends would be studying for finals. So idk.

Additionally, girl is a straight player lol. Probably not worth the effort, but damn she is fine. However, I was told she always strings along guys and never ends up going anywhere with them by one of my friends, who said she must like me somewhat to have went out with me. I mean, I did have her back at the dorm after the play so she must be somewhat comfortable with me, eh?

Mostly venting, not much advise to be given on this lol..

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

was about to go to bed, but I wanted to share this one with you fellas, as it was a first for me:

I just had a girl, one who is attractive, say, "would you be interested in having my number?" I didn't really know how to respond, in my head (which must have been about a bazillion scenarios running through in about a half second), I responded with "To be honest, yes. You seem like a very cool girl and you certainly have a brain between your ears. Would you like mine?" and this is how I know she's got potential, her response was "Your brain? No, not a zombie. Your number? Yes."

So, that brings me to an actual question. She said, "so if you decide to text me tomorrow, I'll definitely respond" so do I text her tomorrow or should I wait? This isnt the first time I've talk to her. We've been at the same stuff each night for a couple nights in a row, but tonight was certainly the longest talk.

I kid you not, this is uncharted territory for me. I'm usually the one trying to get a number.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Alright, so I'm in a pickle. Thought I could get some advice.

So there's this girl that I've been around/working with on campus for the past semester and last week I got up the balls to ask her out. Of course, "do you want to go out sometime" was immediately followed up by "as friends?" Which sucked, but I understood, it happens. She then used some "it's not you, its me" thing, which I saw as BS, but again, not the end of the world. So, one week later, we were tutoring together this morning and it wasn't awkward a bit, we were both very friendly to each other, and not in a fake way. Skip forward to tonight, and I have a message from her asking "So I was wondering if you are still up for going out sometime?" Which is awesome, but WTF? Now, when I originally asked her out, she said something about hanging out eventually as friends, but if that was her intention in this I think she would have either had the word friend somehow included or waited more than a week. Now, we're doing something Friday night, but I'm kind of stumped of what to do. Personally, I think that the ball's in her court, and I might show up with a couple of options within walking distance that are between a full-on date and just hanging out as friends. I just can't show up in full date-mode if she just wants to be friends, but I don't think that's the case.

Now, just as a disclaimer: my goal of all of this isn't to simply just **** her and move on. That's fine if that's your thing, but its not really mine as my opportunities with women are few and far between and it doesn't really fit my personality. I'm definitely shooting for a relationship with this girl, because she's pretty much a complete package from my standpoint.
Sounds like friends. She just wants the attention.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I would text her tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say text her. Seems like a genuine homerun possibility and I don't get the vibe that she's 'one of those girls.' Texting her tomorrow won't look bad on your part and will show that the interest is mutual. Because she's obviously interested.

JMO. Then again, I'm obviously not the best at this lol.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:22 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, clearly text her tomorrow... there's really no debate on this topic. If you don't you look like you're an uninterested douchebag.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Run "drills" on the cute chicks in your class, even if they have boyfriends you can still start a conversation and that will help when you find a single chick, you'll be able to start a conversation innocently (they'll think muwhahaahaha) and you'll be far more comfortable talking to girls.

Also try talking to your friends' girlfriends a bit more. It helps immensely with finding a comfort level talking to pretty girls. It's how I started getting better at talking to women. I can pretty much strike up a conversation with anyone, anywhere now and I used to be pretty shy and introverted. Hell I used to get a pang of nerves when even buying stuff from a pretty cashier at the shops.

Familiarity breeds comfort and confidence.

Set yourself a goal, talk to one female a day start with relatively familiar ones and move on to people you see around the place often and go from there.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
yes, clearly text her tomorrow... there's really no debate on this topic. If you don't you look like you're an uninterested douchebag.
well put, sir.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
was about to go to bed, but I wanted to share this one with you fellas, as it was a first for me:

I just had a girl, one who is attractive, say, "would you be interested in having my number?" I didn't really know how to respond, in my head (which must have been about a bazillion scenarios running through in about a half second), I responded with "To be honest, yes. You seem like a very cool girl and you certainly have a brain between your ears. Would you like mine?" and this is how I know she's got potential, her response was "Your brain? No, not a zombie. Your number? Yes."

So, that brings me to an actual question. She said, "so if you decide to text me tomorrow, I'll definitely respond" so do I text her tomorrow or should I wait? This isnt the first time I've talk to her. We've been at the same stuff each night for a couple nights in a row, but tonight was certainly the longest talk.

I kid you not, this is uncharted territory for me. I'm usually the one trying to get a number.
I say text her. She seems like she is not into playing those kinda relationship games that girls like to play, and she is putting her interest in you out there on the table.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I texted her (it's my off block) and she's been pretty quick to respond. Good call, gents. I would have but it's nice to hear others tell you that you're right.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's of no use now, but i would have said text her as well. I'm usually not one to do the whole "wait three days" bs. I'm a go getta!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I know it's of no use now, but i would have said text her as well. I'm usually not one to do the whole "wait three days" bs. I'm a go getta!
eh, my problem is that I always start well and end seeming over anxious. so, I'm going to just be me and see what happens. I think this might work if she is just as into me as I am to her, because then I won't seem like I am pressing