Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So i took a new girl out to dinner yesterday. Seemed like it was gonna be a tad rough as we waited for our table, but we really hit it off while we had dinner, had great conversation and lots of laughs. I had a backup plan if it wasn't good so i could bail right after dinner, but it didn't so i asked her if she wanted to do something else. She declined saying she had to go pick something up and she had made plans with her best friend to go see a movie. Was a little disappointed, no kiss goodnight either, but she did text me about an hour after we left saying thank you and that she had a great time. I said i had a great time as well and that i'd like to do it again soon. She said definitely and that she would be willing to cook dinner for us.

Am i in the clear?
And you said my date sucked and was boring... (not that it wasn't boring)

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
goddamn post that **** again.
they weren't nude. She was hot though

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
they weren't nude. She was hot though
i believe you. i can't imagine yfs with anyone below hot.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
And you said my date sucked and was boring... (not that it wasn't boring)
go to hell, you had that chick begging to have dick inserted into her. waffle dick.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dinner dates = mostly fail. I can't believe people still think these are a good idea. I don't even take chicks I date out to dinner unless it's for like a special occasion (birthday).

Ironically, my friends w/ benefits who didn't put out the last 2x we went out counter offered my drink offer tonight by offering dinner tomorrow. I told her no thanks.

Like I am taking this ***** out for dinner. LOL.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dinner dates get very expensive very quickly. I learned when I was single that taking girls out to dinner all the time was prone to bankrupt me. First date or 2 generally = drinks. Occasionally, we can do dinner. The issue with doing dinner early on is that it forces engagement and 1 on 1 conversation. If you can't carry a convo, it's going to suck and cost you as a dude.

That being said, I love food. Going out to eat doesn't have to be TGI Friday's or Crapplebees. The DC restaurant scene is pretty incredible. There is something to say for having a nice meal, whether it's with friends or a lovely young lady.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Dinner dates get very expensive very quickly. I learned when I was single that taking girls out to dinner all the time was prone to bankrupt me. First date or 2 generally = drinks. Occasionally, we can do dinner. The issue with doing dinner early on is that it forces engagement and 1 on 1 conversation. If you can't carry a convo, it's going to suck and cost you as a dude.

That being said, I love food. Going out to eat doesn't have to be TGI Friday's or Crapplebees. The DC restaurant scene is pretty incredible. There is something to say for having a nice meal, whether it's with friends or a lovely young lady.
I hit up PS7s and Jaleo's last week for restaurant week. Did you go anywhere?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My gf and I went to 1905 and enjoyed it a lot. Also check out Floriana in Dupont. It's a tiny place, but great Italian food. Up next on my docket: Zaytinya and Cafe Atlantico. We loved Oyamel (another Andreas restaurant). You can get out of Oyamel for $60 with drinks and tip for dinner. It's latin-mexican-tapas fusion. Definitely try the chicken soup and the guacamole. They make it fresh at your table.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-26-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My gf and I went to 1905 and enjoyed it a lot. Also check out Floriana in Dupont. It's a tiny place, but great Italian food. Up next on my docket: Zaytinya and Cafe Atlantico. We loved Oyamel (another Andreas restaurant). You can get out of Oyamel for $60 with drinks and tip for dinner. It's latin-mexican-tapas fusion. Definitely try the chicken soup and the guacamole. They make it fresh at your table.
I'll have to check some of them out. Fogo de Chao next week for a work lunch and I think I'm taking this girl to Mie n Yu as well.

To add somewhat to the discussion, yes these dinner tend to add up in price, and it sucks even worse that you are expected to pay for it all the time.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Fogo is money. Definitely get some Caipirinha, which is sugar cane distilled alcohol, lime, and more sugar. It calms your stomach after consuming all that meat.

Haven't eaten at Mie n Yu, but I've heard good things. I live in Chinatown, and I prefer Dupont/Columbia Heights/Cleveland Park/AdMo to GTown. However, my fave restaurant in the city is 1789. That place is ridiculous.

When I was single, I found myself hitting the Darlington House in Dupont for early dates. The Cantina downstairs has good beer list, and the menu is reasonable and good.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Fogo is money. Definitely get some Caipirinha, which is sugar cane distilled alcohol, lime, and more sugar. It calms your stomach after consuming all that meat.

Haven't eaten at Mie n Yu, but I've heard good things. I live in Chinatown, and I prefer Dupont/Columbia Heights/Cleveland Park/AdMo to GTown. However, my fave restaurant in the city is 1789. That place is ridiculous.

When I was single, I found myself hitting the Darlington House in Dupont for early dates. The Cantina downstairs has good beer list, and the menu is reasonable and good.
Ahh cool, a few friends just moved to 425 Mass and also I know a few people that live in the Meridian in Chinatown.

Have you eaten at Carmine's yet? It is one of my favorite places in NY so I was excited when they opened one down here. Not great for dates though, more a group dinner place.

BTW, I live in Courthouse, so I tend to eat in Arlington more then the district.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll come back with more DC Dining with Damix and bsaza, after these messages.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Ahh cool, a few friends just moved to 425 Mass and also I know a few people that live in the Meridian in Chinatown.

Have you eaten at Carmine's yet? It is one of my favorite places in NY so I was excited when they opened one down here. Not great for dates though, more a group dinner place.

BTW, I live in Courthouse, so I tend to eat in Arlington more then the district.
I'm over in City Vista. I've eaten at Carmine's in Atlantic City and enjoyed it. There are so many other legit Italian places in DC that I don't feel a huge need to go.

I used to live in Shirlington. I love this little hole in the wall sushi place over on Quaker lane called May Island. I literally will drive from DC to this place to get sushi. It is that good. Best sushi in DC area, I think.

Also, for thai food, I love Bangkok 54 over on Columbia Pike near the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

/Dining Review...

Old 01-28-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a buddy of mine got a text from a girl he's friends with saying she thinks I'm hot. However, I've got no interest in a relationship at this point. And she's not a girl I'm going to be seeing at parties and events like that. Is there any way I can skip the relationship and get a casual lay out of this?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
So a buddy of mine got a text from a girl he's friends with saying she thinks I'm hot. However, I've got no interest in a relationship at this point. And she's not a girl I'm going to be seeing at parties and events like that. Is there any way I can skip the relationship and get a casual lay out of this?
Maybe. But not be able to see her via social settings makes it difficult. I mean, you should at least be able to go out on a date with a girl just so there is an excuse to get to the nitty-gritty later.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Maybe. But not be able to see her via social settings makes it difficult. I mean, you should at least be able to go out on a date with a girl just so there is an excuse to get to the nitty-gritty later.
I don't know her all that well, so I'll have to talk more about with my friend about it, but I don't get the impression she's one I'm going to be able to **** around with after just one date. It's going to have to be something steady. I need a shortcut.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look your buddy dead in the eyes and tell him, "I need a wingman."

That should do it.

On a more detailed note, use Facebook. I hate it but women use it. Hit her up on it, get her out for drinks, hit it and quit it. Alcohol is your shortcut. Always. I estimate 85 to 90% of women get horny when they drink... and assuming she's smaller then you she's going to get there while you're still fully functional. Stick to the basics.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Look your buddy dead in the eyes and tell him, "I need a wingman."

That should do it.

On a more detailed note, use Facebook. I hate it but women use it. Hit her up on it, get her out for drinks, hit it and quit it. Alcohol is your shortcut. Always. I estimate 85 to 90% of women get horny when they drink... and assuming she's smaller then you she's going to get there while you're still fully functional. Stick to the basics.

The wingman part is fine. I hate Facebook too, but I might have to create one for this. But the alcohol is the tough part. That's my go to for skipping the relationship, but I know she's not a party type, and I'm pretty certain she doesn't drink.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The wingman part is fine. I hate Facebook too, but I might have to create one for this. But the alcohol is the tough part. That's my go to for skipping the relationship, but I know she's not a party type, and I'm pretty certain she doesn't drink.
You're desi. I can tell. Relationships are a bit more tricky in these situations. You know what I'm talking about.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And basically no. You have no chance of a casual lay. Come on now, you knew that.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You're desi. I can tell. Relationships are a bit more tricky in these situations. You know what I'm talking about.

Haha, no, that's not what's going on here. Props on the effort though. I've honestly never heard that term. Both of us are good ole whiteys. It's just she seems like a homebody, as opposed to me, as I'm usually always down to get ****** up and one and done some bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And basically no. You have no chance of a casual lay. Come on now, you knew that.
This is what I figured, but I was hoping someone here might have had some magic up their sleeve.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha, no, that's not what's going on here. Props on the effort though. I've honestly never heard that term. Both of us are good ole whiteys. It's just she seems like a homebody, as opposed to me, as I'm usually always down to get ****** up and one and done some bitches.

This is what I figured, but I was hoping someone here might have had some magic up their sleeve.
Well since I'm wrong, maybe you do have a shot. I couldn't help ya bro, not my forte lol.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She doesnt drink or go to parties? Sounds like a church girl. I doubt you have a shot honestly man.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** that. If she's a church girl, be persistent and corrupt the living hell out of her, and add to your bad person points.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote