Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I wasn't trying for a relationship. I was going to bang her out in the first place. Just odd that it went from constant to nada.
You put the ball in her court, there's nothing more you can really do from this point. If you're going to set up plans, try calling her next time instead of texting. I'm sure, even at work, she can take a 2 minute break to speak to you.

If she doesn't pick up or continues to ignore you, forget about her. No use in working after a lost cause. Not worth your time.

And for the texting thing, I have no clue. I've had girls do it to me and I have no clue why...
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Yeah, this happened to me saturday as well but I've gotten with a girl while still grinding and what not. the head over the shoulder, whisper in the ear, and go in for the kill. Worked like a charm. She turned around while we were getting with each other but still, it started when her back was to me.
hmm usually for me it's when they turn around. I make eye contact and smile, and then go in.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
hmm usually for me it's when they turn around. I make eye contact and smile, and then go in.
Maybe I'm just that good of a dancer haha. We'll usually talk before we dance if I have the chance to but if not its the turn around move.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe I'm just that good of a dancer haha. We'll usually talk before we dance if I have the chance to but if not its the turn around move.
That's the thing I don't talk. I just dance, and she dances, and it all works out. Just eye contact and smile and good dance skills works for me from my experience. It's a waste talking because usually the music is so loud you can't hear anything.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and dancing are not compatible. This includes grinding.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then I suggest you never take a family vacation to Northern Illinois.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
That's really unfortunate. I love going out to clubs (only when I visit my friends at college) to get drunk and dance with random cute girls.

Quote:
That's the thing I don't talk. I just dance, and she dances, and it all works out. Just eye contact and smile and good dance skills works for me from my experience. It's a waste talking because usually the music is so loud you can't hear anything.
This is mostly true, usually it's along the lines of "Can I buy you a drink?" or "Wanna Dance?", nothing that requires more than a head nod.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 03-03-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You can't grind? One trick I tell my friends who can't dance is just hold on to her waste, and follow the beat. It works for them.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can ****, you can grind.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't grind? One trick I tell my friends who can't dance is just hold on to her waste, and follow the beat. It works for them.
Err..no.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Exactly, don't be too stiff (as ironic as it is, I'm talking about your dancing). Be able to move with her, to the music. Usually they do all the work, but you have to atleast go along with it. Play follow the leader, with a girls ace. Its a good game.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just grab the waist and let them go to town...

I went to my friends 16th birthday party, never grinded before...

by the time the party was over I did that with just about every girl there.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
That's really unfortunate. I love going out to clubs (only when I visit my friends at college) to get drunk and dance with random cute girls.

This is mostly true, usually it's along the lines of "Can I buy you a drink?" or "Wanna Dance?", nothing that requires more than a head nod.
See I don't even say that. Like on saturday the girl was dancing and she was close to me so I turned and faced her, and rest was history, lol. I guess the trick is if you're a good dancer. If you are then, from my personal experience, the way you dance and such speaks for it self. If someone can't dance they better be a good conversationalist to compensate.

Bama,

Practice then. If you have friends that are girls, ask them to help you. That's what I'd do if I wanted to improve.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See I don't even say that. Like on saturday the girl was dancing and she was close to me so I turned and faced her, and rest was history, lol. I guess the trick is if you're a good dancer. If you are then, from my personal experience, the way you dance and such speaks for it self. If someone can't dance they better be a good conversationalist to compensate.

Bama,

Practice then. If you have friends that are girls, ask them to help you. That's what I'd do if I wanted to improve.
I hate dancing, and I especially hate clubs. It isn't as if dancing is hard, just about everyone thinks they suck at dancing. But a club is most definitely NOT the place I go to meet girls. If I am going out to meet girls, it is either a bar or a party. I do much, much better when there is conversation. I need a girl to be intellectually stimulating, and of the girls I know who go clubbing every weekend, most of them aren't. Of course there is an exception to every rule, but I would rather not waste my time or her time.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I hate dancing, and I especially hate clubs. It isn't as if dancing is hard, just about everyone thinks they suck at dancing. But a club is most definitely NOT the place I go to meet girls. If I am going out to meet girls, it is either a bar or a party. I do much, much better when there is conversation. I need a girl to be intellectually stimulating, and of the girls I know who go clubbing every weekend, most of them aren't. Of course there is an exception to every rule, but I would rather not waste my time or her time.
I am not a big club fan anymore. I went alot my freshman year of college. Now I'd rather go with friends to bars or bars/lounges. Those are more fun than pure clubs. I hate how clubs charge like 9 bucks a beer. If that's the case I would rather get owned at a football game for those prices than a place that's dark, and now makes me sleepy, lol.

Give me a dollar draft night at a bar, and I am happy as a pig in........
Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Well I guess while we're on the topic of clubbing and stuff:

They had this teen club thing down in baltimore a few weekends ago that I hit up with some friends. I met an old friend down there and talked to her for a little (she got a lot cuter haha). She introduced me to her two friends one dude who was chill and her other girlfriend. When things started to liven up, I asked the friend if she wanted to dance. Few hours later we were still dancing, both having a good time. At the end of the night we split and swapped numbers.

Throughout the week I texted her casually, hit her up on facebook, regular small talk. They were running the club for a second week down in Baltimore so I asked if she was going. She said she wanted to, but didn't have a ride. I said it was no problem pickin her up and if she brought a friend too. So since I can drive I picked her and her friend up, went to my friends house, pre-gamed, and drove down to B-more (my friend was DD).

We danced the first few songs. We split for a bit and danced with different people which was fine. But then her friend said that she didn't feel good. So we went off to the corner and I got some drinks and we chilled for a good hour, made sure she was alright. She said she didn't feel any better, or worse, and the conversation kinda dwindled. Both girls encouraged me to go off and dance and my friend told me that he was talking to these two hot ass sisterse. So I went off and danced with them and some other random girls for the rest of the night periodically checking back with them to see if they were good to go.

The club was closing so we decided to head back to the car. The ride back was brutal neither of the girls talked to me and were just texting the whole time. I don't know what I did wrong. So I just sat there and killed the 5th of booze we had left while my friend dropped them off.

A few days after I texted her, got nothing back - after we had these lasting conversations a few days ago. I gave up after like a week, no use in looking desperate.

Anyway... my point is... what should I do with this girl? And I'm planning to hit the club up st. paddys weekend. I know for a fact she's going to be there. Should I bring some arm candy?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If one is confused, listen to Will Smith.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

My dancing skills pale in comparison to those of Kevin James.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post

They had this teen club thing down in baltimore a few weekends ago that I hit up with some friends. I met an old friend down there and talked to her for a little (she got a lot cuter haha). She introduced me to her two friends one dude who was chill and her other girlfriend. When things started to liven up, I asked the friend if she wanted to dance. Few hours later we were still dancing, both having a good time. At the end of the night we split and swapped numbers.

Throughout the week I texted her casually, hit her up on facebook, regular small talk. They were running the club for a second week down in Baltimore so I asked if she was going. She said she wanted to, but didn't have a ride. I said it was no problem pickin her up and if she brought a friend too. So since I can drive I picked her and her friend up, went to my friends house, pre-gamed, and drove down to B-more (my friend was DD).

We danced the first few songs. We split for a bit and danced with different people which was fine. But then her friend said that she didn't feel good. So we went off to the corner and I got some drinks and we chilled for a good hour, made sure she was alright. She said she didn't feel any better, or worse, and the conversation kinda dwindled. Both girls encouraged me to go off and dance and my friend told me that he was talking to these two hot ass sisterse. So I went off and danced with them and some other random girls for the rest of the night periodically checking back with them to see if they were good to go.

The club was closing so we decided to head back to the car. The ride back was brutal neither of the girls talked to me and were just texting the whole time. I don't know what I did wrong. So I just sat there and killed the 5th of booze we had left while my friend dropped them off.

A few days after I texted her, got nothing back - after we had these lasting conversations a few days ago. I gave up after like a week, no use in looking desperate.

Anyway... my point is... what should I do with this girl? And I'm planning to hit the club up st. paddys weekend. I know for a fact she's going to be there. Should I bring some arm candy?

Usually when they say go dance, it means if he is nice and sweet, he will sit and chill with us and make sure we are alright. I am guessing that was the mistake, dancing with other chicks while you brought two with you. So now they probably giving you the cold shoulder.

If you bring arm candy it may see like you are trying to get them jealous or trying to get with another girl. I would say no make the appearance like your a good guy, and you may very well be, but go alone, make say hi, and ask them how they are. From there proceed to dance and have a good time. Two things then can happen. 1) They come back and chill with you, in which you then talk and hang out with them or 2) You have a good time, and they do their own thing.

The trick is not trying to make them jealous or seem like a shady guy, while also trying to not to sacrifice your good time.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:

Show up as you normally would. Don't bring a girl just to make her jealous and then ditch that girl if it actually works.

I'm not really sure what she expected from you that night, but if a girl I'm interested in tells me to go dance with some other girls, either shes not interested or its a test. Both of which you failed.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
My dancing skills pale in comparison to those of Kevin James.
I don't know of any self esteem help books, sorry man. I'm kidding. If you tell the girl in a smooth way that you dont dance much, can she help you out she may find it cute and help you or figure it as a waste of time. Depends how into you she is.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't know of any self esteem help books, sorry man. I'm kidding. If you tell the girl in a smooth way that you dont dance much, can she help you out she may find it cute and help you or figure it as a waste of time. Depends how into you she is.
No self esteem problems, I'm beautiful! But me and dancing are not compatible.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Usually when they say go dance, it means if he is nice and sweet, he will sit and chill with us and make sure we are alright. I am guessing that was the mistake, dancing with other chicks while you brought two with you. So now they probably giving you the cold shoulder.

If you bring arm candy it may see like you are trying to get them jealous or trying to get with another girl. I would say no make the appearance like your a good guy, and you may very well be, but go alone, make say hi, and ask them how they are. From there proceed to dance and have a good time. Two things then can happen. 1) They come back and chill with you, in which you then talk and hang out with them or 2) You have a good time, and they do their own thing.

The trick is not trying to make them jealous or seem like a shady guy, while also trying to not to sacrifice your good time.
I mean I sat for like an hour haha. And she danced with other guys earlier, right in front of me. But yeah I guess I like the wait and see approach. Whatever happened I guess she feels like I did her wrong so I should try to get on her good side.

I don't know though, trying to get with girls that you meet in the club is weird for me. Like others were saying above theres no conversation.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I mean I sat for like an hour haha. And she danced with other guys earlier, right in front of me. But yeah I guess I like the wait and see approach. Whatever happened I guess she feels like I did her wrong so I should try to get on her good side.

I don't know though, trying to get with girls that you meet in the club is weird for me. Like others were saying above theres no conversation.
Well all that means if that she is trying to not to sound all desperate or make it obvious so alot times you see a guy and girl do that, and then later on dance, and usually don't leave for other people because they were attracted from the beggining but didn't want to make it obvious. It's like the initial awkward stage.

Yeah the thing I would done would have been like no, I brought you here, so I def. want to make sure you're alright. This way she and her friend are taken care of and also at the end of the night when they talk about you, which they WILL, they have nice things to say.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Agreed 100%, there is no need to play games. Just go and have fun, and whatever happen with her happens.