Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
Nothing is worse than when a women is obviously into you but they just don't want to get that reputation as a "one night stand" type of girl.
if she is into you, and you know it, but she wants to leave or whatever, ask for a number

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do you guys deal with women not wanting to leave with you (from a party or bar) because they don't want to look like ***** in front of their friends? This is a common snare for me and I haven't figured out a way to consistently get through it.

Nothing is worse than when a women is obviously into you but they just don't want to get that reputation as a "one night stand" type of girl.
She can wait for her friends to leave, or take her to another bar, stay for one drink, and then bounce with her. This way you can get some alone time with her, and then leave from there whenever you want. That's usually the importance of a wing man at that point. They hang out with the friends while you do your thing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do you guys deal with women not wanting to leave with you (from a party or bar) because they don't want to look like ***** in front of their friends? This is a common snare for me and I haven't figured out a way to consistently get through it.

That is really her problem, but if you have to have her that night, just give her your # and tell her you're gonna head out. Leave, go get a hot dog or something, then she'll follow. It adds to the excitement because she's acting like a "super spy" with her friends. Make it sound like a game. If she doesn't go for that, whatever. It's her issue.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So you know it all except that girls don't under any situation want to look like a **** with some random guy in front of their girl friends?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Tell her that her hot friends are welcome to join.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:20 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You have to make her friends approve of you. She's going out with her friends so that they can protect each other. So if they don't know and/or don't like you. Your not going to go home with their friend, her friends will make sure of that. If her friends like you and think that your cool, then they're not going to care if you leave with her nor will they give her **** about being a **** for leaving with you. I've seen many people solve this problem by just winning over her friends
Old 03-17-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
You have to make her friends approve of you. She's going out with her friends so that they can protect each other. So if they don't know and/or don't like you. Your not going to go home with their friend, her friends will make sure of that. If her friends like you and think that your cool, then they're not going to care if you leave with her nor will they give her **** about being a **** for leaving with you. I've seen many people solve this problem by just winning over her friends
Half the time I know the friends already and that makes it even worse because you're all in the same social circle. I don't think it's that the friends don't like me or approve of me, it's just that the girl doesn't want to be known as a girl who will go home with somebody they just met that night.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Half the time I know the friends already and that makes it even worse because you're all in the same social circle. I don't think it's that the friends don't like me or approve of me, it's just that the girl doesn't want to be known as a girl who will go home with somebody they just met that night.
So just **** her the next time you see her. One night stands are overrated anyway.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
So just **** her the next time you see her. One night stands are overrated anyway.
Who knows when the next time I'm going to see them is going to be? Plus then you need to restart your whole game which is a lot of work, other guys come into the equation, etc.

I eat what I kill, and I like my food fresh.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who knows when the next time I'm going to see them is going to be? Plus then you need to restart your whole game which is a lot of work, other guys come into the equation, etc.

Get her number and call her to hang out later that week...

Obviously this only applies if her friends **** block you.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Get her phone #, if she's going to go home and sleep with you can get her phone #. Then just set up a date the next day, and make sure by the end of the night you've got some reason that she should stop by your house for a little bit.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he thinks that the girl is ready to go, but she doesn't want the judgmental stuff that her friends throw when she acts like a sloooot. In that case, time the leave, make it like a game, or get the # and booty call later.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay. I am going to come here before I mess things up.

I have a tendency to become really good friends with girls. I would say that I am a shy person (thats slowly changing) and so it takes a while for a girl to really get to know me, after which she could possibly fall for me. But by that time, I am already just one of her 'friends' and she has another boyfriend. The reason for which I become good friends with girls in somewhat unknown. Maybe its just cause I'm nice, listen to their problems while telling some of my own? I dont know.

Anyway, there's this sister of a friend who is a grade above us. I see her occasionally when I hang out with her brother during a couple of parties (i dont go to too many) and we talk occasionally, but never have really had a conversation. She facebook chats me the other day and we talk for a good 45 minutes about a bunch of stuff and I would say that we have a lot in common and I do like talking to her.

So here is the question. How should I make sure that I don't become just one of her friends? What should I do differently so that it doesn't take forever for a girl to fall for me?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

I have a tendency to become really good friends with girls. I would say that I am a shy person (thats slowly changing) and so it takes a while for a girl to really get to know me, after which she could possibly fall for me. But by that time, I am already just one of her 'friends' and she has another boyfriend. The reason for which I become good friends with girls in somewhat unknown. Maybe its just cause I'm nice, listen to their problems while telling some of my own? I dont know.

Anyway, there's this sister of a friend who is a grade above us. I see her occasionally when I hang out with her brother during a couple of parties (i dont go to too many) and we talk occasionally, but never have really had a conversation. She facebook chats me the other day and we talk for a good 45 minutes about a bunch of stuff and I would say that we have a lot in common and I do like talking to her.

So here is the question. How should I make sure that I don't become just one of her friends? What should I do differently so that it doesn't take forever for a girl to fall for me?
Make it clear that you are interested in her, more then a friend. Ask her on a date.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday, I managed to reel in a prom date.

*I walk up to her*

Me: "Hey, [insert her name here], I am going to prom with the most gorgeous and coolest girl at this school."
Her: "Uh...who?"
Me: "You."

BINGO. Epic win. It worked like a charm. As a sidenote, I wasn't using hyperbole when I said she was the most gorgeous and coolest girl at the school, 'tis the truth.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tell her that you enjoy talking to her, or some ******** like that, and ask her out on a date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Epic win.
That's rather bold. I guess with good delivery, it worked.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Tell her that you enjoy talking to her, or some ******** like that, and ask her out on a date.

That's rather bold. I guess with good delivery, it worked.
Yeah, it's all about confidence. If anyone of you guys decides to use that line, only use it if you're sure that you're going to sound confident when you say it. I use the word "sound" because you don't necessarily have to actually be confident, so long as you can mimic it. I have a few friends who are very good at acting confident when they're really not. A lot of people tend to say girls can see right through that.....bollocks. I've seen those friends put on confidence and girls clearly have no idea that they really doubt themselves.

So, if you're not confident and cannot act confident, then don't use that line. You'll look like a fool. As Brent said, it's all about delivery and confidence.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So here is the question. How should I make sure that I don't become just one of her friends?

What should I do differently so that it doesn't take forever for a girl to fall for me?
Just make sure she knows that you are after being more than just friends. It is a myth that nice guys get put in the friend zone, guys who are not confident get put in the friend zone.

Be confident, and don't care if she falls for you or not. Unfortunately there isn't really a trick to getting girls to fall for you.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Act like a dickhead at first.

Let me quote Dazed and Confused..

Quote:
You know that Julie chick? Loves you. You want her? Gotta play it cool, you know. You can't let her know how much you like ?cause if she knows, she'll dump you like that. Believe me. Like, if she asks you if you want a ride, you say, "No, I've got my own ride, but maybe I'll see you later." Sounds stupid, doesn't it? It works.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Yeah, it's all about confidence. If anyone of you guys decides to use that line, only use it if you're sure that you're going to sound confident when you say it. I use the word "sound" because you don't necessarily have to actually be confident, so long as you can mimic it. I have a few friends who are very good at acting confident when they're really not. A lot of people tend to say girls can see right through that.....bollocks. I've seen those friends put on confidence and girls clearly have no idea that they really doubt themselves.

So, if you're not confident and cannot act confident, then don't use that line. You'll look like a fool. As Brent said, it's all about delivery and confidence.
You are in high school, high school girls(and guys) can barely see what is right in front of their face, much less what someone is trying to hide. Give it a few years and fake confidence doesn't work. But by then, the people who have had to fake the confidence will have developed it.

But that is a nice line, if its your style. My style is much too understated for something like that. It would just look ridiculous because I would feel ridiculous saying something like that.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Act like a dickhead at first.
Bad advice. The last thing the world needs is more dickheads. It is entirely possible to be a nice guy and get laid.

Those guys who complain about never getting laid because they are too "nice" really aren't that nice. They are manipulative, bitter assholes who think by acting friendly they will be able to maneuver into a girls pants. They are just as much of an asshole as the typical "asshole" who gets all the girls.

Be a nice, genuine, CONFIDENT guy and you won't have a problem getting laid. Be yourself, but realize any specific girl isn't important in the big scheme of things. The way I look at things is like this: She isn't my first, and she isn't going to be my last, so if I **** her, great. If I don't no big loss.

Allow me to guote the Tao te Ching(isn't about women, but it sure as hell applies here)
Quote:
Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.
Be confident and don't care about ******* any specific girl(while still letting her know that you want to.)
Old 03-21-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A few things

1) There is no possible way that you could know if you have a ton in common after a 45 minute facebook chat. Not that it is integral to the rest of your story, but I would suggest keeping a little perspective here.

2) You can't make sure of anything. It seems unlikely, however, that she would message you (I'm assuming she messaged you, if not that changes a lot of things) if she wasn't at least somewhat interested. If you find yourself often in the friend zone it could be that you're just a really nice guy. Or that you aren't aggressive enough with women. Or that you just aren't very physically good looking and are going for women that probably would never be interested in you no matter how you act.

3) Ignore the act like a dick stuff. Unless all you want to do is have sex with vapid and worthless women. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I spent many years of my life having sex with vapid and worthless women, but it sounds like you actually care about liking someone (judging by your desire to communicate and have things in common). So, let me repeat, if you want to like and respect the girl, don't act like a dick to her. Even if it works (and lord knows that it does) you will not be able to change your perspective of her (correct at that) that she doesn't respect herself and is probably not worth much more than a blowjob in the back row at the movies. It's impossible to do the hardass routine and establish a meaningful and deep relationship. Any girl worth a **** will blow you off, and subconciously knowing that you'll never respect a girl who puts up with it.

You sound like a good guy so I wish you luck, but remember, being a friend isn't the worst thing in the world. It's like being the nerd in high school. It may suck at the time, but in 10 years everyone will be working for you.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Get the friend to gage her interest for you. See where it's at, and adjust accordingly.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's impossible to do the hardass routine and establish a meaningful and deep relationship.
This is completely wrong. Most people who do act like dicks don't do it right, and go way over the top. If you do it right (meaning act somewhat of a dick, but also show that you have a nice side), then it works like a charm and you can definitely get into a relationship. The whole point of acting like a dick is to get people to notice you, so once they do, then bring out a nicer side and charm them. This approach doesn't work for everyone, but if done right, it definitely works and can get into a meaningful and deep relationship.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
This is completely wrong. Most people who do act like dicks don't do it right, and go way over the top. If you do it right (meaning act somewhat of a dick, but also show that you have a nice side), then it works like a charm and you can definitely get into a relationship. The whole point of acting like a dick is to get people to notice you, so once they do, then bring out a nicer side and charm them. This approach doesn't work for everyone, but if done right, it definitely works and can get into a meaningful and deep relationship.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

JUST ******* WRONG!

Act like yourself if you want to get in a relationship(a more confident version if you aren't already confident, but yourself nonetheless).

If you are a dick, be a dick. If you are nice, be nice. Just be yourself.