Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the prom note, me and this girl know we are going together but shes making me ask her in a cute way. She told me she wants a scavenger hunt, but screw that. Any suggestions?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
This is completely wrong. Most people who do act like dicks don't do it right, and go way over the top. If you do it right (meaning act somewhat of a dick, but also show that you have a nice side), then it works like a charm and you can definitely get into a relationship. The whole point of acting like a dick is to get people to notice you, so once they do, then bring out a nicer side and charm them. This approach doesn't work for everyone, but if done right, it definitely works and can get into a meaningful and deep relationship.
I said a meaningful relationship, not a relationship. Anyone can get a girlfriend. Anyone can get laid. It's not the same thing. Tricking a girl into liking you by acting like someone that you aren't, or beating her self-esteem down to the point that she feels lucky to be with you is not a meaningful relationship.

And if you have to act like a dick to get people to notice you, you're a pretty lousy and uninteresting person in general.

I was in a frat. I'm generally a cocky and arrogant prick (anyone who has been on the board long enough could attest to that), so believe me when I say that I've gotten the cocky dangerous guy routine down well. But even I know that you can't have meaningful relationships with people by acting direspectful or superior to them. You just can't. When I was actually serious about marriage and things of that nature I changed my attitude and subsequently the type of girls that were interested in me changed too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-21-2009 at 03:58 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
On the prom note, me and this girl know we are going together but shes making me ask her in a cute way. She told me she wants a scavenger hunt, but screw that. Any suggestions?
Find a new girl that isn't lame and won't make you jump through hoops.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I mean about being a dickhead is making subtle pokes at her, not acting too interested. It's all about gauging the situation.

The problem with being nice is that girls often think that you being nice to them makes them think that you just want to be their friend.

Girls are not rocket science. They want what they can't have. Very simple concept.

If you're trying to marry the chick, then yes, of course, it's different. But judging from the situation it's not too serious so that's how I would go about that.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
What I mean about being a dickhead is making subtle pokes at her, not acting too interested. It's all about gauging the situation.

The problem with being nice is that girls often think that you being nice to them makes them think that you just want to be their friend.

Girls are not rocket science. They want what they can't have. Very simple concept.

If you're trying to marry the chick, then yes, of course, it's different. But judging from the situation it's not too serious so that's how I would go about that.
Making subtle jokes at her isn't being a dick... That's called flirting. Being a dick is treating her like she isn't worthy of your, or any one elses time. It is getting into her deep seated insecurities to lower her self esteem. Poking fun at her isn't doing any of that.

It isn't being nice that makes girls think you want to just be friends. It is not making a move that makes them think you want to just be friends. You can very easily be nice, but make moves on girls.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When my hs girlfriend told me she wanted me to ask her in a cute way, I told her she could **** off and find someone else if she wanted to. That I was perfectly happy just going with friends.

She didn't make me ask her in some ridiculous fashion.

I'm sure there is a better way to handle it though.

You should buy a gorilla suit and start dancing around, then say, "Since it seems you want a trained monkey, will you go to prom with me?" Then you pick her up in the gorilla suit when you go, that way she can have her own trained monkey at prom.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Do the scavenger hunt. Hold it at your house. Give her a list composed of two things for her to find and bring back to you.

1. Beer
2. Sandwich of your choice.

After she has brought you that, then you can ask her. Sounds plenty cute to me.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Being a dick is treating her like she isn't worthy of your, or any one elses time.
That's definitely not what I was talking about when I said be a dick. I meant more like be arrogant and all-knowing, and make jokes. Definitely don't treat her like she isn't worth anything.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
WAREhouse

Quote:
leave her trojan magnum condoms everywhere she might look, and then when she runs into you and asks if these are yours, be like "NAw Those are too small, WIll you go to prom with me
Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAREhouse View Post
leave her trojan magnum condoms everywhere she might look, and then when she runs into you and asks if these are yours, be like "NAw Those are too small, WIll you go to prom with me
when my best friend's little brother had his girlfriend over once, my best friend and I went and got magnums and then when he came over. We handed them to him in front of his girlfriend and said, "we know you'll need these." haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
That's definitely not what I was talking about when I said be a dick. I meant more like be arrogant and all-knowing, and make jokes. Definitely don't treat her like she isn't worth anything.
Be confident and make jokes. Being arrogant makes you look insecure, and acting all-knowing makes you look pretentious.

I think being confident and fun is what you are trying to say.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think being confident and fun is what you are trying to say.
You know, I tell people all the time: be comfortable in your surroundings. What's the worst that could happen if you look stupid in front of a girl? You see her again? Who cares?

Old 03-21-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You know, I tell people all the time: be comfortable in your surroundings. What's the worst that could happen if you look stupid in front of a girl? You see her again? Who cares?
No kidding. Realizing that no one really gives a damn what you do is the most liberating feeling in the world. I can make a complete ass of myself, and odds are not a single person will remember it the next day. People are too wrapped up in their own life to care about yours.

Just think back to today, name one stupid thing someone did. I bet you don't remember one, and you are trying. Thats how everyone else is too.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
No kidding. Realizing that no one really gives a damn what you do is the most liberating feeling in the world. I can make a complete ass of myself, and odds are not a single person will remember it the next day. People are too wrapped up in their own life to care about yours.

Just think back to today, name one stupid thing someone did. I bet you don't remember one, and you are trying. Thats how everyone else is too.
A good example is this: think back to the last time you can remember embarrassing yourself. Does that have any effect on you right now? Nine times out of ten, it's not a big deal.

Your friends might remember but if they are your friends, they wont give a ****.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A good example is this: think back to the last time you can remember embarrassing yourself. Does that have any effect on you right now? Nine times out of ten, it's not a big deal.

Your friends might remember but if they are your friends, they wont give a ****.
I actually can't remember the last time I have actually felt embarrassed.

Ya, of course your friends will remember, and they will give you **** for it. But you give them **** for their **** ups, so it all evens out.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I actually can't remember the last time I have actually felt embarrassed.

Ya, of course your friends will remember, and they will give you **** for it. But you give them **** for their **** ups, so it all evens out.
Exactly. Last time I embarrassed myself, I was really drunk at some party and totally fell over and face planted. Yet, the next night, you know who said or cared about it? NO ONE. People worry way too much about their image.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Exactly. Last time I embarrassed myself, I was really drunk at some party and totally fell over and face planted. Yet, the next night, you know who said or cared about it? NO ONE. People worry way too much about their image.
You know the worst someone will say? "Dude, you were so drunk last week." It is just so completely liberating to not give a **** what anyone else thinks.

Hell, I go to class in one of these:

or one of these:

Most people wouldn't wear either of those because they would be embarrassed, but I figure, I like them **** anyone who doesn't.

Completely liberating.

By the way, people need to start wearing fedoras again. It is about time they come back in style. Join me in my efforts to bring back the fedora!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

or one of these:

Most people wouldn't wear either of those because they would be embarrassed, but I figure, I like them **** anyone who doesn't.

Completely liberating.

By the way, people need to start wearing fedoras again. It is about time they come back in style. Join me in my efforts to bring back the fedora!!!
I could never pull that **** off, lol.

If you can do it, my 'hats' off to you. (no pun intended)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know the worst someone will say? "Dude, you were so drunk last week." It is just so completely liberating to not give a **** what anyone else thinks.

or one of these:

Completely liberating.

Fedoras are just about the coolest thing on the planet. I support your mission to make them stylish again.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bringing back the fedora would definitely be a good call, I'd be down for that. The world would be a better place if you pulled that off.

The whole acting like a dick thing, I have to say BF51 has his points. I've been dating the same girl for awhile, the relationship just sort of happened, and we're real tight. She'd never pull that kind of "ask me in a cute way" ******** and she's a really cool girl that I enjoy spending time with. But being an ass to her would have gotten me nowhere.

But you and Brent are on the money also. Confidence is huge, and worrying about being embarrassed is a complete waste. Doing whatever the **** you want without really worrying about it is awesome, just so much more relaxing, and more effective also. Thinking less about what other people think is definitely the way to go.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
fedoras
I have always been a fedora fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I have to say BF51 has his points.
BF51 is the professor for a reason.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I could never pull that **** off, lol.

If you can do it, my 'hats' off to you. (no pun intended)
The only thing you need to pull it off is to think you look good in it. Not to mention, fedoras are the most badass hat ever. Just look at Frank Sinatra(or any member of the Rat Pack) he is the epitome of cool, and he always had a fedora.

I've had about an equal number of people tell me they liked my fedora and an equal number tell me they didn't. The ones that didn't? I told them I didn't give a rats ass what they thought, because I looked quite dashing in it.

Now, no one particularly likes my russian fur hat, but **** all of them. It is warm, and thats all that is important during Wisconsin winters.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have always been a fedora fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Bringing back the fedora would definitely be a good call, I'd be down for that. The world would be a better place if you pulled that off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Fedoras are just about the coolest thing on the planet. I support your mission to make them stylish again.

Start wearing them, I can't bring them back myself, no matter how many rappers wear them.

I need to get a straw fedora for summer though. But I won't really have the opportunity to wear it this summer, I'm not taking a fedora hitch hiking with me.

I really like the 50s if you couldn't tell, hitch hiking and fedoras?

Last edited by someone447 : 03-22-2009 at 12:00 AM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Wisconsin winters.
I thought you were in Portland.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought you were in Portland.
I swear I thought I changed that when I moved...

I'm in Wisconsin now, I left Portland at the beginning of the school year. I couldn't pay 30 grand for out of state tuition, especially considering my position coach was such a dick(5 defensive backs quit between camp, when I did, and the spring semester.)