Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-28-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I know couples like that too, and it is unhealthy. I just found your phrasing to be interesting.

I'm just saying that after you talked about it, and you are no longer seeing each other, there is no reason to ever bring it up again. It's over, cut your losses and move on. If you are able to still see her socially without it bothering you, do it, but any sort of relationship with her is over, so don't bring it up. It will only lead to bad things.
yeah, we will be okay with being around.

Basically what I gathered from talking to her, was that she backed off because she thought it was going to fast and wanted by herself, I backed off cause I needed to get stuff done and also kind of sensed her wanting slow down, we were seeing each quite a bit.

Thus explaining this entire situation.

But I have to cut my losses. What is the general opinion on coming back to relationships later on down the road? In my opinion, this is impossible to continue currently, but I do think that I would be very interested later on. Which makes me realize that I still am interested, but know I can't do that.

Is it bad for me to think that once you talk about something (during the early stages), such as the state of a relationship if it isn't going great, that the relationship is doomed? That is what I have taken out of the last two relationships in a nutshell.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
yeah, we will be okay with being around.

Basically what I gathered from talking to her, was that she backed off because she thought it was going to fast and wanted by herself, I backed off cause I needed to get stuff done and also kind of sensed her wanting slow down, we were seeing each quite a bit.

Thus explaining this entire situation.

But I have to cut my losses. What is the general opinion on coming back to relationships later on down the road? In my opinion, this is impossible to continue currently, but I do think that I would be very interested later on. Which makes me realize that I still am interested, but know I can't do that.

Is it bad for me to think that once you talk about something (during the early stages), such as the state of a relationship if it isn't going great, that the relationship is doomed? That is what I have taken out of the last two relationships in a nutshell.
Honestly going back to a relationship after a long while usually doesnt happen..... or at least in my exp, but speaking openly is what a good relationship is based on, open communication and trust...... What am I, a friggin Miller-Boyett Sitcom?!?!?! LOL LOL

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The future is always an unknown and with that said who knows what will happen down the road. The more you press and worry about the less likely it is reoccur. All you can do is move on and not worry about what if.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stupid question alert:

How do I show that I'm interested in a girl without making it creepy?

I probably already know what the answer is, but I just wanna make sure lol

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
stupid question alert:

You just talk to her. Then you ask her out. If you act like a normal human being you won't come across as creepy. Just remember that girls aren't another species, they think essentially the same way guys do.

Even if you **** it up and do seem creepy, you say(to yourself), "Well, damn, I ****** that up. What did I do wrong?(Figure out what you did wrong) Well, I won't do that next time." Then you forget her.

I have had friends who would do and say things that if I said them they would come off as creepy, but it fit their personality so it worked for them.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
stupid question alert:

LOL. Just tell her. Hey, I am attractive to you, and I'd like to hang out with you, perhaps dinner or something along those lines. If you know her than then do something interesting. Just let her know and be direct. It's people who try to do the indirect ways, that are prone to do the creepy things. Just let her know.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
LOL. Just tell her. Hey, I am attractive to you, and I'd like to hang out with you, perhaps dinner or something along those lines. If you know her than then do something interesting. Just let her know and be direct. It's people who try to do the indirect ways, that are prone to do the creepy things. Just let her know.
Well, that is certainly a bold move. Telling he what she finds attractive.

But other than the typo, his advice is good. There is no need to play games.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being so forward could sometimes come off as creepy, especially if you don't talk to the girl much.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Being so forward could sometimes come off as creepy, especially if you don't talk to the girl much.
Not really. Telling a girl you find her attractive is creepy? In what world is that? Going up to a girl and saying, "I want to **** you" could be creepy, but not just telling a girl you are interested in her.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, that is certainly a bold move. Telling he what she finds attractive.

But other than the typo, his advice is good. There is no need to play games.
Of course you need to play games. When the girl decides to sleep with you she doesn't want to feel like a ****.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just play around with her, tease her, joke around with her, and once she feels comfortable (which could take a bit) with you ask her out, or go out with your friends and her friends. If she says no, let it be, no is no, if you keep trying that gets creepy. I don't know you are older than me, I am 14 but this is what I do and it works fine, but I also see most girls everyday at school.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Of course you need to play games. When the girl decides to sleep with you she doesn't want to feel like a ****.
That is a very immature belief to have.

You need to have game, you don't need to play games. There is a HUGE difference. Playing games is lying, pretending you are someone you aren't, etc. Having game is being confident and fun to be around.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Just play around with her, tease her, joke around with her, and once she feels comfortable (which could take a bit) with you ask her out, or go out with your friends and her friends. If she says no, let it be, no is no, if you keep trying that gets creepy. I don't know you are older than me, I am 14 but this is what I do and it works fine, but I also see most girls everyday at school.
No advice from 14 year olds. Not that flirting with her is bad advice, but at 14 you don't have enough experience to be able to legitimately give someone advice about anything.

Last edited by someone447 : 03-29-2009 at 11:03 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. Telling a girl you find her attractive is creepy? In what world is that? Going up to a girl and saying, "I want to **** you" could be creepy, but not just telling a girl you are interested in her.
If he doesn't know her very well that would certainly be considered a little forward to a lot of women.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No advice from 14 year olds.
I am not a regular 14 year old lmao haha :D

in all seriousness, I have never once been with a girl younger than me though.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
If he doesn't know her very well that would certainly be considered a little forward to a lot of women.
Being forward and being creepy are two completely different things. I assumed he knew her at least somewhat, because otherwise the first thing you have to do is talk to her.

I don't know, I haven't really had trouble being forward(and often I am much more forward than that, but both of us are drunk at the time so...), but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I just don't give a damn.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I am not a regular 14 year old lmao haha :D

in all seriousness, I have never once been with a girl younger than me though.
Regardless, a 14 year old doesn't have enough life experience to give people advice on damn near anything. Hell, most 22 year olds don't. Honestly, you probably shouldn't be giving relationship advice until you are 25+, which is why I primarily stick to saying honesty and confidence, unless I have been through the specific situation.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being forward and being creepy are two completely different things. I assumed he knew her at least somewhat, because otherwise the first thing you have to do is talk to her.

I don't know, I haven't really had trouble being forward(and often I am much more forward than that, but both of us are drunk at the time so...), but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I just don't give a damn.
Being forward is not always bad, sometimes it works very well and eliminates a lot of the awkward BS.

On the other hand, it can come across as arrogant. Which can blow your chances with getting with that particular women.

On the creepy subject, I'll say it's best to avoid doing anything creepy. No Girl will date anyone who they think is or was told that your creepy.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It is forward, but it cuts the BS and gets to the point. If she thinks you are sincere or good looking she may take a chance. She may even like the fact that the person was so honest. Maybe no other guy has done that, so that's always the most direct route of doing things.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here my Relationship Advice: do not text while intoxicated.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
or while really sick. you send weird stuff. I think I texted a recipe for something :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While drunk at night I always think it will be a good idea idea to text this one girl. In the morning I'm always like whyyyy.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
While drunk at night I always think it will be a good idea idea to text this one girl. In the morning I'm always like whyyyy.
LMAO, sorry.

I find it weird while sleeping with my girlfriend, I have dreams of the girls she hates me talking too

I just pray to god I don't say there names while sleeping.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh so true my friend...... had to learn this one by myself

I'll always read the conversation the next day and think to myself.....why did you say those things to her....
Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Oh so true my friend...... had to learn this one by myself

I'll always read the conversation the next day and think to myself.....why did you say those things to her....
I found out a girl I was seeing was bi when I texted her drunk. Too bad I couldn't get her to help pick up a girl for a threesome. She said she was down if I found another girl, but I wasn't quite sure how to go about doing that.

I like drunk texting, something interesting always comes out of it. But I will agree that if you are looking for a relationship, it probably isn't the best way to go about it.