Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Of course people notice this. Back when i was 14, i thought making out and feeling some ass was amazing.
how the **** did it get that way though... seriously, it was like two years ago it hit me like a ton of bricks... like... wow. they're all retards who don't know what they're doing screwing themselves up...

'all in the name of being cool'.

aye. go high school musical!

i know people who weren't kissed untill they were 16, and now kids that age... they're banging ever greg, chang, and jose out there.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
how the **** did it get that way though... seriously, it was like two years ago it hit me like a ton of bricks... like... wow. they're all retards who don't know what they're doing screwing themselves up...

'all in the name of being cool'.

aye. go high school musical!
It has been slowly happening for decades now. Remember back in the day when people would actually wait for marriage?

Honestly, it's a combination of bad parenting, too much tv and movies, and music. Everything is so sexual now, that it somehow became acceptable for kids who are just hitting puberty to engage in conduct done by adults.

Hell, i didn't have a drink of alcohol till i was 17, now a days kids in middle school are already drinking.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It has been slowly happening for decades now. Remember back in the day when people would actually wait for marriage?
back in the day it was a greater percent of people waiting for marriage... now kids don't even have the intention to... at such a young age... i still think its a good idea... sex isn't hard. if you have good communication, it's normally very good... ergo, you don't have to 'try before you buy'... which was the first downfall years ago...

Quote:
Honestly, it's a combination of bad parenting, too much tv and movies, and music. Everything is so sexual now, that it somehow became acceptable for kids who are just hitting puberty to engage in conduct done by adults.

Hell, i didn't have a drink of alcohol till i was 17, now a days kids in middle school are already drinking.
i drank in middle school. but never socially... i was a closet drinker to make pain go away... but kids now throw parties... with their parents approval to drink until they pass out and make bad decisions... its so mindboggling i can't wrap my head around the near instant degredation...

Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i know people who weren't kissed untill they were 16
Seventeen, in my case :(

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Geez, man.. how does that happen?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7th grade for me. Oh how I don't miss awkward puberty.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Geez, man.. how does that happen?
Well, I was very shy and lacking much confidence though middle school and early HS. I was not very popular, until about junior year of high school (thank you, varsity football).

Old 07-31-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People that wait for marriage are dumb.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
i was too.

high five for being late in the game!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I was very shy and lacking much confidence though middle school and early HS. I was not very popular, until about junior year of high school (thank you, varsity football).
story of my life right here...seriously this is exactly how it happened for me. Got my first kiss two weeks before high school ended and now I have a g/f, getting a car in three weeks and everything is working out perfectly

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i was too.

high five for being late in the game!
I'm sure for you it was by choice not circumstance.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm sure for you it was by choice not circumstance.
no. it was kinda just the way things went... small catholic school. got looked over by a lot of boys because of my color and inability to flirt due to lack of confidence. i was awfully bookish.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
story of my life right here...seriously this is exactly how it happened for me. Got my first kiss two weeks before high school ended and now I have a g/f, getting a car in three weeks and everything is working out perfectly
No, I was implying that my fortunes changed junior year of HS, in that girls dated me.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I bet he feels silly now.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There are people who still do. Don't fool yourself in thinking that some things have changed that much. The difference is that the filters have deteriorated, but sex was being pushed back "in the day" as well. As is always the case, older groups see how blatant it is being pushed. I have a feeling those 14 year old girls were there when you were that age also, you just didn't see it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
There are people who still do. Don't fool yourself in thinking that some things have changed that much. The difference is that the filters have deteriorated, but sex was being pushed back "in the day" as well. As is always the case, older groups see how blatant it is being pushed. I have a feeling those 14 year old girls were there when you were that age also, you just didn't see it.
I understand what you're saying, but what i'm arguing is that what is being "pushed" now, is being done so at an alarming rate. Yes, i understand when i was that age there were kids having sex, and doing drugs, and drinking alcohol, but to be honest, it wasn't very many of them. Now a days, you aren't part of the cool crowd if you don't partake in those activities like the rest of the kids.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but what i'm arguing is that what is being "pushed" now, is being done so at an alarming rate. Yes, i understand when i was that age there were kids having sex, and doing drugs, and drinking alcohol, but to be honest, it wasn't very many of them. Now a days, you aren't part of the cool crowd if you don't partake in those activities like the rest of the kids.
agreed.

i knew it existed. either that or we wouldn't hear 'stories'. but... teen sex has been increasing... and, no it wasn't a sharp increase... but. that said... STD's among pre-18's is rising like crazy.

'oh i'm on birth control, i'm not gonna use a condom' philosophy will kill them all. kids are just retards... and haven't a 10th of the responsibilty that kids 10, 20, 30 years ago had.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to disagree, I think the rate has remained constant, the filtering out process has just gotten weaker. Take teenage sex for example. Shows like MTV's "16 and Pregnant" aren't what is increasing teenage sex, at least not directly. Even as an indirect means, it is weak at best. What it does (staying with this same example) the media filter lets it through. Then as parent's watch it with their kids as a means of entertainment and not a chance to teach their kids the risks of teenage sex, the parent filter is weakened.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I think we can all agree though: kids arent mature enough to handle it mentally/emotionally.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I think we can all agree though: kids arent mature enough to handle it mentally/emotionally.
Not only that, but they aren't responsible or wise enough to understand the consequences and repercussions that could come from not practicing safe sex. Like AQ mentioned, more and more teens are being infected with STDs, because kids refuse to wear condoms.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Yes, that we can.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread needs more stories from Ballin.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Condoms or not, kids shouldn't be having sex. They're morons.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:02 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Condoms or not, kids shouldn't be having sex. They're morons.
People on this board, not yet aged 18 years. Take heed.