Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

View Poll Results: What will Pioli do about the HC situation
keep herm for 2009 3 37.50%
fire Herm, hire Shanny 2 25.00%
fire Herm, hire Spags 2 25.00%
other 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How will the HC situation play out?

I see Herm getting canned and either Spags or Shanny gets the job
Old 01-17-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I suspect Pioli is going to fire Herm and hire a surprise candidate, someone that no one is really talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we could get some information. I'm not a very patient man when it comes to this! The last big news was worth the wait (Yay Pioli!) but I'm jonesing here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I wish we could get some information. I'm not a very patient man when it comes to this! The last big news was worth the wait (Yay Pioli!) but I'm jonesing here.
you and me both
Old 01-19-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another day and no news if Herm is staying I wish they would just come out and say it.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/18/chie...rdinals-haley/

Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley, a former assistant coach for Scott Pioli’s father-in-law, Bill Parcells, in Dallas, could be thrown into the mix of Chiefs head-coaching candidates, should Herm Edwards not be retained.

Parcells has extolled the virtues of Haley to many around the NFL, and Haley has elevated the Cardinals’ offense to where the team is on the brink of going to its first Super Bowl.

Now other candidates could come into play in Kansas City, and one might be Haley.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/18/chie...rdinals-haley/

Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley, a former assistant coach for Scott Pioli’s father-in-law, Bill Parcells, in Dallas, could be thrown into the mix of Chiefs head-coaching candidates, should Herm Edwards not be retained.

Parcells has extolled the virtues of Haley to many around the NFL, and Haley has elevated the Cardinals’ offense to where the team is on the brink of going to its first Super Bowl.

Now other candidates could come into play in Kansas City, and one might be Haley.
Haley is a very exciting candidate. If we decide to go another direction he would be high on my wish list right now. All said though I think we should ride the Herm wave one more year and look towards the big names on next years market.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like the idea of having Herm being a lame duck HC.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Me either if he is going to be let go why wait it will be hard to get a staff around him if they pretty much all ready know he is gone in a year and so might they.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
especially when there is no way you will be able to bring in assistants for one year
Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...t-senior-bowl/

At a time when rumors continue to circulate that Stephen Ross might soon acquire control of the Dolphins from Wayne Huizenga, which would then allow V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells to walk away with pay, Parcells made an appearance on Monday at the Senior Bowl in Mobile.

Parcells was spotted with G.M. Jeff Ireland and coach Tony Sparano. Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald called it the “Tuna Trifecta.” (We prefer the “Tuna Trinity.”)

But Parcells, who per Darlington didn’t travel to any of the team’s road games in 2008 and was seen only one time at the Senior Bowl in four years as the coach of the Cowboys, wouldn’t comment on the reason for his presence.

”I don’t talk. He does the talking,” Parcells said, pointing at Sparano.
A cynical mind might think that Parcells wanted to be seen (even if not heard) in order to generate interest in purchasing his services if/when he walks away from the Dolphins with the balance of his contract in hand.

Amid rumors that perhaps he wants to coach again and given that his son-in-law, Scott Pioli, could soon be looking for a head coach in Kansas City, we won’t rule out at this point the possibility of Parcells wearing a big red sweatshirt next season.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lame Duck Herm!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, gotta love pft.

Would be a great move but come on. Do you really think this is a possibility?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Haha, gotta love pft.

Would be a great move but come on. Do you really think this is a possibility?
Zero percent imo.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Zero percent imo.
I agree friend.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Do you really think this is a possibility?
No not at all we have now became NE when it comes to info Arrowhead is on lock down so the only thing the media can do is make up a story.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it happening but I think initially I'd very happy get Parcells here. However, I think he is kind of unpredictable as far as his tenure goes. It seems he gets antsy and needs to run every few years, which I'm not sure I like in a head football coach.

I think it might be wise to give Herm an extension and if things don't work out next year then can him. But I think it is too late in the process to fire Herm and get a good coaching staff in place, whereas I think if Herm is retained we will probably retain most of the coaching staff, which continuity would be good for the young players.

It still would have been best if Clark would have just fired Herm, that way as soon as Pioli is brought in he could look at bringing in a new guy. But, too late now.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I think it might be wise to give Herm an extension and if things don't work out next year then can him. But I think it is too late in the process to fire Herm and get a good coaching staff in place, whereas I think if Herm is retained we will probably retain most of the coaching staff, which continuity would be good for the young players.
Our OC and DC coordinator's have talked with or will talk with other teams and our DB and SP teams coaches are all ready gone.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Like Village said in another thread, this all should have been handled weeks ago. Either get rid of Herm and his staff COMPLETELY, hire Pioli, and let him hire who he wants, or keep the staff. Now we're in this weird limbo where we're (read: we're just fans here..) not sure what is going on and it's frustrating.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I heard everyone has been fired and Piloi is bringing in Parcells as HC, Shannahan as OC and Cowher as DC.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I heard everyone has been fired and Piloi is bringing in Parcells as HC, Shannahan as OC and Cowher as DC.
Joe Gibbs???
Old 01-21-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

First off I'm no insider just a fan and this is not necessarily what I want to happen but what I think is going on behind closed doors.

I think we are down to having one of two HC's either Edwards stays or we are waiting on Haley other wise a move would have all ready been made.

There has been talk that one of the reasons Pioli left NE was to run his own show if true going after a coach like Cowher,Parcells or Shanahan doesn't make much sense.

Like it or not Edwards does fit the part pretty much every thing Pioli wants in a HC he all ready sees in Edwards but if he does stay looks like he will have a new staff around him.

As for Haley I don't know much about him but what I do know sounds like he would fit the part as well and would make sense on why we had not made a move so far.

IMO Haley is Plan A and if we can't get him we stick with Plan B which is keep Edwards and that is why he has not been let go as of now.

I could be way off and would not be the first time just throwing it out there.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Haley is offensive coordinator up there in Arizona. We need a defensive minded coach, or at least someone really special as our DC. Gunther is gone (thank god) so a lot of changes are coming here in KC. Please please hire Parcells or Cowher for HC if Herm is canned!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I last posted I hadn't heard of the coaching losses. If Herm is retained, we're looking at essentially an entirely new defensive staff, with the exception of Krumrie with the DLine (which I think is ridiculous, his unit played the worse of them all). Gailey was the only saving grace about the coaching staff this year, with a possible exception of whoever the OLine coach is for his work with Branden Albert, who looks like he'll be a stud for a long time. So if Herm is to be retained, they had better hold on to Gailey.

As far as this Todd Haley guy is concerned, I would be ok with his hire if there is any credence to this rumor, but if we were going to go pick a guy off the Cardinals staff I would rather have Russ Grimm. Get the guy who deals with the OLine, if there is going to be a guy who knows how to build a team it is going to be the OLine coach, plus Grimm has more history due to his time with the Steelers.

Haley...yeah his offense is good, but it would be hard not to put up a ton of points with Warner throwing to Fitzgerald, Bolden, and I'm drawing a blank on the former Michigan receiver. Haley hasn't put together much of a run game, and their playoff success, in my opinion, is attributed to their Colt-like defensive improvement.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I would prefer to hire the best HC candidate regaurdless of weather he coaches offense or defense.the more I hear and read on Haley the more I am on the bandwagon