Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised that Peppers came out with this. Shocked, actually.

But as noted, I think it's more to do about his agent (and him) wanting to signing a long-term deal with any team and that he and the Panthers have yet to be close in over a year's worth of discussion. The Panthers will franchise tag him, and eventually come to terms on a deal most likely.

Franchise tagging him for two straight years pays him over 30M guaranteed in that span, cripes! That's ridiculous jack, and you could argue that could have been the signing bonus for a long-term deal right there.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

I think he ends up in Denver
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Yeah he was, and then we put him to DE, and he is making strides, now what? Move him back again? Meanwhile the player's shelf life in the NFL is ticking away and we have yet to settle on a position to maximize his talent.

Again, I never liked the pick. I wanted a LB, and Ryans on the board! Also, I wouldn't have mind mangold either before we traded with Pittsburgh. Never liked the pick, and fact we haven't developed him is a sin, in it's own right.
obviously I agree with you on Demeco :( *sigh*

but idk why you wanted Mangold...

keep Kiwi at one position, that's what we gotta do. He's one helluva talented player, so let him develop fully at one position.

back to Julius, I see him getting franchised and traded. PERHAPS, the Lions for Dallas' pick and a 3rd? hmmm

*totally random idea i just felt like throwing out for now reason at all*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
obviously I agree with you on Demeco :( *sigh*

but idk why you wanted Mangold...

keep Kiwi at one position, that's what we gotta do. He's one helluva talented player, so let him develop fully at one position.

back to Julius, I see him getting franchised and traded. PERHAPS, the Lions for Dallas' pick and a 3rd? hmmm

*totally random idea i just felt like throwing out for now reason at all*

Mangold Snee McKenzie would have been a middle and right side. The guy is a beast as well and will continue to get better.

I don't care really where he goes, but he won't come to us. It makes no sense either too.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers wants to play for a 3-4 team he has said that he thinks he could be better utilized.

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plck...entId=blogDest

Honestly, I believe that Peppers leaving should be telling us a lot of how good a coach Fox is.

"He feels that he can thrive in another system. While he has been selected to four Pro Bowls and designated as an All-Pro during his career, he feels that he has yet to develop to his full potential. This is the case of a great player who seeks to become an elite one."

That to me just says " I don't want to play for you if you pay me the most in the league, your defense sucks"

The Panthers have had a deal making him the highest paid player on the table for some time now. Him not wanting to be here isn't new to us, it's just a verbal confirmation.

I wish we could trade him, I'd hate to see him walk for nothing.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh, a 3-4 team? Interesting thought, I suppose.

Though I'd rather keep him at 4-3 DE, myself.

Thankfully there was never this sort of brouhaha with Freeney.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again with the homer comments but....

Julius would be filthy in Baltimore's D. It would be scary to see how Rex Ryan could utilize Peppers. Because of his size, strength and freak athletic ability, he would be so versatile. Obviously this would be only happen if Suggs left. But who wouldn't want to play for the reigning Super Bowl Champs.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God we have Allen.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Again with the homer comments but....

Julius would be filthy in Baltimore's D. It would be scary to see how Rex Ryan could utilize Peppers. Because of his size, strength and freak athletic ability, he would be so versatile. Obviously this would be only happen if Suggs left. But who wouldn't want to play for the reigning Super Bowl Champs.
I can almost guarentee you that Baltimore is probably his top choice if Ryan stays.

Why? He wants to be used, he wants to play OLB, he wants to reach his potential.

AND

He just isn't the type of guy that is a vocal leader, he likes to just go out and play, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are the leaders, he would love to play for Ray Lewis. He hasn't said this, but I can basically say this with full confidence.

Peppers would be a monster for the Ravens.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers sounds like he's a little jealous of all the 3-4 OLBs who lead the sack numbers. I believe he had the highest sack count of any 4-3 player this year but got almost no press for it

But if he wants to be Shawne Merriman, he's going to have to play every down like Shawne Merriman. Not take half the game off
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. We will probably draft depth, once Osi coms back, and now Kiwi gets moved. Signing Peppers for us, would be probably be the dumbest thing ever!
I was just kidding. Everyone was all we want peppers so I thought it'd be funny to work him into our rotation. remember the top line of my sig.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Peppers sounds like he's a little jealous of all the 3-4 OLBs who lead the sack numbers. I believe he had the highest sack count of any 4-3 player this year but got almost no press for it

But if he wants to be Shawne Merriman, he's going to have to play every down like Shawne Merriman. Not take half the game off
Exactly what I was saying. I think his ego is hurt. Personally, I think he would be a terrible 3-4 OLB.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post

Nope, John Abraham had 16.5 and he was tied with Jared Allen with 14.5.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Make the move 49ers!

DO IT!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how do you guys see him fitting in as a 3-4 OLB??

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Ah, my bad. I knew he was either tied or just barely ahead of Allen. Was not aware of Abraham even though I've always felt he was underrated as a pass rusher. Figured he got injured or something again
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
So how do you guys see him fitting in as a 3-4 OLB??
I think it's a terrible fit, to be quite honest.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its an awfull fit as a 3-4 OLB tbh. He'd be a beast rushing off the edge every play, but he'd get destroyed in coverage imo.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Didn't Abraham play stand up end a lot though?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Peppers handling the coverage aspect doesn't really worry me. He's that athletic and has been asked to drop into zones and has done well. What i'm concerned with is how long it takes him to adjust to playing the run standing up and how long we can expect him to take terrible angles and be slow to make reads against the run.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, I was so prepared to stay out of this completely; the Bolts do not sign quality free agents. But then Peppers had to come out and say he wants to play in a 3-4.

Merriman+Peppers Aaaahhhh, with Shaun Phillips as the extra pass rusher? God, please AJ, just do it. Just get it done.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't see Peppers fitting in well with a 3-4 at all.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
God, I was so prepared to stay out of this completely; the Bolts do not sign quality free agents. But then Peppers had to come out and say he wants to play in a 3-4.

Merriman+Peppers Aaaahhhh, with Shaun Phillips as the extra pass rusher? God, please AJ, just do it. Just get it done.
It's a different position with different reads, keys and assignments. I woldn't just assume he would excel just because of his name recognition, especially at the price he wants. Screw that! I would pay for his brand name for a position that made him famous. Signing him to a new position is very, very risky just because he is "Peppers."
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's a different position with different reads, keys and assignments. I woldn't just assume he would excel just because of his name recognition, especially at the price he wants. Screw that! I would pay for his brand name for a position that made him famous. Signing him to a new position is very, very risky just because he is "Peppers."
He's a disgusting athlete and physical has everything to dominate the position. That said I think he's going to be a major disappointment his first year or two in that scheme before he adjusts and the light comes on.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe so, but he'd still be a pass rusher. He's as athletic as human beings get, too. Difficult to imagine how an O-line would deal with Peppers and Merriman coming from different crazy angles. Rivers and Peppers are both legends in the state of NC, send Philip on a recruiting trip! :D

Yeah, don't worry, I know it's impossible.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote