Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

View Poll Results: What do you think of B.J. Raji @ number 3 overall?
Yay 3 15.79%
Nay 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
TaylorMade
Rookie

TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What do you think of B.J. Raji @ number 3 overall?

First off, I'm not a Chiefs fan but am an active mock drafter, and was curious if avid Chief fans would consider drafting B.J. Raji at number three overall. B.J.
s draft status has skyrocketed at the Senior Bowl. It seems to me his main competition is SLB Aaron Curry right now. Granted drafting a SLB isn't the greatest value in the world, even though Curry is a beast.

The Chiefs run defense has been a major weakness for a while now.
1. B.J. Raji would help the run game out tremedously almost immediately.
2. He would also help free up Glenn Dorsey and help his development.

Basically my main question is how good is your current DT Tank Tyler and does he have a bright future or is he merely average? Am I merely overreacting his Raji's great Senior Bowl so far? Could some diehard Chief fan share their opinion on this proposition?

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09
TaylorMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler is fine.he's more suited to be used the way we used Dorsey last year so to Raji at 3 that's a NO
Old 01-21-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like him we have way bigger needs then DT so I think it would be unlikely.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I would be calling for Piloi's head if we went D-Tackle at number 3.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

moronic thread.

endlife/
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
TaylorMade
Rookie

TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
moronic thread.

endlife/
Would you agree that B.J. Raji is an upgrade over Tank Tyler?

I am just trying to spark an interesting football conversasion. There's no need for personal attacks. The Chiefs were ranked 30th in run defense, and its been a weakness for a long time. I do believe that adding B.J. Raji would upgrade their run defense moreso than Aaron Curry.

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09

Last edited by TaylorMade : 01-21-2009 at 07:13 PM.
TaylorMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he a upgrade sure is he worth the 3rd pick with the other needs we have no.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Tank has developed and we did just draft Dorsey.

Our run defense was so bad because we don't have any linebackers outside of DJ. We need two new starters at LB, one outside and one middle.

We have WAY bigger needs than DT, most notably LB, DE and OT (right side).

I think I can speak for most Chiefs fans when I say, I'd be pretty confused at Pioli taking a DT with the 3rd overall pick.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
First off, I'm not a Chiefs fan but am an active mock drafter, and was curious if avid Chief fans would consider drafting B.J. Raji at number three overall. B.J.
s draft status has skyrocketed at the Senior Bowl. It seems to me his main competition is SLB Aaron Curry right now. Granted drafting a SLB isn't the greatest value in the world, even though Curry is a beast.

The Chiefs run defense has been a major weakness for a while now.
1. B.J. Raji would help the run game out tremedously almost immediately.
2. He would also help free up Glenn Dorsey and help his development.

Basically my main question is how good is your current DT Tank Tyler and does he have a bright future or is he merely average? Am I merely overreacting his Raji's great Senior Bowl so far? Could some diehard Chief fan share their opinion on this proposition?
Yea, same here. I think Tank is developing fine. Our biggest probllem is our pass rush, and I think Curry would definately help solve that(along with our run defense, which progressively got better...those few games where teams ran for like 300 yards against us really hurt us)
Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs were able to move down, acquire additional picks, and take Raji or Jerry at 12-15 I'd be ok with that, but I don't think the team can afford to add another top 5 pick contract to the DT group.

Besides, the major issue I have with the DLine is the lack of pass rush ability. I thought for the most part they did merely ok in run defense, and I attribute most of the defense's ineptitude versus the run to the LBs, who seemed to never be able to shed blocks or get to the right gap. So I think Curry is the better player and the more valuable one to the Chiefs at the 3rd spot.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
GO_Chiefs
Rookie

GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.

I don't like players that at the end of the season for Senior Bowl/Combine etc.. he improves his stock tremendously AFTER the season. He should of done that during the season, and we already got Dorsey. So um no.
GO_Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_Chiefs View Post
I don't like players that at the end of the season for Senior Bowl/Combine etc.. he improves his stock tremendously AFTER the season. He should of done that during the season, and we already got Dorsey. So um no.

Well, if you look at his stats, in 2006 he had 23 tackles, 8.5 TFL and 3 sacks, in 2008(rs in 2007) he nearly doubled in each of those categories : 42 Tkles(82% increase), 16 TFL(88% increase) and 8 sacks(167% increase). So I agree with you( I hate paycheck players...I.E. Haynesworth, Ty Law), but it's hard to argue that the upside isn't there.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
ArrowheadMagic

Without a HC and FA, there is no telling what holes this team will have in April. IMO, Everette Brown would have more value at that pick.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they hadn't wasted their 2008 pick on Glenn Dorsey, I'd say Raji would be a possibility... But it's gotta be Curry.
________
Buy bubblers

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:46 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If they hadn't wasted their 2008 pick on Glenn Dorsey, I'd say Raji would be a possibility... But it's gotta be Curry.
Dorsey was not a wasted pick. He was a rookie. Give me a break with these posts.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a rookie who's a DT with a history of back problems. It's just downright retardism that they passed on the Saints' trade offer... It was a bad pick at #5 at the time. Hopefully Dorsey can get healthy, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
________
PAXIL CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:46 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He was a rookie who's a DT with a history of back problems. It's just downright retardism that they passed on the Saints' trade offer... It was a bad pick at #5 at the time. Hopefully Dorsey can get healthy, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
You gotta do some research man. Dorsey had a tibia fracture. We don't even know what the saints' official offer was. It was a bad pick? The guy drew comparisions to WARREN SAPP! DT's don't produce very often in their rookie season(ala Haynesworth, Sapp) and all the pundits gave us an A+ for our draft this year....what about Flowers? Are you going to say it was stupid for us to pick him because he has a girlie name...jeez.