Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

THav916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
On paper he (Lewis) may look like a Guard,....but he's exceptional as a pass protector at the tackle spot. I think that what could possibly be used to justify moving him inside would probably be the "level of competition" he played against in college ?

I like Mack as well,..just not in the first if we are in position to move up and snag Maualuga, Harvin or get a thoroughbred D-lineman. As far as Unger,...i think he's one of those 'jack of all trades, master of none" guys and i'm not enamored with him in any round before the third. (Though of course he will be drafted before then)
People really seem to hold Unger's versatility against him. I've been high on him for awhile then he goes and has a great week at the combine. He's got the added weight, still looked athletic, strong...I think he can be a full-time stud Center. What I love about the versatility (with him and the other top centers this year) is that in his rookie year I think he can compete at another starting position, and then move to Center when Hartwig departures. I loved hearing positive things from all the guys on NFL Network this week about Unger and loved when they said, 'He just looks like a Center, doesn't he?' I won't argue that that makes him a bonafide center, but it's nice to hear that those guys also think he can be a stud center.
THav916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Steel34
Rookie

Steel34 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Put me on the list of people that love Max Unger. I'd be thrilled with Max in Black and Gold!!!!!
Steel34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
savedbygrace89
Rookie

savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Too Early

I also think that that is too early for Macho Harris.
I would love to see the Steelers get someone like OG Duke Robinson in the 1st round myself.
savedbygrace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
savedbygrace89
Rookie

savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THav916 View Post
People really seem to hold Unger's versatility against him. I've been high on him for awhile then he goes and has a great week at the combine. He's got the added weight, still looked athletic, strong...I think he can be a full-time stud Center. What I love about the versatility (with him and the other top centers this year) is that in his rookie year I think he can compete at another starting position, and then move to Center when Hartwig departures. I loved hearing positive things from all the guys on NFL Network this week about Unger and loved when they said, 'He just looks like a Center, doesn't he?' I won't argue that that makes him a bonafide center, but it's nice to hear that those guys also think he can be a stud center.

I love Max Unger as well... Good Post
savedbygrace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SteelCzar76
Rookie

SteelCzar76 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbygrace89 View Post
I also think that that is too early for Macho Harris..
Macho didn't "kill em" in the 40 at the combine (but what suppossedly "Elite" corner did Being as that most of them attempted to bulk up ?),....but i believe that if one were to grade this Kid based upon his actual productivity during his collegiate time,.(Most of which he was a starter),....he wouldn't be nearly as overlooked or "slept on" by so called "pundits" as he is strictly based on the fact that he failed to run a sub 4.5.

But that's just me,....

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
Victor "Macho" Harris CB
A.Q Shipley C
Johnny Knox WR
Zach Potter DE
Sammie Lee Hill NT

Stop giving the Steelers Unger or Mack in the 1st round !
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote