Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Math Help!!!

can anyone try and help me in graphing a polar graph? IF someone just PM's me this thread can be locked. This is urgent and any help will receive major +rep

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
can anyone try and help me in graphing a polar graph? IF someone just PM's me this thread can be locked. This is urgent and any help will receive major +rep
what are you graphing? what function are you using? what class?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's for pre-calculus. I have to graph r/theta=12

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's for pre-calculus. I have to graph r/theta=12
which is 12theta = r
or the radius = 12 times the degree. i think.

is that the right question for real?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

That's what i did, but isn't 12theta just a diagonal line? How can you graph a diagonal line on polar paper?

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not a diagonal line at all. r = theta is a spiral. theta*12 would probably be a pretty zany spiral.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
That's what i did, but isn't 12theta just a diagonal line? How can you graph a diagonal line on polar paper?
it's not. it's a spiral.

you know the spiral of archamedies? function of theta = theta? (the polar equivalent to x = y (fyi))

Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Math sucks. You guys might as well be speaking Mandarin right now. So glad I got done with math a couple of years ago.
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
It's not a diagonal line at all. r = theta is a spiral. theta*12 would probably be a pretty zany spiral.
zing. zoom. man, i miss the days when math was actually easy.

JETS5128
Pro Bowler

your right, and the spiral is ****** HUGE

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

CAn anyone help me on how to graph it now?

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
it's not. it's a spiral.

you know the spiral of archamedies? function of theta = theta? (the polar equivalent to x = y (fyi))
I think I know what you mean by "polar equivalent," but not to confuse JETS here, r = theta is not the polar equivalent of the xy coordinate line x = y. It's sin(theta) = cos(theta).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I think I know what you mean by "polar equivalent," but not to confuse JETS here, r = theta is not the polar equivalent of the xy coordinate line x = y. It's sin(theta) = cos(theta).
true, but as far as the most basic function you could acquire in either coordinate system, they're 'equivalent' in concept not in actual form.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
change your scale. don't go by 1's, go by 10's or better yet let each tick = 120, so for every 10* you move 1 tick.

is that confusing?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Can anyone help me on how to graph it now?
Not trying too be annoying, but time is of the essence here

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
when r = theta, that means the distance a point is from the center (or pole or whatever) is equal to the angle of the point. r = 12*theta means that the distance from the center equals twelve times the angle of the point. So your first point would be (0,0), your second point would be (1, 12), and so on. The problem is that the angles are in terms of pi, with each revolution around the center being 2pi. That means that the angle would be 6/pi, which you would have to estimate.

Basically, your teacher's a prick.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
change your scale. don't go by 1's, go by 10's or better yet let each tick = 120, so for every 10* you move 1 tick.

is that confusing?
I'm supposed to graph each point from 0 to 360, in increments of 15 degrees. But how can i graph the point theta=15, r=180 on polar paper?

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Wait, I'm assuming that you're drawing this. Is that correct?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wait, I'm assuming that you're drawing this. Is that correct?
Yes, on polar paper

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm supposed to graph each point from 0 to 360, in increments of 15 degrees. But how can i graph the point theta=15, r=180 on polar paper?
to quote basic engineering 101.

engineers choose the coordinate plane and scale. they also do it to specification.

what does your graph paper look like? bullseyes or a regular cartesian coordinate system?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
bitchin.

each one of those circles do NOT equal 1. they equal 60. in distance.

so. for every 5 degrees, you move out one concentric circle (which the scale is 1r=60? i forget). meaning at 15 degrees, you'd be moved out 180, or three concentric circles. which rtheta = 15*12 (or 180)

when you move out to 30 degrees, it'd be 30*12 or 360, which would be six concentric circles.

just make sure you put on the graph that you have changed the scale.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
bitchin.

each one of those circles do NOT equal 1. they equal 60. in distance.

so. for every 5 degrees, you move out one concentric circle (which the scale is 1r=60? i forget). meaning at 15 degrees, you'd be moved out 180, or three concentric circles. which rtheta = 15*12 (or 180)

when you move out to 30 degrees, it'd be 30*12 or 360, which would be six concentric circles.

just make sure you put on the graph that you have changed the scale.
this. my suggestion is way wrong.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

You guys are savior's, i'll rep you more once i can

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope I never do this.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote