Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking Fantasy Forum Offseason

Applications until Wednesday Feb 4th.
Announce GMs eiter Thursday Feb 5th or Sunday Feb 8th.
Free agency begins that day.
All free agent signings settled Feb 15th.
Draft starts Sunday (Feb 15) night.

Hello all.

I am organizing this year's Fantasy Forum Offseason. It's like the Forum Mock Draft, but before you draft you add in a free agency/trading period and afterward there's a huge discussion over what the new teams would look like. The goal for everyone is to have a good time, and for the teams that work the hardest to be rewarded. There is not as much stress on realism, although there are limits. We won't let unfair trades happen. There is no cap calculating going on or budgeting. But at the same time we do consider the cap during some decisions, so even if one team works really hard and does a great job, they can't sign everyone available.

At this point we need to decide who will be representing the 32 teams. Team power structures can be set up multiple ways. A Head GM in charge with Assistant GMs working under, or Co-GMs (with or without Assistant GMs). What I typically do is only name the users most in charge of a team and let them add to their staff with other users as they like. What this means is that you'll only see me announce 1-3 names as GMs. This doesn't mean your chances are over, it just means you should talk to the GMs of your favorite teams and see if they don't mind working with you. We want as many people as possible to participate, so if you feel like you're getting stonewalled, just shoot me (or any other organizer of this) a PM and we'll see if we can give you something to do.

Send your application to ward@texas.usa.com and PLEASE put 'Application' as the subject title. This is for my benefit so that I can search my e-mails more easily, and if you're the only one who forgot to do it, you'll be the only one left out. Also please include the following information.

user name:
given name: (can just be first name, can be made up, I don't care)
Current rep:
5 Teams you would be willing to participate as, from most to least:
What would your dream offseason look like for your #1 team?:
Do you have AIM or IRC? If No, would you be willing to get either program so as to increase communication during this game?
Any specific users you'd like to work with? (quick note, if I have two users who list each other, you both increase your chances of getting selected)
Any other qualifications, anything you want to tell me, miscellaneous:

When you've done all that, head on over here and see what all the fuss is about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider
I'm interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29
Ward, I would like to apply but I'm afraid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
I do think I remember offseasons, but I don't really remember all the specifics.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon everyone, sign up!

I'm looking forward to this and we could use some more people.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sending my app now!
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would do it but i am way 2 lazy to fill out an application
Old 03-02-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you to those that participated

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote