Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-05-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Yeah, but Vilma did not want us ... clearly.
shows he still has his sanity.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So much for this.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=9

Quote:
"It would be ludicrous for me to say I want to leave my last year. It would be stupid to even want to do that," Foote said. "The bottom line is in 2002 the Lions had a chance to draft me. They chose not to. The Steelers did."
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyintheD View Post
Yeah I figured this would be the case. When free agency hits it might be a different story, but I never got a warm fuzzy about the rumors that he "had" to come to Detroit especially after being on such a good Steelers team. It just doesn't make sense.

If they extend his contract in Pittsburgh and its good, I don't see him turning it down because he wants to come back home.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyintheD View Post
I think that his comments were nothing more than damage control. I'm quite sure that he dosen't want to burn his bridges with the Steelers, especially considering that he is still under contract and Pittsburgh could repeat as champs next year. We'd probably all do the same thing.

As the article states, there are two sides to every story. Pittsburgh may or may not want him...who knows?

Anyways, Foote would be good in a leadership role for Detroit, but would he be that much better than Lenon? Probably not. Better, yes. Difference making better? No.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw a report that the Steelers are going to release Larry Foote. Is he a short-term solution for the MLB spot in Detroit?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

here it is

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He couldn't play the SLB side, he doesn't have anywhere near the speed to play on the outside in a 4-3 defense. He'd have to play the middle but even there he would be a liability because of his lack of speed. He plays inside in Pittsburgh but in their defense he isn't asked to do much more than cover half the area a 4-3 MLB has to cover.

I think people just assume a LBer that plays well in Pittsburgh will not be the same player elsewhere ... they seem to make every LBer good ... but -- to say he isn't a fit for a 43 is asinine - he has played it before ... He's not going to be on the field during nickel or dime downs(thank you Sims and Peterson), so -- his speed will be adequate for what we'll ask him to do, stuff the run ...

I've seen lots of Steelers games and he never seems lost, never seems slow, and is a tough, tough player that can really hit, too ... he'd be perfect for our team ... do I think he's a defensive MVP type of player? No ... but -- I definitely think he's a little underrated because he played for Pittsburgh and could actually see him making a Pro Bowl or atleast making some noise in the NFCN ... and the intangible/leadership factor can not be stressed enough!

Sign him up! Get Levi Jones for LT, too, while we're at it ...
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

I'd like to se him signed for a couple of years too...Sims/Foote/Peterson LB combo would be pretty damn good in my book
Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I'd like to se him signed for a couple of years too...Sims/Foote/Peterson LB combo would be pretty damn good in my book
I agree.

We need to look into Travis Laboy and Rod Hood as well. Wow that'd be sick. We have the cap and nobody on the roster holding them back. Shouldn't be more then 1 year deals as well.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
MagicStick20
Rookie

MagicStick20 is a cocksman.MagicStick20 is a cocksman.MagicStick20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
That would be a pretty killer d
MagicStick20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog
Yeah i think this would be a good move for the Lions, but it ultimately has to be a stop gap for this year so we can address the D in the draft next year. Foote should be decent, but that will make him look like a pro bowler compared to the rest of our D.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote