Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-01-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.
Default Your predictions: 2009 1st pick, 2010 round 1 pick, 2009 record

Not who you want, but who you will think will be drafted #1.

1. 2009 1st pick: Stafford, QB.
- Reminds me of John Elway or Brett Favre.

2. 2010 top 10 pick by the Lions: Eric Berry, safety.

He reminds me of Ronnie Lott. Berry is nicknamed the "fifth dimension".
He is 5'11. Plays safety. Had 5 INTs freshman year. 7 INTs sophmore year.
For those who love Taylor Mays, you got to see Eric Berry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZKTa...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMI4q...eature=related

3. 2009 record: 5-16.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5-16? is that including preseason? and if it is whats the extra game?
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009 1st pick will be Matthew Stafford.

2010 1st pick will be Trent Williams OT Oklahoma.

Our regular season record this year will be 4-12.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009 1st pick Matthew Stafford. Step in the right direction. Needs some help at guard and on D but it's the right choice.

2010 BPA again. OT or D.

Regular season record. 6-10
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009 #1 Pick: Eugene Monroe
2010 #1 Pick: Sam Bradford

2009 Record: 4-12
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
Not who you want, but who you will think will be drafted #1.

1. 2009 1st pick: Stafford, QB.
- Reminds me of John Elway or Brett Favre.

2. 2010 top 10 pick by the Lions: Eric Berry, safety.

He reminds me of Ronnie Lott. Berry is nicknamed the "fifth dimension".
He is 5'11. Plays safety. Had 5 INTs freshman year. 7 INTs sophmore year.
For those who love Taylor Mays, you got to see Eric Berry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZKTa...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMI4q...eature=related

3. 2009 record: 5-16.
You know what, people may call me crazy, but I like the Farve comparison. I think best case senario with Stafford ceiling he could turn out into a Farve-like player.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
You know what, people may call me crazy, but I like the Farve comparison. I think best case senario with Stafford ceiling he could turn out into a Farve-like player.
Does that mean he wants a liter of cola?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't spit in that cops' burger

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does that look like spit to you, ahhh **** it
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

2009 1st pick overall: Matt Stafford (People are going to hate me for this comparison and I honestly like Stafford as a prospect but...Ryan Leaf with more maturity and better mental makeup).

2010 1st rounder: Carlos Dunlap (the next Kevin Carter will give the Lions the bona fide pass rusher they need)

2009 record: 4-12
Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missed this thread somehow.

2009 #1 - Matt Stafford, QB
2010 Round 1 - Carlos Dunlap, DE. Absolutely, officially, my man crush.
2009 Record - 4-12 (#3 Overall Pick) I predict we start off 1-6, Stafford is named the starter for Week 8, and we finish 3-6.

I'd just be afraid of Tampa Bay picking Dunlap #1, or Cincy taking him #2.. I'll just cross my fingers that Tampa goes Sam Bradford and Cincy goes with Taylor Mays.

Damn, the 2009 Draft hasn't even happened and I'm looking to 2010.. :(

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeth View Post
5-16? is that including preseason? and if it is whats the extra game?
The probowl
Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

2009: #1 - Matt Stafford
2010: 1st - Gerald McCoy - he'll be our version of Fat Albert, but this is of course dependant upon the direction we go with this years draft.
2009 record: 3-12, but will make strides with the D and hopefully Stafford plays a MAX of 4 games of which 3 starts (probably a 1-2 record in those starts)
Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too vote Gerald McCoy in '10 - if you want to know what needs will be most important next year, look at the positions that are getting filled with older, one-year solutions. Exhibit A: Grady Jackson.

2009 #1 pick: Matthew Stafford

2009 record: 6-10 (silly to predict right now but what the hell)

2010 first pick: Gerald McCoy
Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
blink18352

1a Aaron Curry
1b James Lauranitus
2 William Beatty

1 Taylor Mays

Record 6-10

or

1a Eugene Monroe
1b James Lauranitus
2 Micheal Johnson

1 Taylor Mays

Record 4-12
Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if you don't want it to happen, I don't see how anyone can think the Lions won't take Matt Stafford. The only thing that could take him out of the #1 spot is a freak injury before the draft.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Dunlap or Berry. Theyre both absolute freaks of nature. I have a friend who is a huge Vols fan so Ive seen a lot of Berry.. and he is utterly ridiculous. You wouldn't think a 5'11 sub 200 lb guy could lay people out like he does either. He is around the ball on every single play. Beast. That said I think I would prefer Dunlap as weve needed an impact pass rusher since Robert Porcher left.

I would definitely take Berry over Mays 10/10 times though. Only thing Mays has on Berry is size & national exposure. I don't see Mays making 1/3 of the plays that Berry does. I know USC had a stacked defense, but UT was also a top 15 defensive team in the country last year.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
blink18352

well to me it doesnt matter i heard of both, and i know they both are amazing players. i just havent seen much of berry tho to make a decision right now. and also a whole year of playing will change how they are taken in the draft
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I would love Dunlap or Berry. Theyre both absolute freaks of nature. I have a friend who is a huge Vols fan so Ive seen a lot of Berry.. and he is utterly ridiculous. You wouldn't think a 5'11 sub 200 lb guy could lay people out like he does either. He is around the ball on every single play. Beast. That said I think I would prefer Dunlap as weve needed an impact pass rusher since Robert Porcher left.

I would definitely take Berry over Mays 10/10 times though. Only thing Mays has on Berry is size & national exposure. I don't see Mays making 1/3 of the plays that Berry does. I know USC had a stacked defense, but UT was also a top 15 defensive team in the country last year.
Somehow acquire Tampa's 2010 Round 1.. and we can get both Dunlap and Berry!

Old 03-06-2009, 04:47 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Somehow acquire Tampa's 2010 Round 1.. and we can get both Dunlap and Berry!
I'll allow it !
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote