Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Jenkins>Collins. I guess the only reason you my have to Kampman being over Woodson is because without him our secondary would strangle even more.
I originally had Jenkins ahead of Collins and then switched them. It's a close call between those two. I think had Jenkins played this whole season it would have been him no question, but since Collins had a great year and Jenkins hasn't fully broken out yet Collins gets the nod.

Kampman is still the best player on our defense. Woodson comes in at a close second, but Kampman is #1.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
at DE he could command a quadruple team!
Dude, at quarterback he would be able to be un-sackable. He would totally know what the pass-rushers were thinking!
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kampman will be fine at OLB. Although adding him to a LB corps that couldn't cover well to begin with won't help.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:47 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Well for starter's I think Barnett could basically fit into any LB system, he's aggressive and instinctive. The 3-4 gives the ILBs a whole lot of freedom by virtue of 3 space eaters in front of them instead of the usual 2, and Barnett's playing style is very much search and destroy.

AJ Hawk is flat out not playing up to his potential, even though he's an effective LB. As a 3-4 ILB he'll have less responsibility and can focus on cracking people for a while. ultimately it's a gut feeling based on how I've seen them play, and there's always an adjustment period, but personally I think if the Packers blow this transition, it won't be due to Barnett and Hawk.
I know it differs somewhat according to the various 3-4 schemes, but I thought that 3-4 ILBs had to take on more blockers, not fewer. Hence why someone like Maulauga is viewed as an ideal 3-4 ILB...

I rather suspect that Barnett is going to suffer from Vilma-syndrome. Hawk might be better off, but I'm not sure.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
I rather suspect that Barnett is going to suffer from Vilma-syndrome. Hawk might be better off, but I'm not sure.
That's what I believe will happen too. On of Hawk's strengths in college was his ability to blitz, and the Packer's never sent him on blitzs. That will change with Capers. I expect Hawk to thrive in this defense, and Barnett to regress.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More importantly Justin Harrell will likely move to DE!

( if he ever gets the sand out of his vagina)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Damnit! Another nagging injury!?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That's what I believe will happen too. On of Hawk's strengths in college was his ability to blitz, and the Packer's never sent him on blitzs. That will change with Capers. I expect Hawk to thrive in this defense, and Barnett to regress.
Barnett regressed last year.. so..I don't know. Perhaps he will regress further and lose his starting job. Hard to say!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Barnett regressed last year.. so..I don't know. Perhaps he will regress further and lose his starting job. Hard to say!
He was hurt most of the year, he won't lose his starting job.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You never know. If they can get a dominating presence to fill the NT spot, I could see both thriving. Donnie Edwards had a couple of really great years when the Chargers first switched to the 3-4, and those two are very similar.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone project me the starting lineup for a 3-4 alignment in GB if it happened today.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Someone project me the starting lineup for a 3-4 alignment in GB if it happened today.
Jolly-Pickett-Jenkins
Kampman-Barnett-Hawk-Poppinga

Just my opinion

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jolly-Pickett-Jenkins

Just my opinion
Watch out, it's Poppinga off the edge! Everette Brown, anyone?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jolly-Pickett-Jenkins

Just my opinion
I don't think anyone can argue that's how'd it'd be using just the players currently on the team.

If Justin Harrell can stay healthy I think he'll get a good shot to win the other DE spot, but that's too much of a question mark so it goes to Jolly for now.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

... vagina? Oh right, I get it: he has nagging injuries, nagging like a woman. Women have vaginas.

I guess they should try not to leave him HIGH AND DRY (get it, because... women do chrystal meth and also laundry).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why so many people are down on Kampman.

Granted I've never seen him in coverage, but I looked it up... and compared to some guys that have been playing 3-4 OLB In the league successfully his agility and speed #'s are better than theirs..

When he came out at 6'4 289lbs.

Clark Haggans comes to mind.

Kampmans, 10, 20, 40 yard.. 3-cone, and shuttle are way superior and he was holding an extra 34lbs.

Now he's 255-260 going into next season I'm thinking those #'s improve even more.

Not saying it's a guarantee, but I want to see him do it before I say it's impossible.

It's not even impossible for Peppers to do it either.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is sweet. A two page thread in the NFL about the Packers without the mentioning of a certain player. We need to draft atleast another piece to the 3-4 front that can start right away, and going with it the first two rounds wouldnt be the worst thing.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I don't know why so many people are down on Kampman.

Granted I've never seen him in coverage, but I looked it up... and compared to some guys that have been playing 3-4 OLB In the league successfully his agility and speed #'s are better than theirs..

When he came out at 6'4 289lbs.

Clark Haggans comes to mind.

Kampmans, 10, 20, 40 yard.. 3-cone, and shuttle are way superior and he was holding an extra 34lbs.

Now he's 255-260 going into next season I'm thinking those #'s improve even more.

Not saying it's a guarantee, but I want to see him do it before I say it's impossible.

It's not even impossible for Peppers to do it either.
I think Kampman will transition better than Peppers would if he ends up in a 3-4.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he did play lb his first two years at iowa so it's not foreign to him
btw, heard on espn that ray ray most likely won't resign with the ravens.. anybody think he's a good fit especially if the packers decide to go with bj raji instead of one of the olb/de's?
He'd bring experience, leadership and fire to the defense
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22 View Post
he did play lb his first two years at iowa so it's not foreign to him
btw, heard on espn that ray ray most likely won't resign with the ravens.. anybody think he's a good fit especially if the packers decide to go with bj raji instead of one of the olb/de's?
He'd bring experience, leadership and fire to the defense
I think the Jets are the most likely team to sign Ray, then the Cowboys, then the Ravens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a big question mark and the secondary as well. Going from a press man to man play on the outside to zone. So while Woodson has played zone before, it's going to be interesting if Al harris can do that.

Reminds me of when Tim Lewis was our DC. We played alot of zone, and it killed Corey Webster, until we changed the system and Webster is playing at a pro bowl level for us.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
This is sweet. A two page thread in the NFL about the Packers without the mentioning of a certain player. We need to draft atleast another piece to the 3-4 front that can start right away, and going with it the first two rounds wouldnt be the worst thing.
How would Favre fit in a 3-4? I think he'd excel.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would Favre fit in a 3-4? I think he'd excel.
They don't allow Favre to play Defense because it would be way too unfair, that is why hes stuck at QB.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

I think Favre would do great on defense. He is already really good at throwing it to the defense.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
That's a big question mark and the secondary as well. Going from a press man to man play on the outside to zone. So while Woodson has played zone before, it's going to be interesting if Al harris can do that.

Reminds me of when Tim Lewis was our DC. We played alot of zone, and it killed Corey Webster, until we changed the system and Webster is playing at a pro bowl level for us.
Al Harris will have no problem playing zone. Zone is much easier to play than man. I also highly doubt the zone won't begin in press coverage. If I were to guess, it would end up being a man within zone type of scheme. Where if someone crosses through your zone, you take them man. If no one is in your zone you peel off and look for work.

I posted this in the Packer team forum:
Just because it is a zone defense doesn't mean the corners have to play off. It is possible, and I am thinking quite likely, that the Packers corners will play in the receivers face even while in zone. To do otherwise would be absolutely stupid. The Packers have the best bump and run corners in the league, they will continue to take advantage of that.

When I was at Portland State, we used a defense that was similar to the Steelers defense. Our corners were in zone, but they played it up on the line. I have a feeling that is going to be the type of defense the Packers run, considering Capers was with the Steelers when they first started running the defense(more or less) they have, back in '92. I don't think you need to worry about Harris. He will probably be able to continue playing on the line, but his diminishing speed will be hidden by the zone they will be playing. I will bet anything the secondary gets better. Woodson and Collins are both ballhawks, and they will thrive in a zone defense(even more so than they did this year.) Bigby will probably be playing closer to the line and will be able to take advantage of his hitting ability.