Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Hand the ball off.
Worked all last year and because of our change to the 3-4 I fear that we may be just as bad next season if not worse.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I think I misunderstood what your asking. Are you saying how would I beat it or what is the basic weakness talking as a defensive guy trying to support your defense?
If you were an NFL OC and you were facing this defense how would you attack them?
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
If you were an NFL OC and you were facing this defense how would you attack them?
Well after watching some pre season games I would get a better sense. But I would need to see how many fronts you guys implement. Do you plan on sticking with a pue 3-4 or mixing it up with an event front? Also, what techniques is everyone playing. I need a better sense of that.

I guess I would use the Giants because I know ALL our formations and runs by heart now since I do game breakdowns every year. So I would need to see what fronts you have and who is playing where. I would think in year 1 your DL wouldn't be as strong, so I would love to run the ball and run Isos and Lead at your Lbs testing them out in this system early on.

If you guys do play zone, then I would want to see techniques and responsibilities early on and get a sense of how you guys match 1 X1, 2 X 1, and 3 X 1 formations.

But off the top of my head, I want to take adv. of you guys not pressing anymore. So in theory alot of quick game early on. Like WR screen, bubble, and so on. My goal would get you to play tight again, and then hit you guys with a play action pass. But I'd def. want to test my OL vs your DL early on in this system. It's hard to go into detail like I would without seeing anything you guys are running.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basically stick our guys into the Steelers' defense. So here is our starting line up;

----Harrell----Pickett----Jenkins----
--Kampman--Barnett--Hawk--Poppinga--
-Woodson-Bigby-Collins-Harris/Williams
Old 02-13-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well after watching some pre season games I would get a better sense. But I would need to see how many fronts you guys implement. Do you plan on sticking with a pue 3-4 or mixing it up with an event front? Also, what techniques is everyone playing. I need a better sense of that.

I guess I would use the Giants because I know ALL our formations and runs by heart now since I do game breakdowns every year. So I would need to see what fronts you have and who is playing where. I would think in year 1 your DL wouldn't be as strong, so I would love to run the ball and run Isos and Lead at your Lbs testing them out in this system early on.

If you guys do play zone, then I would want to see techniques and responsibilities early on and get a sense of how you guys match 1 X1, 2 X 1, and 3 X 1 formations.

But off the top of my head, I want to take adv. of you guys not pressing anymore. So in theory alot of quick game early on. Like WR screen, bubble, and so on. My goal would get you to play tight again, and then hit you guys with a play action pass. But I'd def. want to test my OL vs your DL early on in this system. It's hard to go into detail like I would without seeing anything you guys are running.
From what I know about Capers, it will be most like the Steelers D. I'm guessing they will keep the press on. It would be stupid not to, and Capers and MM know that. Harris is probably the best press corner in the league, and Woodson isn't far behind. If they quit pressing, the Packers will be in for a long year.

Iso is the best way to attack the defense. The line is going to be the weak point. It was last year, and I expect it to be the same this year.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
From what I know about Capers, it will be most like the Steelers D. I'm guessing they will keep the press on. It would be stupid not to, and Capers and MM know that. Harris is probably the best press corner in the league, and Woodson isn't far behind. If they quit pressing, the Packers will be in for a long year.

Iso is the best way to attack the defense. The line is going to be the weak point. It was last year, and I expect it to be the same this year.
Yeah I'd hope for their sake they mix it up well and not be a zone coverage team. We tried running the hybrid nonsense with Tim lewis and basically ran a zone coverage scheme and that was why we had the label of worst secondary. Then we switched systems and all of a sudden that all went away.

ISO would be what I'd use, but I want to know how many defensive fronts they use to be sure. I know our bread and butter running play is Power G. So I wouldn't mind seeing that against their front with our line. Until year 2 or even year 3, I don't have confidence in the Packers in getting the right peices for that system. I'd be curious to see how their OLBs do in space specifically Kampman. So there are alot of question marks still.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk but if i were kampman id demand a trade.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
idk but if i were kampman id demand a trade.
Kampman is still getting paid. He isnt that kind of guy either. Not everyone is Chad Johnson. People are willing to change for the better of the team even if that means personal sacrfices. Kampman is going to be after the passer with more room to work with.

Why would you demand a trade if you were him?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I'd hope for their sake they mix it up well and not be a zone coverage team. We tried running the hybrid nonsense with Tim lewis and basically ran a zone coverage scheme and that was why we had the label of worst secondary. Then we switched systems and all of a sudden that all went away.

ISO would be what I'd use, but I want to know how many defensive fronts they use to be sure. I know our bread and butter running play is Power G. So I wouldn't mind seeing that against their front with our line. Until year 2 or even year 3, I don't have confidence in the Packers in getting the right peices for that system. I'd be curious to see how their OLBs do in space specifically Kampman. So there are alot of question marks still.
didn't Jim Johnson's defense run a zone?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he mixed it up alot this year and I'm just going off of the very few games I watched. I remember the majority Samuel's picks being in some kind of zone. Shocking could give you a more informed answer though.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Kampman is still getting paid. He isnt that kind of guy either. Not everyone is Chad Johnson. People are willing to change for the better of the team even if that means personal sacrfices. Kampman is going to be after the passer with more room to work with.

Why would you demand a trade if you were him?
because the packers wont get a lot of good pieces together for a couple of years. he he has to switch position although he averages 12 sacks the last three years. if i were him, id ask to be traded to a contender.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
They may once and a while and even if that. I think our defense was an exact copy of their defense. So I am guessing man coverage with lots of QB pressure. Zone doens't make sense because QBs can have a window to get it out. But Cbs in press coverage would make it very tough for QBs to even want to throw it risking a pick.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
because the packers wont get a lot of good pieces together for a couple of years. he he has to switch position although he averages 12 sacks the last three years. if i were him, id ask to be traded to a contender.
I wouldn't say a couple of years, it all depends on what this team does in the off-season. Right now we need 2 DEs, 1 NT, 2 OLBs, and Barnett to be traded. Barnett should be the one depending a trade.

What they could do is;
DE: Cullen Jenkins, Chris Baker*
NT: B.J. Raji*, Ryan Pickett
DE: Justin Harrell, Darryl Richard*
OLB: Brady Poppinga, Brandon Williams*/Lawrence Sidbury, Jr.*/Cody Brown*
ILB: Nick Barnett, Brandon Chillar
ILB: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, Danny Lansanah
OLB: Aaron Kampman, Robert Ayers*(want him on the Packers!!!)

possible free agents could be Kevin Carter, Shaun Cody, Tank Johnson, John Thornton, and for a moment I will dream, Terrell Suggs.

It won't take a couple of years. 2 years is my guess.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 02-13-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

in 2 years he is like 31-32, thats pretty old for a DE, especially for a 3-4 OLB

Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

its his contract year so its likly he will not be back, if he doesn't like the switch. Harrison is 30 right now and is expected to be resigned by the Steelers for a longer deal.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I haven't seen anybody speculate or even ask this question, its not a big deal though: I wonder are they gonna change his number? It's 74. I guarantee nobody has a for sure answer on this.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

he had 54 in College so I guess he will wear 94.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll keep 74. Why would he change it?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

because he would be a LB and LB have different Numbers.

Harrison didnt play as much as Kampman though. so even if he is the same age, he didnt take as much punishment

Old 02-14-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
because he would be a LB and LB have different Numbers.

Harrison didnt play as much as Kampman though. so even if he is the same age, he didnt take as much punishment
The NFL does not usually make players change their number if they've made a position change. See Deving Hester.

Also I remember an interview where he was asked about his number. He was asked why he wore #74, which is unusual even for a DE. He said that it was the number assigned to him for training camp as a rookie. He said that he's had opportunities to change to a 90's number, but since that's the number he came up with he has no desire to switch it. I doubt a move to LB is going to change his mind on that.