Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-04-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lacrosse thread

Not sure how many here play lacrosse, but it's ******* awesome. A sport that's gaining some popularity, but very slowly sadly. Such a great game, especially to play. Our season starts in 30 days and I'm ridiculously pumped. Got a new crazy coach coming in after a 1-17 season. We've got a **** load of seniors and I'm just crazy pumped. Anyone else play? If so, tell stories!

I play defense btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most people down here wouldn't be able to tell Lacrosse from their johnson. Overall it's an awesome sport. I've caught a few NCAA games on ESPN, and i must say it does look fun.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the kids at my school who play lacrosse are the biggest douches on the planet. But overall it looks tight. If I wasn't a trackstar I most def would try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
the kids at my school who play lacrosse are the biggest douches on the planet. But overall it looks tight. If I wasn't a trackstar I most def would try it.
that sucks, I've met a lot of kids who are douches who give the sport a bad name. But for the most part, a lot of guys are pretty chill in it. I started last year and it's been constantly growing on me still. It's a lot of fun, and I suggest those who aren't studs in track like jballa try it.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that sucks, I've met a lot of kids who are douches who give the sport a bad name. But for the most part, a lot of guys are pretty chill in it. I started last year and it's been constantly growing on me still. It's a lot of fun, and I suggest those who aren't studs in track like jballa try it.
I really enjoy watching it though, and spring is perfect for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun fact: Lacrosse is Canada's national summer sport, and was Canada's only official sport until 1994!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Most people down here wouldn't be able to tell Lacrosse from their johnson.
Just about every Dallas-area suburb HS has a lacrosse team. I played and it was so much fun. It just wasn't UIL, much like hockey.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Livin' Lax, Brahz?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure how many here play lacrosse, but it's ******* awesome. A sport that's gaining some popularity, but very slowly sadly. Such a great game, especially to play. Our season starts in 30 days and I'm ridiculously pumped. Got a new crazy coach coming in after a 1-17 season. We've got a **** load of seniors and I'm just crazy pumped. Anyone else play? If so, tell stories!

I play defense btw
Are you going to try and play at Rutgers?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

I played for 2 years, but honestly outside of Jersey, Maryland, and a few spots in PA it's not that big of a sport it seems.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's actually how it works at my HS. Those who aren't fast OR just choose not to do track, do lacrosse. Taxing sport though.

You'll enjoy this scotty. Shawnee is a high school that's about 10 minutes away from us and it employs the #2 LAX player in the nation, Chris LaPierre. Guess who else comes from there? Ryan Blascyszk.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Are you going to try and play at Rutgers?
nah, they're DI(and totally awesome) and I just started playing last year and am fighting for a starting spot this year. I kick myself constantly I didn't start freshman year. It's so awesome, I'm totally pumped.
Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
That's actually how it works at my HS. Those who aren't fast OR just choose not to do track, do lacrosse. Taxing sport though.

You'll enjoy this scotty. Shawnee is a high school that's about 10 minutes away from us and it employs the #2 LAX player in the nation, Chris LaPierre. Guess who else comes from there? Ryan Blascyszk.
Shawnee is so dirty. LaPierre is just ridiculous, and any time you can be connected to the awesomeness of Rutgers football, you equal win!
Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Fun fact: Lacrosse is Canada's national summer sport, and was Canada's only official sport until 1994!

more facts:

Gretzky was absolutely dirty at lacrosse. Like ridiculous, but that's obvious.

Jim Brown was also an animal. He would hold the stick against his chest and run through people. He actually resulted in a rule change and you can no longer hold the stick directly against your chest ala mr. Brown haha
Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play middie for St.Norbert College. We had a meeting tonight to start up our season, we only have about 18 guys so it could be rough for us. First practice of the year is tomorrow. It should be interesting.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shawnee is so dirty. LaPierre is just ridiculous, and any time you can be connected to the awesomeness of Rutgers football, you equal win!
LaPierre is the man in football too. Our school faced him (I believe it was a Scrimmage) and he ran over us and threw us (safety too). He hit 44 TDs this year, however our RB got County Player of the Year....BUT because LaPierre got nearly every other accolade you could get.

The kid is a beast.

And R-Blaz is always worth a mention.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I play middie for St.Norbert College. We had a meeting tonight to start up our season, we only have about 18 guys so it could be rough for us. First practice of the year is tomorrow. It should be interesting.
that's pretty sweet. What level is that?

18 guys is pretty rough, but as long as most of the bench guys are middies you shouldn't be too too bad. Middie's are insane, I can just imagine what it's like at the college level
Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's pretty sweet. What level is that?

18 guys is pretty rough, but as long as most of the bench guys are middies you shouldn't be too too bad. Middie's are insane, I can just imagine what it's like at the college level
http://greatlakeslax.org/pages/modules/content/?id=1

We are a club team. We play in the Great Lakes Lacrosse League. We do play some good schools such as Marquette, UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee School of Engineering. But we also play some teams that have older guys, for instance Mad Cow is a club team made up of older guys in their 30's. Most of them are dicks, we actually got into a fight with them last year because one of their guys punched one of our guys in the face. It go real ugly after that. I did get to lay out two older guys during the game which was pretty sweet.

We do have some talent so hopefully we have a good year, however we are replacing 13 seniors who made up a lot of our scoring, so the first games may be a bit of a learning process for us. Depth will be an issue, as will conditioning for some of the other guys since drinking is a nightly occurrence for some of the guys.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

This is me last year in a game against Columbia College.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
http://greatlakeslax.org/pages/modules/content/?id=1

We are a club team. We play in the Great Lakes Lacrosse League. We do play some good schools such as Marquette, UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee School of Engineering. But we also play some teams that have older guys, for instance Mad Cow is a club team made up of older guys in their 30's. Most of them are dicks, we actually got into a fight with them last year because one of their guys punched one of our guys in the face. It go real ugly after that. I did get to lay out two older guys during the game which was pretty sweet.

We do have some talent so hopefully we have a good year, however we are replacing 13 seniors who made up a lot of our scoring, so the first games may be a bit of a learning process for us. Depth will be an issue, as will conditioning for some of the other guys since drinking is a nightly occurrence for some of the guys.
that first part is awesome. even club teams are dirty.

the last part blows, that'd suck hard if they get caught and kicked off. you need realisticly about 20-25 guys to have a comfortable amount of depth
Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I play defense btw
Did you know that lacrosse is Canada's National sport and not Hockey?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Did you know that lacrosse is Canada's National sport and not Hockey?
i did. plus Chris posted it a few posts up. Sadly, it's not growing that fast in America. Especially down in the Southeast. I mean they rarely have teams and most of them are terrible haha. Up in the Northeast it's pretty big, hence the better teams being UVA, 'Cuse, Maryland, Navy etc
Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

One other story I have is my first game experience. Two years ago these two girls and myself went to watch my buddy play against the Wisconsin Badgers. Unfortunately the team was short guys, so my buddy asked me if I would play since they didn't have enough, so I was like sure why not even though I had no idea what I was doing. Well I really had no clue when I first go out there so they threw me on as a middie. All I can remember is that I tried to stay away from the ball and just hit people that came near me. I remember that we lost and that I got put on my ass a few times, but I had a ton of fun and have been playing ever since.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
One other story I have is my first game experience. Two years ago these two girls and myself went to watch my buddy play against the Wisconsin Badgers. Unfortunately the team was short guys, so my buddy asked me if I would play since they didn't have enough, so I was like sure why not even though I had no idea what I was doing. Well I really had no clue when I first go out there so they threw me on as a middie. All I can remember is that I tried to stay away from the ball and just hit people that came near me. I remember that we lost and that I got put on my ass a few times, but I had a ton of fun and have been playing ever since.
haha that's pretty awesome. last year I started, worked in the summer and indoor leagues during fall and winter, but they're different from the actual spring season. First game of the year, I'm thrown to the fire to start haha. I was out of position like crazy and totally lost and got put on my ass quite a few times. It was ugly. But playing more is awesome, brought experience and now i'm the one laying the lumber! haha
Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
that first part is awesome. even club teams are dirty.

the last part blows, that'd suck hard if they get caught and kicked off. you need realisticly about 20-25 guys to have a comfortable amount of depth
Technically we are not affiliated with the schools athletic department so the administration has no power over us whatsoever. That does have its drawbacks since we get no money from the school and have to pay for everything ourselves.

Also they took away our field this fall and built a new dormitory in its place. This year we have to use the football teams practice field for our home games.