Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-09-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar3112 View Post
What does Kyle Prater do? The announcers said he was real upset about Carroll leaving, but where does he go instead?

Alabama?

I can't really see him going to Florida.
ND should be right in there

I know will continue praying to verious gods to hope it actually happens

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Stamper
Rookie

Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I am not accusing noone of nothing, but does anyone think there has to be money involved in any of this? I know it won't come out right away, but it would not surprise me if something came out about Meyer paying these kids money to come.
a triple negative, impressive
Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Stamper
Rookie

Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also tennessee will have an impressive team in a couple years. great talent coming in and it showed today.

florida is just stupid. 3 5*'s in one day. i have no idea what urban is telling them but i guess its working
Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
just came in here to say that game was all about Cole Marcouxzzzzzzzz

#1 prospect in 20whatever
Did i see he committed to Dartmouth. Something tells me that isnt firm.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
JLaw45
Rookie

JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Did i see he committed to Dartmouth. Something tells me that isnt firm.
About Marcoux:

I play at Dartmouth. He visited in the fall and i got to meet him. He's a smart kid and a really good guy-he seems to, at least personality wise, fit in here really well overall. obviously talent-wise he can dominate the ivies.

He committed here and was admitted as part of our early decision class. Technically, this isn't firm. Last year we had another 6'5" QB from oklahoma who backed out to go to OU(not playing football anymore), and he to had been an ED commit. The last big-time QB we got is our Junior starter now who could have gone to UCF. We kept him because he would consider no non-Ivy's except for Stanford(not even Duke).

So yes, he could opt to go to another school still. I'm obviously biased in what I would prefer to see, but sticking with Dartmouth would be a better deal for him unless an offer from Stanford comes along. An Ivy League degree is an invaluable thing to have, especially when you consider that college ball lasts for just four years. You can't play forever, but a Dartmouth degree(and the pay/prestige that comes with it) lasts for your entire life. You won't get this at most FBS schools, save for Stanford.

I like to think(based on the conversations I've had with him) that he and his family are of this mindset and barring a stanford offer are likely to stick with us. But we'll see. QB's have played in this game before and still remained committed to the ivy League(Liam O'Hagan of Harvard in 03, most recently). It can be done.

Last edited by JLaw45 : 01-09-2010 at 04:32 PM.
JLaw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Tennessee, Alabama, Oklahoma and Notre Dame will all be trying to get back in it with Prater now. Notre Dame has work to do because of their new staff, though.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper View Post
also tennessee will have an impressive team in a couple years. great talent coming in and it showed today.

florida is just stupid. 3 5*'s in one day. i have no idea what urban is telling them but i guess its working
I like Tennessee's class a lot so far, especially after losing our RB/ST's/Florida guy in Eddie Gran and WR/Louisiana guy in...I forget his name. QB was a huge need, and they've landed a JUCO QB with Sims and a future guy in 4* Tyler Bray. They've done well on offense with Ambles (#7 WR), Kenbrell Thompkins (#1 JUCO WR), Matt Milton (#45 WR), and JaWuan James (#24 OT), but they've done outstanding on the defensive side.

They've got the #2 DE corps coming with Corey Miller (#3 WDE), Jacques Smith (#5 WDE), Brandon Willis (#6 SDE), and J.C. Copeland (#17 WDE) (Willis and Copeland could move inside eventually). They're getting a 4* JUCO DT, which is a huge need. Plus, DB Ahmad Dixon (#9 S) is a great get, and 4* WR Ted Meline will probably play CB. Delvin Jones, a 6'6 230 lb jumbo athlete, could play DE as well, but a lot of talk has him playing TE too after losing TE Ken Adams.

Not to mention, Paaaaarlaaaaardyyyyyyyy! :D

The class isn't full yet, so hopefully we'll land a few more guys. I'm hopin' for Chaz Green (#4 OT), John Cullen (#1 JUCO OL), and/or another OL after seing the DL pull Florida got today. At DE, Florida has the #1 class and Georgia has the #3, so bring on the OL's!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Jones de-commit from Tennessee?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Didn't Jones de-commit from Tennessee?
Nope, but there's been rumors swirling around him for a while with different schools. He's got a visit scheduled at Ole Miss this month, and I think a few other Vols commits will be going with him. I know 3* LB Ralph Williams, who's also from Miami, will be going with him, and I believe Markeith Ambles will be going too.

So at this point he's still a soft verbal.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Senorise Perry just committed to the Louisville. Another commit to the cards!
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dillon Baxter situation is interesting. He's an early enrollee and has to decide by Monday if he's going to stick with USC or not. Definitely something to watch.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'd say Tennessee, Alabama, Oklahoma and Notre Dame will all be trying to get back in it with Prater now. Notre Dame has work to do because of their new staff, though.
He has scheduled visits coming up I think to the SEC & other schools, he can sit back & watch the offers pour in & take his pick. If Dame lands him to replace the 2 WRs they're losing, watch out. He's the best prospect at that position since Julio, could turn a program into a winnah & a HC into a heavyweight overnight.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The Dillon Baxter situation is interesting. He's an early enrollee and has to decide by Monday if he's going to stick with USC or not. Definitely something to watch.
He could just not enroll early, though.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LizardState, my man, I shake my fist in your general direction.

John Fulton should be wearing Garnet and Black.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I just read a very promising article on Baxter. VERY promising
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Kai Dominguez commits to Louisville.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just curious but did anyone hear the announcers continuously talk about Meyer calling all of his recruits everyday. I don't know if they were just saying this but isn't now the dead period in recruiting in which each team is only allowed 1 call to a prospect per week. Just curious but did anyone else notice this?
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJJ44 View Post
Just curious but did anyone hear the announcers continuously talk about Meyer calling all of his recruits everyday. I don't know if they were just saying this but isn't now the dead period in recruiting in which each team is only allowed 1 call to a prospect per week. Just curious but did anyone else notice this?
yeah but meyer already quit so its just a random stalker

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:11 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
yeah but meyer already quit so its just a random stalker
Hey, not a bad idea. Just "quit" at the end of every season so you can call recruits as much as you want. Then right after NSD announce that you've "found the love for the game again," or something similiarly vague. It's a perfect plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Leavitt firing is the best thing that could have happened for the Gamecocks. Landing Ace Sanders would be huge for us. Spurrier and G.A. Mangus just had a nice visit with him. He considers SCAR his leader now that USF is out of the picture.

We're really looking for a Harvin or a Mccluster type of play maker. Who isnt? But Spurrier has put great onus on this. So we should see a nice competition between he, Sean Tapley, and Nick Jones for that role. Nick Jones may actually be the best option here, the guy can run.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJJ44 View Post
I doubt Meyer is the only one to do this...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

rumor going around is that Todd Chandler four star DT, who is committed to USF is going to De-commit in the near future.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
mav91
Rookie

mav91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ace Sanders is exactly what Carolina needs. Someone who can take it all the way. A playmaker who can get to the edge of the defenses and someone with slot potential and he definitely fits that role. As long as Florida doesn't toss their hat in his race I think he'll be a Gamecock.

Oh and I played against Nick Jones, granted it was 2 years ago but he will help eventually I think. If anything ensure us getting Lattimore.
mav91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if this was already posted, but since Pete Carroll is leaving USC, All-American wide receiver Kyle Prater has opened up his recruiting again. I would think that Oklahoma, Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Illinois now all have a shot at Prater again.

Hope he stays home and goes to the Illini!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prater's dad contacted UF when the Pete Carroll news came out, just FTR.

And Christian Jones put us back on his list and in a conversation with Cody Riggs and Chris Dunkley on facebook said he'd visit later this month.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote