Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-03-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Second, congrats on bringing Iowa into a discussion that has nothing to do with them. Iowa fans outside of told weren't under the impression that we were in serious consideration, unlike Minnesota fans.
********. There were not only a lot of fans that seriously thought Seantrel would go to Iowa, there were a lot of fans that seriously thought that Iowa DIDN'T WANT HIM when they didn't do the in-home. If there is a bigger sense of self-delusion I'd like to know what it is. You honestly have a lot of nerve talking about any fanbase being an Iowa fan. They are notorious for being completely out-of-touch. That's why it's relevant.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would add, however, that I hate the majority of people that post on Gopherhole. There's something in the water over there.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing Louis did was post something to mess with people on his facebook. People who use facebook as a serious recruiting source get what they deserve. He never strung Minnesota's coaches along or anything. Our staff said today that they were a little worried about Louis b/c it seemed every week a different school was coming at him hard trying to get him to switch. He only ever filled out one college application and that was to Ohio State.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Kiffin inherits Seantrel. SMH

Out of all of the new recruits today, did Kiffin and staff even play an integral role in bringing anyone to SC besides Ambles?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
And I can't even name one of them, besides Shariff Floyd and Dorsey. Looks like they are all working out super well.

Edit: Just looked them up. Gary Brown, Omar Hunter and Torrey Davis? Lol. Are any of these guys even on the Two-Deep?
Dominique Easley
Sharrif Floyd
Gary Brown
Omar Hunter
Torrey Davis

Brown was a RS Fresh, Hunter has been injury plagued, but you'll see him make an impact next year. Our fans are already excited about the "Omar Sharrif" nickname (before my time), and Davis got kicked off.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a chat, Penn State's insider said that Marcus Lattimore was infact a silent commitment to Penn State, but he couldn't leave his family and friends. Even Bob L from Scout said that if he wasn't three hours away, he'd be Penn State.

Dammit.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I doubt JoePa can do the cha-cha with momma as well as Spurrier either.

BTW anyone read the NYTime article about Henderson to USC? Doesn't his dad come off as a total creep in that? Between the Seantrel Henderson and Sharrif Floyd recruitment, there have been some really bizarre articles, things to come out about their recruitments. I guess that's what you get when you're talking about Urban Meyer and Lane Kiffin as recruiters.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Sean thought Tressel was "too boring, and to the point". Sean and Kirk wouldn't have got along, no chance, no way. Kirk saw it before trying to put the full-cour press down. BearsFan knows this. What Sean should have said is, Tressel was too "conservative" for my liking. We all know that's what he meant.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

yeah, they're having a picnic with that article on the o-zone and some other boards too probably. It was all about glitter and glam for Sean H. "Exposure." After that article came out where Seantrel's dad talked about how the USC coaching stability and the possible NCAA penalties weren't that big a deal to him, it became very apparent that he was all about USC regardless of the coach just b/c it was in a big market in LA. No market in Columbus for 37 year old rappers I guess.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 02-03-2010 at 07:24 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

No doubt Sean Henderson is a pathetic human being.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

Out of all of the new recruits today, did Kiffin and staff even play an integral role in bringing anyone to SC besides Ambles?
I'd say just one other, Nickell Robey, who decommited from Georgia to come here. He was said to be interested in your Vols before Kiffin left, which tells you something. It was very quick work with him because he made his official visit as recent as this past weekend.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Smith will stay on the right side. Kalil is talented enough to start and play at a high level on either side, but he will without question have to take a backseat here. Guys upfront like Seantrel are few and far between, even for a program of USC's standards, and really as good as it gets. You do whatever to accommodate players of his stature.
I wouldnt mind getting Seantrel in at tackle this season and moving Kalil to guard. I think he would be a good guard in my opinion.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

I'm still stoked about the Vols class. Losing brain cells over on Volnation with guys nitpicking a Top 10 class (according to Rivals, which I tend to predominantly go by). We got the #8 OT and the #7 OG, and added the #49 OT to develop, yet they think we didn't address the OL... We probably just drafted the future right side of our OL...dumbasses. I hate Vols fan.

Except for the Vols fans here. We're awesome. The rest I wanna e-choke a *****.

EDIT: Hah! I forgot we also got the #14 OG. So that makes the #7 OG, #8 OT, #14 OG, and #49 OT. What would addressing the OL look like if that didn't cut it? The only remote gripe I have is not getting a top notch Center with Florida getting Floyd and a beast DL class, but other than that, that's a great haul...correct me if I'm wrong?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-03-2010 at 08:14 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm still stoked about the Vols class. Losing brain cells over on Volnation with guys nitpicking a Top 10 class (according to Rivals, which I tend to predominantly go by). We got the #8 OT and the #7 OG, and added the #49 OT to develop, yet they think we didn't address the OL... We probably just drafted the future right side of our OL...dumbasses. I hate Vols fan.

EDIT: Hah! I forgot we also got the #14 OG. So that makes the #7 OG, #8 OT, #14 OG, and #49 OT. What would addressing the OL look like if that didn't cut it? The only remote gripe I have is not getting a top notch Center with Florida getting Floyd and a beast DL class, but other than that, that's a great haul...correct me if I'm wrong?
I would love to have that amount of quality depth coming in. After the super elites, it's almost impossible to rank and rate the good football players across the country. The #49 OT may end up being a super stud. You can't tell.

I think Dooley is going to do just fine for you guys. He certainly is a hell of a lot classier.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

according to rivals, USC have the no 1 class. Any chance they grab Anderson from Ohio?
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What changed with Latwan Anderson's grades? One minute he doesn't have the grades to get into Ohio State and the next minute he is still considering them.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
What changed with Latwan Anderson's grades? One minute he doesn't have the grades to get into Ohio State and the next minute he is still considering them.
**** happens when you miss on pretty much all of your late targets.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...33#post2002833

2011!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagagad View Post
according to rivals, USC have the no 1 class. Any chance they grab Anderson from Ohio?
Yeah it is USC. Of course they have a chance. Guess that UF class isn't as beastly as everyone says if USC could pass them.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I'd say just one other, Nickell Robey, who decommited from Georgia to come here. He was said to be interested in your Vols before Kiffin left, which tells you something. It was very quick work with him because he made his official visit as recent as this past weekend.
True. Forgot about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Yeah, I liked the class a lot. My only disappointments would be losing JC Copeland and Chaz Green.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

I can't vouch for the accuracy on this, but...

http://twitter.com/PeteThamelNYT/status/8618404991

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: Top recruit Seantrel Henderson will not sign #USC LOI because of specter NCAA probation. Details in a few http://bit.ly/yEipO
Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahahah karma maybe..
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Why in the world would he make that decision now? It's not like he didn't already know that.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ot-signed-yet/

Quote:
Seantrel Henderson, the highly recruited offensive lineman who announced Wednesday that he was going to Southern California, has not signed a letter of intent to play for the Trojans.

According to Hendersonís father, Sean, he will wait until U.S.C. appears before an N.C.A.A. infractions committee from Feb. 19-21 to hear about possible sanctions for the program before deciding whether to sign the letter. Though the Trojans are not likely to hear about any possible sanctions at that time, Sean Henderson said the hearing would give the family a sense of where the process was headed.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*waits for Told to come in and claim he gave Seantrel oral loving in order to consider Iowa again so he doesn't look like a legit jackass some more.