Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-03-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

Assuming the sanctions involve a scholarship reduction..how much could it hurt them? They undersign every class anyway. How many scholarships were taken from Alabama back in the day?
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's say he doesn't end up going to SC. What other possible destination does he have? He already said Tressel bored him and they didn't like their class sizes (like that matters). My guess is Miami.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could stay home and play at Minnesota(doubtful). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida take him.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just noticed that Mack was 25/25 on signing guys who took official visits to Texas this year.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

Looks like Tommy Tuberville is going to have to get his own recruits, he didn't do a great job of hanging on to Leach's.
LB Chuck Howley
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well considering that USC doesn't find out about possible punishment until late April most likely, wouldn't it be funny if USC got hit really hard and Henderson signed anyway (funny to me anyhow). Nothing against the kid, daddy just seems like a total clown.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Let's say he doesn't end up going to SC. What other possible destination does he have? He already said Tressel bored him and they didn't like their class sizes (like that matters). My guess is Miami.
he said he didn't like Ohio State's class sizes?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ambles wants to take Reggie's number? What a friggin' stud.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/good...-to-USC-020310
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with the public snubbing, JT would take Henderson in a heart beat.

BTW, this video of RRod defending the signing of Demar Dorsey (who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU) made me laugh.

RRod
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Demar Dorsey (who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU)
Link please. Considering UF definitely takes the NCAA minimum, I'd love to see a link to this. Also, for a guy who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU, which would be impossible to accurately gauge at 100% because school doesn't end in January for non-early enrollees, they sure were recruiting him hard until the final bell.

Last edited by Sniper : 02-04-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Link please. Considering UF definitely takes the NCAA minimum, I'd love to see a link to this. Also, for a guy who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU, which would be impossible to accurately gauge at 100% because school doesn't end in January for non-early enrollees, they sure were recruiting him hard until the final bell.
FSU is still catching hell for having a moron academy for the academically impossible with tutors doing work for players, players not knowing how to read, they had one player with an IQ in the 60s. Nobody could fail to academically qualify during the late Bowden era.
LB Chuck Howley
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, sweet sweet homerism.

http://www.duanelongreport.com/2010/....html#comments

Quote:
We get the #1 back in the country on my board in Rod Smith
Quote:
Tyrone Williams is the best receiver that nobody was talking about
Quote:
Taylor Graham was as good as we could find.
Quote:
Alabama is not recruiting better backs than us. Nobody is.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay_allison View Post
FSU is still catching hell for having a moron academy for the academically impossible with tutors doing work for players, players not knowing how to read, they had one player with an IQ in the 60s. Nobody could fail to academically qualify during the late Bowden era.
It hasn't exactly become Harvard, either.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Sorry, I should have said rumored.

Gator Blog

Still, a thug that UF and FSU distanced themselves from going to UM is sad indeed. Hopefully the kid can keep his nose clean. He's a hell of an athlete and a good safety is what you've been missing for many years. He has the chance to be an elite one, so I guess that is the risk/reward RRod is taking since his seat is very hot.

I can't believe how much some of your reporters hate RRod.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Still, a thug that UF and FSU distanced themselves from going to UM is sad indeed.
He's a thug because he was arrested for something, declined a plea bargain to go to trial, and was acquitted? ****, man. What does that make Jamaal Berry, he of the felony right after he signed with Ohio State? FSU distanced themselves from him? So why, exactly, did they and UF keep recruiting him until the final bell? From that same video, I'm paraphrasing here...

"When a school says they dropped a kid but keep recruiting him until the last possible second, is that really dropping him?"

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/1...l-safety-demar

It really looks like FSU was distancing themselves when it was rumored that he committed there. Certainly looked like it when they were recruiting DD yesterday.

Quote:
The term "reporter" probably doesn't really fit with Drew Sharp. If Michigan State had signed Dorsey, Sharp would have hailed Dantonio for his trust, ability to forgive and forget and giving the kid a second chance. Dorsey wasn't convicted of anything and your assumptions, based off of hearsay, bias and basically no solid information, are just a bit much.

http://michigan.scout.com/2/943898.html

Premium quote. Sue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar Dorsey
I heard about them saying they dropped me, but that’s not the real story. They didn’t want me to visit other schools; they just kept calling me about it. After awhile, I just stopped taking their calls.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, not that I agree with the logic...

Quote:
The heavily recruited offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson took an unofficial visit to Iowa City during Iowa’s victory over Minnesota on Nov. 21. From there, his recruiting seemed to be positive. He sort of liked Iowa and what it did with its offensive linemen and kept Iowa on his list.

Then, sometime in December, it abruptly ended.

Henderson and his family wouldn’t put Iowa on their list of five official visits. So, Ferentz said no thanks to an in-home visit and ended the recruiting.

“If he doesn’t want to visit, he doesn’t want to come, right? Nice kid, though,” Ferentz said Wednesday.
http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/on-io...ning-day-notes

It would be nice to have Seantrel, but I trust Ferentz's decisions, even when I don't agree with the logic. But, I guess that puts an end to the argument that Iowa didn't want him in the end, unless words directly from Ferentz aren't believable enough.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to shut the **** up about the Dorsey situation unless they clearly are educated in the matter. Don't sit here and judge a 17 year old kid that you know nothing about. He was charged with a crime and and acquitted of it. He is not a criminal and he is not a thug. The guy was found "not guilty" in court of law. Not everyone who goes to court is guilty of a crime. To just assume that is ******* ********.

All the Ohio State players who were actually convicted of a crime and then allowed to stay on the team with minor suspensions are just good guys who deserve a second chance right? When Glenn Winston beats someone half to death and goes to jail then it's ok, right? But God forbid Michigan signs a player who WAS NEVER CONVICTED of a crime. I guess Kobe Bryant is a thug and a criminal. We're talking about a kid who never got in trouble before the incident, was acquitted of the crime, and hasn't gotten in trouble since. There is ZERO reason to believe he is a bad kid. This is trash talk gone too far.

As far as Drew Sharp goes, the guy is negative about everyone. I honestly don't think I've ever read a positive article from him. Granted, I haven't read any article from that brainless moron in a couple years, but the point stands. Like Brian Cook said today on the local radio, Drew Sharp's job is to make people upset. He's such a hypocrite too. He sits there and says "It's my job to present the facts." Then he makes random assumptions and generalizations about the kid after HE ADMITTED TO NOT KNOWING THE FACTS. He goes on to say that people shouldn't judge him or the media after spending all his time judging a 17 year old kid who he has never met in his life.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UF DC George Edwards leaves a day after NDS to become B-Lo DC.
Why the hell did he leave for the B-Lo?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Goober Man
Rookie

Goober Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Sorry, I should have said rumored.

Gator Blog

Still, a thug that UF and FSU distanced themselves from going to UM is sad indeed. Hopefully the kid can keep his nose clean. He's a hell of an athlete and a good safety is what you've been missing for many years. He has the chance to be an elite one, so I guess that is the risk/reward RRod is taking since his seat is very hot.

Yeah because everyone kills people ya know...Steals from me steals from you whatever...

Maybe you should think before you should act like OSU is a bunch of golden boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owWrz0xFPlg

If that ain't Thug U then you're just plain ignorant.

Last edited by Goober Man : 02-04-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Goober Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State is "Thug U" because Terrelle Pryor isn't the greatest public speaker?

sure thing buddy.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Goober Man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
Ohio State is "Thug U" because Terrelle Pryor isn't the greatest public speaker?

sure thing buddy.
So tell me how many arrests have been made to OSU players? Thanks for being totally dense to my statement.

Jamaal Berry, Alex Boone..A numerous other players arrested for DUI and weed...Hmmm what does that look like when a OSU fan trashes a kid Michigan takes who was found NOT Gulity.

My bad I guess it isn't Thug U...Just Hypocrite U.

Last edited by Goober Man : 02-04-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://mgoblog.com/content/demar-dorsey-and-drew-sharp
Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no school in the big ten is "thug u." Ohio State's team GPA is over 3.0 every year under Tressel. Every school has kids who get in trouble with the law. Not every school robs Dillard's during their off time or picks fights starting huge brawls with the other team in the 4th quarter.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober Man View Post
So tell me how many arrests have been made to OSU players? Thanks for being totally dense to my statement.

Jamaal Berry, Alex Boone..A numerous other players arrested for DUI and weed...Hmmm what does that look like when a OSU fan trashes a kid Michigan takes who was found NOT Gulity.

My bad I guess it isn't Thug U...Just Hypocrite U.
I guess you just have a different definition of thug than I do. Mine is actual thugs....yours, who knows.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Goober Man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
I guess you just have a different definition of thug than I do. Mine is actual thugs....yours, who knows.
So thugs are the ones that aren't found gutily? Sure if you say so.