Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Mack Brown sign Mack Brown? I'm hearing Mack Brown is very interested in Florida.

This is going to get confusing.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, yeah.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Chris Dunkley
WR Kadron Boone
OLB Gerald Chrisitan
OL Brent Benedict
DE BJ Butler
LB Jordan Haden
LB Gideon Ajagbe
LB Tyrone Cornelius

Early Gator leans from what I hear.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State offers Nick Montana (son of Joe).

He currently has offers from OSU, LSU, Stanford, South Carolina, and Arizona.

I imagine he's probably waiting on Notre Dame, USC, or UCLA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

you would say that but he is REALLY high on lsu, i think he goes there

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dont think USC will offer him at all. If USC goes after a QB this year, It'll probably be Pete Thomas, but I doubt he goes to USC.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKing007 View Post

LB Jordan Hicks - West Chester, OH

Has apparently been a Texas fan his whole life (weird considering where he lives). We tried to get him in this weekend but he will have to reschedule.
He's from the southeast originally, moved to Ohio at some point. He has an insane offer list so far.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hear Joe M. has a beef with Charlie Weis, Notre Dame isn't a slam dunk at all for his kid I don't think. I know he likes LSU and Joe loves Jim Tressel too. He couldn't go wrong with a Stanford education.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
WR Chris Dunkley
WR Kadron Boone
OLB Gerald Chrisitan
OL Brent Benedict
DE BJ Butler
LB Jordan Haden
LB Gideon Ajagbe
LB Tyrone Cornelius

Early Gator leans from what I hear.
Ive heard from multiple places that little Haden is a BC lean.

Ive heard Dunkley is all about FSU.

And Uve heard Gerald Christian is 50/50 Miami or UF.

Outside of those 3, the rest seem spot on.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I hear Joe M. has a beef with Charlie Weis, Notre Dame isn't a slam dunk at all for his kid I don't think. I know he likes LSU and Joe loves Jim Tressel too. He couldn't go wrong with a Stanford education.
meh i dont think the beef betwween joe and charlie is that bad considering his older son already is at nd (as a walk on though)

Saints 2014 draft

Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Ive heard from multiple places that little Haden is a BC lean.

Ive heard Dunkley is all about FSU.

And Uve heard Gerald Christian is 50/50 Miami or UF.

Outside of those 3, the rest seem spot on.
Christian told Rivals Florida is alone at the top, plus he plays with Matt Elam.

I'm the most confident about him of that group.

I think Haden is expendable with all of the other OLB's we're probably picking up, so the possible/existing depth probably is scaring him off. I know nothing about Dunkley, however.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

@JoeyJr09 what can you tell me about Lo Wood. Apparently he is higher on ND than I at least expected and although I do not expect him I heard that ND is in it which is suprising considering his mothers employement by miami and his high school.

Saints 2014 draft

Old 02-05-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Christian told Rivals Florida is alone at the top, plus he plays with Matt Elam.

I'm the most confident about him of that group.

I think Haden is expendable with all of the other OLB's we're probably picking up, so the possible/existing depth probably is scaring him off. I know nothing about Dunkley, however.
I wouldnt be.

He is telling us differently.

That will be one of the bigger Miami/UF battles of this class.

Besides what does him playing with Elam have to do with it? Debose left his teammates. The whole teammate thing is overblown unless its the homeschool after them..

Dwyer isnt a UF homeschool.

Christian, Nix, McCartney. Gonna be some fun battles between us this year.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
I wouldnt be.

He is telling us differently.

That will be one of the bigger Miami/UF battles of this class.

Besides what does him playing with Elam have to do with it? Debose left his teammates. The whole teammate thing is overblown unless its the homeschool after them..

Dwyer isnt a UF homeschool.

Christian, Nix, McCartney. Gonna be some fun battles between us this year.
Ah, just going off what I know. I just thought that the Elam thing might help... I think the Sanford boys wanted to consider the same schools, but pick the best ones for themselves.

Anyway, the three you listed will be good to watch. Especially Nix - he likes you guys, but he'll have tons of Gator pressure.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

BTW...why do you say depth is saying off Haden? Aybe he just likes the idea of playing with his other brother more?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
BTW...why do you say depth is saying off Haden? Aybe he just likes the idea of playing with his other brother more?
I just mean it could scare him off a little. Not entirely.

I would rather play with the BEST brother ;)

Obviously playing time isn't everyone's thing, but look at a guy like Sam Barrington.

He would never have gone to USF if not for Miami's depth.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Lo Wood i far from my area.

Dont know much.

Seems like just another guy to me.

seems like he should be rated in the 5.7 or 5.8 range. High 3, low 4 star
Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Lo Wood i far from my area.

Dont know much.

Seems like just another guy to me.

seems like he should be rated in the 5.7 or 5.8 range. High 3, low 4 star
fair enough, suprised that nd offered him this early then (considering that (almost) every other guy we have offered is either a four to five star or a four star local (a fluid definition we have here for local)

Saints 2014 draft

Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Post this in the Canes thread but seeing as we are talking 2010 now, I'll post it here too for conversation sake. Commits in bold.

Easy Targets:

WR- Quentin Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
WR- Willis Wright, Miami Springs (FL) Miami Springs
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (WL250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aqunias
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
OL- Jacob Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage
DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Lyndon Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
WR- Michaelee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern
ATH- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
K- Jose Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Will need some work:
RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (WL250)
OL-Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (WL250) 5* Candidate
LB- LeNerick Reddick, Miami (FL) Miami Central
CB- Cody Riggs, Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
S- Demeterius Pettaway, Homestead (FL) Homestead
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (WL250)
DL- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St. John’s Prep (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (WL250) 5* Candidate
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

Highest Priority:
QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Miami (FL) Southwest (WL250) 5* Candidate
OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (WL250) 5* Candidate
TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (WL250)

Longshots:
RB- Corvin Lamb, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250)
WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (WL250)
WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA)Gainesville HS
OL- Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Cathloic
LB- Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades (WL250)
LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell
LB- Khairi Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford (WL250)
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (WL250)

You guys need to step your game up. I've had a solid list of 2010 options for a week already. ;)
For easy targets I would add OL Jon Ragoo, CB Ravonne Carter,CB Richard Leonnard, and RB Hosey Williams. What do u guys think our chances are with Joyner?

Dior Mathis and Alec Olgtree are heavy Miami leans. Also I heard 3 St. Thomas players are about to commit. Any 1 think we can get sum early.

WR Keiwone Malone is a Mia lean, but I dont think we offered yet.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good is Will Smith' son?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

LOL, ESPN just called Urban "The King of College Football"... even as a Florida fan that's funny.

They did get one thing right - this will start an epic UT/UF recruiting battle and these two guys are going to use some downright dirty tactics against each other.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How good is Will Smith' son?
Well, besides the fact that he opted to stay on JV when he could have moved up, I guess he's ok. Seems to be a bit more concerned on his image then playing D1 ball.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
fair enough, suprised that nd offered him this early then (considering that (almost) every other guy we have offered is either a four to five star or a four star local (a fluid definition we have here for local)
Almost everyone I have read seems to think Lo is a strong Michigan lean.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
For easy targets I would add OL Jon Ragoo, CB Ravonne Carter,CB Richard Leonnard, and RB Hosey Williams. What do u guys think our chances are with Joyner?

Dior Mathis and Alec Olgtree are heavy Miami leans. Also I heard 3 St. Thomas players are about to commit. Any 1 think we can get sum early.

WR Keiwone Malone is a Mia lean, but I dont think we offered yet.
Mathis and Olgetree are not Miami leans.

Mathis is seen as a backup plan from what I can gather and he's more likely to stay with his teammates at Michigan then to come down to Miami.

Olgetree I've seen linked heavily with UGA.

Hosey Williams isn't gonna get an offer from us and is very low on the list of RBs we are after. No sense in even putting him on the list.

3 St. Thomas players about to commit? The only 3 we are after are Linder, Bernard and Riggs. Considering Riggs and Bernard don't have offers, would be pretty hard for them to commit. Riggs is still being evaluated and Bernard is a backup plan.

Richard Leonard could be added as a potential target for us I suppose.

I've never heard Ragoo or Carter linked to us in any way shape or form and right now are not BCS caliber players.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tai-Ler Jones would be a legacy recruit for ND, so they def have an in with him

on the subject of in-state classes, NC was really weak in 08, better in 09 and 2010 looks damn strong. You gotta wonder if EVERY state looking better this year might just be early hype, though
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote