Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Dude, we get it. You want to blow Nick Acree. Awesome. Move on.
Have you never been in love, man? It's not that easy to just 'move on'.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UM fans ***** about Chandler and Nix, I make one post about Acree and I get that.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
UM fans ***** about Chandler and Nix, I make one post about Acree and I get that.

Half of your posts in this thread about Acree.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apprently acree looks like tarzan, plays like jane

said he doesnt dominate like he should

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only Rivals guy who has seen Acree is Barry. And he was making childish comments with a subscriber.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Nic Acree will be a future hall of fame, sack record breaker, and will lead Virginia Tech to back to back to back to back to back national championships. He'll be so good that the NCAA will grant him a fifth year of eligibility for no reason other than he plays for Virginia Tech and is a God among mere mortals.

It is clear you are not a believer in the messiah. That's OK, not everyone can be convinced.
Are you sure your talking about Nick Acree?

Sounds like you got him confused with Tim Tebow.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa sits well with Seantrel.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
I really hope he comes to Miami but he said last week that Fla leads. He was at Spring practice and said even tho he liked what he saw he is a Gator lean until he goes their and compares the 2. I know I heard his parents want him to go to Fla cus their family was real close to Brian Patas. They moved from Miami because of the crime. My dream wud be to get Jeff Luc, Alec Ogletree and William Gholston as our LB's this year.
I read that article.

I think you misunderstood him.

He didn't say Florida led. He said he wasn't ready to name a leader until he visit Florida and had something to compare Miami to. Like I said earlier, Miami has been his only visit.

Don't buy into this his family moved because of crime BS. 1st, that is being blown overboard. They didn't move because of crime or because of Pata. They moved for various reasons including the cost of living in Miami and the quality of family life (school, raising your kids and other aspects) that is better at places outside of the city atmosphere.

People try to talk like Pata died and his family was so shook up that they left their home. That is not the case at all.

And all this isn't taking into account that Coral Gables isn't Miami. This isn't Liberty City where the kid grew up. It's one of the nicest areas in the entire county. This will be a battle for sure but the kid wants to be at Miami and getting his parents onto Campus and visiting with Randy will go a long way here.

No reason to think we can't pull this one off.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Are you sure your talking about Nick Acree?

Sounds like you got him confused with Tim Tebow.
No, no, no. See, Nick Acree is being hyped up as the messiah.

Tim Tebow IS the messiah.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

And FWIW,

I'd like to back what Farrell was saying on the Rivals board.

Acree is getting his ranking based on pictures and training camp hype. There isn't a single film of his that I've seen that is even remotely impressive. If the kid looked like your regular HS dough boy, he'd be a 2* based on his tape.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

But he doesn't. He looks impressive, tests impressive, and camped impressive. Players have been top 100 for those three things alone.

I don't mind much, he's still my top player in Virginia. Still going to dominate.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And all this isn't taking into account that Coral Gables isn't Miami. This isn't Liberty City where the kid grew up. It's one of the nicest areas in the entire county.
Yes but you know C.U.M. will be in his (and his parents) ear 24/7 about how Coral Gables is Liberty City.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yes but you know C.U.M. will be in his (and his parents) ear 24/7 about how Coral Gables is Liberty City.
And if it works? Miami can use the same slimy tactics, they aren't illegal. I understand that Urban used some really sleazy moves, but nobody should act like they can't do the same.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
And if it works? Miami can use the same slimy tactics, they aren't illegal. I understand that Urban used some really sleazy moves, but nobody should act like they can't do the same.
Yes anybody can use the same sleazy tactics Meyer uses, you have a point. Anybody can else field a team full of thugs and criminals while spitting out the other side of your mouth about how character is the most important thing you look for in a recruit.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yes anybody can use the same sleazy tactics Meyer uses, you have a point. Anybody can else field a team full of thugs and criminals while spitting out the other side of your mouth about how character is the most important thing you look for in a recruit.
Hornsby, Rickerson, and Newton were kicked off immediately. Carl Johnson's charges were dropped. There are no criminals on this team. That's what I care about.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
I really hope he comes to Miami but he said last week that Fla leads. He was at Spring practice and said even tho he liked what he saw he is a Gator lean until he goes their and compares the 2. I know I heard his parents want him to go to Fla cus their family was real close to Brian Patas. They moved from Miami because of the crime. My dream wud be to get Jeff Luc, Alec Ogletree and William Gholston as our LB's this year.
William Gholston wouldn't play LB for us, he'd be a TE.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I read that article.

I think you misunderstood him.

He didn't say Florida led. He said he wasn't ready to name a leader until he visit Florida and had something to compare Miami to. Like I said earlier, Miami has been his only visit.

Don't buy into this his family moved because of crime BS. 1st, that is being blown overboard. They didn't move because of crime or because of Pata. They moved for various reasons including the cost of living in Miami and the quality of family life (school, raising your kids and other aspects) that is better at places outside of the city atmosphere.

People try to talk like Pata died and his family was so shook up that they left their home. That is not the case at all.

And all this isn't taking into account that Coral Gables isn't Miami. This isn't Liberty City where the kid grew up. It's one of the nicest areas in the entire county. This will be a battle for sure but the kid wants to be at Miami and getting his parents onto Campus and visiting with Randy will go a long way here.

No reason to think we can't pull this one off.
Wow ! You always seem to have the inside info. Do you ever get anything wrong ? I'm impressed ! How did you get so much info at such a young age ?
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
William Gholston wouldn't play LB for us, he'd be a TE.
Doesn't matter. He aint coming here.

I'd be happy with Ogletree, Luc and Gaitor.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
But he doesn't. He looks impressive, tests impressive, and camped impressive. Players have been top 100 for those three things alone.

I don't mind much, he's still my top player in Virginia. Still going to dominate.
According to Farrell, he doesn't.

Says he did well at the camp only because there were zero elite DTs at that camp to compare him to. He also says the kid didn't win Camp MVP according to Rivals.

Kid can do no wrong. He's never done anything against any sort of decent competition and yet you still say hes "going to dominate".

Kids that look like him need to be dominating in HS. The fact that he doesn't speaks volumes.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey, can you tell me about Brent Benedict? Penn State offered and I am wondering if we have a shot with him.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Joey, can you tell me about Brent Benedict? Penn State offered and I am wondering if we have a shot with him.
he came on a ND radio show last week and it was basicly that he would go ND or stay instate.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ditto what wicket said. Heard it's either FSU, UF or ND.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
According to Farrell, he doesn't.

Says he did well at the camp only because there were zero elite DTs at that camp to compare him to. He also says the kid didn't win Camp MVP according to Rivals.

Kid can do no wrong. He's never done anything against any sort of decent competition and yet you still say hes "going to dominate".

Kids that look like him need to be dominating in HS. The fact that he doesn't speaks volumes.
Downtalk my guy, while the guy you said would be top 10 isn't top 100 either.

And you are wrong.

1. Test impressively. Bench, squat, 40, height, weight. Yes those are impressive.

2. Camp, umm yes. He was first team on the camp you are speaking about, and was camp MVP at another camp, noone ever said he was the UAAA MVP.

3. Wait and see. His talent and want with our coaching is near a guarenteed success. Players like Carlton Powell, Barry Booker, Cordarrow Thompson, and John Graves have been excellent for us and they don't/ didn't have half the talent of Acree. If Acree was lazy I may agree, but he's not. He will dominate.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Downtalk my guy, while the guy you said would be top 10 isn't top 100 either.

And you are wrong.

1. Test impressively. Bench, squat, 40, height, weight. Yes those are impressive.

2. Camp, umm yes. He was first team on the camp you are speaking about, and was camp MVP at another camp, noone ever said he was the UAAA MVP.

3. Wait and see. His talent and want with our coaching is near a guarenteed success. Players like Carlton Powell, Barry Booker, Cordarrow Thompson, and John Graves have been excellent for us and they don't/ didn't have half the talent of Acree. If Acree was lazy I may agree, but he's not. He will dominate.
Back to ignoring the topic and bashing Miami.

Ignore!

Maturity helps dude really. It's perfectly alright for us to have a discussion about your prospect that you brought up without you having to trash Miami because you don't like my opinion (that has been shared by many) on your guy.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. Wait and see. His talent and want with our coaching is near a guarenteed success. Players like Carlton Powell, Barry Booker, Cordarrow Thompson, and John Graves have been excellent for us
Who? And while we're on the topic, who's the last VT DT to do anything?

Guaranteed success...Christ, you're annoying with your homerism.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote