Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
UW?

I think if the Dawgs do ok 7 or 8 wins, he'll go to washington. If they suck I think he'll go to either...

ND
LSU
Ore. St
Hell no he will not go to ND or LSU. Its going to be:
UW
BYU
USC
thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Hell no he will not go to ND or LSU. Its going to be:
UW
BYU
USC
thats it.
He's not going to USC, I dont even think he listed USC in his top ten. Ore st, UCLA, CAL, and UW where his Pac-10 schools I believe. He really likes ND,BYU, and LSU.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I really like Kyle Prater, but I think he is a tight end in college. He has the frame to be one, but isn't very fast. If he isn't a real tight end, HBack seems to be his niche.
did you see him at the Army Junior combine? TE? I don't think so man... he was uncoverable.

I'm gonna have to go see him play this year. My former High School is in the same conference as Proviso West... i just hope it isn't at Proviso... because i don't want to go there. Granted at least it isn't Proviso East...

Those of you from the Western Chicago Suburbs will know what I'm talking about... the rest of you... well you get the picture anyway.

Proviso East vs. Proviso West (not sure if they play each other, I'm assuming they do) would be a great game to go see... Corey Cooper vs. Kyle Prater. Good matchup.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
did you see him at the Army Junior combine? TE? I don't think so man... he was uncoverable.

I'm gonna have to go see him play this year. My former High School is in the same conference as Proviso West... i just hope it isn't at Proviso... because i don't want to go there. Granted at least it isn't Proviso East...

Those of you from the Western Chicago Suburbs will know what I'm talking about... the rest of you... well you get the picture anyway.

Proviso East vs. Proviso West (not sure if they play each other, I'm assuming they do) would be a great game to go see... Corey Cooper vs. Kyle Prater. Good matchup.
I loved his highlight film, but I do not think he will be fast enough to play WR in college. Maybe he does get faster, but he just screams tight end to me for some reason. I wouldn't mind him on Penn State though.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not going to USC, I dont even think he listed USC in his top ten. Ore st, UCLA, CAL, and UW where his Pac-10 schools I believe. He really likes ND,BYU, and LSU.
i pray every night he goes to UW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
Why are you being smart with me ?
Must be a new guy.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just getting the subscription for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Must be a new guy.

He doesn't know about "Joey being Joey", lol;)
Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I loved his highlight film, but I do not think he will be fast enough to play WR in college. Maybe he does get faster, but he just screams tight end to me for some reason. I wouldn't mind him on Penn State though.
eh, i definitely think he's fast enough for WR in college... You don't have to be extremely fast to play WR in college. In the pros? maybe... but I think he'll be among the top WRs next year.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
eh, i definitely think he's fast enough for WR in college... You don't have to be extremely fast to play WR in college. In the pros? maybe... but I think he'll be among the top WRs next year.
Same deal with Logan Thomas. Though Thomas won't have problems getting deep.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
i pray every night he goes to UW.
I think you guys have the best shot if you do alright (bowl maybe). Even thought he said nobody was the favorite in his top 10, I feel ND is lurking in the top 3.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is true and I do think he will be a 4 star on both sites, but that still doesn't change my mind about him growing into a TE. A very long strider.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Ragoo, one of the top offensive linemen in the Class of 2010 and a huge one at that already measuring 6-foot-7 and 310 pounds, was walking around the Boyd Anderson gym during Pace’s basketball game against Boyd Anderson with a University of Miami sweatshirt on.

“It’s just a Christmas present from my mom. She was just saying that she likes the UM. We went the game and they treated her right so she just wanted me to put it on and see how it feels. I like it a lot,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo has received offers from UM and LSU, but his mom is clearly a proponent of Miami.

“She likes UM, but she wants me to think about my academics and the atmosphere of the school, but UM has all of the things that I want to do in school and it’s a school that I am really looking into,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo said that he grew up a Miami fan and later on became a Miami/Florida fan because his cousin played at Florida while he was growing up, but his loyalty seems to reside more with the ‘Canes.

“I grew up a UM fan, then later a UM fan slash UF fan cause my cousin played for UF, Teako Brown. He used to play strong safety,” Ragoo. insidetheu.com

Ravonne Carter said he grew up a fan of the University of Miami.

"I want to be there," Carter said. "I like Miami. I like the atmosphere, the players, and the speed. I just want to be a part of it. I want to win a championship at the University of Miami, get drafted, the whole thing."

Carter is also a track standout in the 300 meter hurdles (51.95), 400 meter hurdles (57.38), and the long jump (14-3). insidetheu.com
- Regarding Ragoo and Carter: Kids say this all the time. I'm telling you, no one around Miami has heard anything about these kids.Did you not read the article yesterday about kids going around saying they were offered by Miami to get their name out there but in reality they were never offered? Neither of these kids are top targets right now. Like I said, they don't look like BCS prospects.

-Regarding Olgetree: He was a fan of Miami big deal. Would you like me to name the amount of kids that are Miami fans but didn't sign here? He is NOT a Miami lean. I bet I could dig up him saying similar quotes about just about every team that offered him.

- Regarding Mathis: He was offered but he is being looked at by the coaches as a backup plan. We have bigger targets (i.e. Joyner and Marshall) on the board 1st. The article you posted on Mathis is extremely old and he never committed and doesn't have a commitable offer. He is extremely likely to end up at Michigan with his teammates.

-Regarding Leonard from Killian: Should have been on the board. Hes a target and should be an easy get because of his school and his friendship with Lamar Miller.

- Regarding the 3 STA kids close to committing. Not gonna happen right now. Dior Mathis was gonna commit on Sept 1st remember? We don't have 3 STA kids locked up. We have maybe 1. We could get all 3 prospects but it aint happening soon. We would need alot of chips to fall (not all good) in order to land all 3.

Did I miss anything else?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
He doesn't know about "Joey being Joey", lol;)
Catchy. I like it.

Over/Under on me being hated on here as much as Manny is in Boston?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Catchy. I like it.

Under. Most of the real Sox fans appreciate Manny, we're just kind of sour to his success elswhere and what he pulled to get out. If he were more direct and respectful it wouldn't have been an issue.

Believe me, if he wanted to come back, there would be riots in the street if Theo didn't pull the trigger.

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a slightly overly-cocky Miami fan.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Under. Most of the real Sox fans appreciate Manny, we're just kind of sour to his success elswhere and what he pulled to get out. If he were more direct and respectful it wouldn't have been an issue.

Believe me, if he wanted to come back, there would be riots in the street if Theo didn't pull the trigger.

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a very overly-cocky Miami fan.
Fixed it for you.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fixed it for you.
Well I wasn't trying to start anything, so I made a slight modification in my real beliefs...

But yeah, you did fix it. ;)
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Catchy. I like it.

I was thinking about Manny when he was in Boston winning championships, not current manny. He pissed off the fans all the time...but they didn't care, because he's manny.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
- Regarding Ragoo and Carter: Kids say this all the time. I'm telling you, no one around Miami has heard anything about these kids.Did you not read the article yesterday about kids going around saying they were offered by Miami to get their name out there but in reality they were never offered? Neither of these kids are top targets right now. Like I said, they don't look like BCS prospects.

-Regarding Olgetree: He was a fan of Miami big deal. Would you like me to name the amount of kids that are Miami fans but didn't sign here? He is NOT a Miami lean. I bet I could dig up him saying similar quotes about just about every team that offered him.

- Regarding Mathis: He was offered but he is being looked at by the coaches as a backup plan. We have bigger targets (i.e. Joyner and Marshall) on the board 1st. The article you posted on Mathis is extremely old and he never committed and doesn't have a commitable offer. He is extremely likely to end up at Michigan with his teammates.

-Regarding Leonard from Killian: Should have been on the board. Hes a target and should be an easy get because of his school and his friendship with Lamar Miller.

- Regarding the 3 STA kids close to committing. Not gonna happen right now. Dior Mathis was gonna commit on Sept 1st remember? We don't have 3 STA kids locked up. We have maybe 1. We could get all 3 prospects but it aint happening soon. We would need alot of chips to fall (not all good) in order to land all 3.

Did I miss anything else?
Yea Keiwone Malone.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Well I wasn't trying to start anything, so I made a slight modification in my real beliefs...

But yeah, you did fix it. ;)
No problem.

What kinda of Miami fan would I be if I wasnt brash, cocky and hated by everyone?
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

This is sorta off-topic, but why are there so many Miami fans here, I see a new one every couple of days....It's quite sickening.
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

And like I said before I dont get caught up on were kids dream of playing. I thought he might of been a Miami lean after that and seeing on scout.

http://scoutcombines.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=3725155
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Latwan Anderson is a kid that I would LOVE seeing play safety for Michigan. Heard he is wide open at this point and Michigan just offered. Many expect him to drag this process out for a while. He is about as fast on tape as you can get. Kid is a ball hawk and destroys anything in his vicinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
This is sorta off-topic, but why are there so many Miami fans here, I see a new one every couple of days....It's quite sickening.
Happens all the time.

There are hardcore fans like myself, DJP, etk, Hollywood so on and so forth and then there are the ones that come out of the woodwork when we are getting ready to make another run at the top.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
And like I said before I dont get caught up on were kids dream of playing. I thought he might of been a Miami lean after that and seeing on scout.

http://scoutcombines.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=3725155
I like the kid and I'd love to have him and there's def interest. Dont get me wrong on that. We just arent the frontrunners. UGA is and they will be tough to beat.

FWIW don't put much stock into those profile things. Half the time they cant even get the offer list right much less the interest level.