Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Under. Most of the real Sox fans appreciate Manny, we're just kind of sour to his success elswhere and what he pulled to get out. If he were more direct and respectful it wouldn't have been an issue.

Believe me, if he wanted to come back, there would be riots in the street if Theo didn't pull the trigger.

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a slightly overly-cocky Miami fan.
So I read you're from North Carolina, and your fav teams are the Gators and Red Sox.. what are your other favorite teams?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
So I read you're from North Carolina, and your fav teams are the Gators and Red Sox.. what are your other favorite teams?
Celtics and red wings, lol.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
This is sorta off-topic, but why are there so many Miami fans here, I see a new one every couple of days....It's quite sickening.
Yeeeaaaa. Were everywhere. Were like coakroches.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

all the way to top..... The U!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QzUDdiRCkM
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
I like the kid and I'd love to have him and there's def interest. Dont get me wrong on that. We just arent the frontrunners. UGA is and they will be tough to beat.

FWIW don't put much stock into those profile things. Half the time they cant even get the offer list right much less the interest level.
Thats true. I think hel make that move to LB and we need him. What kind of chance do u think we have at Joyner. I really hope we get him, he's a Miami type of player. Hes got the swag.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Thats true. I think hel make that move to LB and we need him. What kind of chance do u think we have at Joyner. I really hope we get him, he's a Miami type of player. Hes got the swag.
Odds just swung in our favor. Hes transferring to Columbus with Jahkari Gore.

He says he wants to leave home and if not for that he'd have already committed to us.

With Gore in his ear all year and being at a big pipeline for us, I fully expect us to be able to land him.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

I know I've said it and he's been brought up a few times but god I love Jake Heaps. <3 As a Washington fan not really anyone else I can talk or hope about getting right now :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Odds just swung in our favor. Hes transferring to Columbus with Jahkari Gore.

He says he wants to leave home and if not for that he'd have already committed to us.

With Gore in his ear all year and being at a big pipeline for us, I fully expect us to be able to land him.
Wait, Joyner is transferring to Columbus??? I know the MNW rumors were strong for awhile there, first I heard about Columbus, is it a done deal? Awesome if so. I love having a future first team AA DB playing alongside a Cane Legacy in Miami. No freakin' way he goes away to Hicksville or Tally, I don't care what he says right now or who he is a fan of.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say ND has a pretty good shot at heaps, CW has been working him for about a year now and he will come in a quite pretty situation for a qb to come into with no qb being in the class above him. Also us getting Teo is a good thing for that since they are both lds. I really have good hopes he comes from the spring visit impressed. We will know it in the summer at the latest either way.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Washington misses on Heaps.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Sarkisian hire really helped Washington's chances with him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
meh i dont think the beef betwween joe and charlie is that bad considering his older son already is at nd (as a walk on though)
I heard a quote from Montana saying Nick wil "not play at ND under Coach Weis".
Old 02-06-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I kin haz link?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Hard to believe seeing as one of his sons is on the ND football team, Joe is at a lot of ND games, and just a few months ago he came out in support of Charlie when people were calling for his head.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida guys;

Any thoughts on Casey Turner RB and Calvin Smith DT? We are sitting well with both from what I understand.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Florida guys;

Any thoughts on Casey Turner RB and Calvin Smith DT? We are sitting well with both from what I understand.
Calvin Smith is a prett decent prospect. Should end up being a solid 4 star guy.

I know we are not gonna have a problem landing his teammate Lemonier. Smith wants to come here 2 but you guys are strongly in the mix as well because of Luiget.

Good news for you guys is we already have 2 of the top 5 DTs in the nation committed and weve heard good things about DT/OT Tavadis Glenn and we are in on DT Ego Ferguson as well.

If for some reason we miss on Glenn and Ego or Nix decommits (non of that seems likely ATM but still a ways to go) then we will focus on Smith, but right now hes getting talk as a backup plan and we are on him to help with Lemonier as well but its not looking like we will really need/want Smith in this class which will leave him yours for the taking.

Rite now Im expecting Smith to land with u but things could change from our side down the road.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey, what florida guys do you think ND has a good shot at, we offered a few but outside of linder (where we have a decent shot at) i havent got a clue where we standing with guys we have or have not offered?

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wishlist for 2010:

Brandon Brown, LB
Another Corona Centenial player and after having 6 of them on the roster, I can only hope we get another stud LB.

Marquis Flowers, S
He has amazing combine numbers and also performs well. He will most likely be the #1 prospect in AZ and one of his good friends is on ASU's team already. IMO, this is a must get to make this a quality class.

Nick Rowland, OG
Most likely the #2 AZ recruit, he took a few unofficial visits to Arizona last year, but was really excited when we offered him. Rowland will end up being a huge recruiting battle between Arizona and ASU.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Joey, what florida guys do you think ND has a good shot at, we offered a few but outside of linder (where we have a decent shot at) i havent got a clue where we standing with guys we have or have not offered?
If you give me a list of ones youve offered I could let you know.

But I havent really heard u connected to anyone.

Linder has been wrapped for u for awhile now according to a few people.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Alabama picks up 4-star Memphis WR/DB Keiwon Malone. So much for Kiffen locking down Memphis.

Bama on the way to a third straight recruiting championship
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
Alabama picks up 4-star Memphis WR/DB Keiwon Malone. So much for Kiffen locking down Memphis.

Bama on the way to a third straight recruiting championship
not that difficult when you take 30 guys each year.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many qualify and make the team?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know anything about Gaithersburg S Axel Ofori? I only ask because it's where I went to high school. Rivals lists him at 5'10" 180 lbs and running a 4.46 40 yard dash with a 250 max bench right now.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Don't hate on our championship. Notre Dame fans should just not talk period.
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
How many qualify and make the team?
well with bama not 30 im sure about that cause then they would've hit that 85 schollie wall by know, the adjusted rankings are published but receive almost no attention. ND won all the adjusted rankings last year since they almost never lose anyone.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin