Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
But they won't pay top dollar and I don't expect Peppers to take a big discount. I'd love to see him get a shot under BB but I doubt they make a big push for one of the most expensive FA's to hit the market. If he's tagged you can completely forget about him. No way in hell NE pays his high dollar contract and gives up picks for him.
After cutting seymour and basically every veteran to get young on D, I'd rather just try to get some top notch pass rushers in the draft rather then get a guy for what two years most? Keep the youth movement going, I'd love for us to become a defensive team again :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
After cutting seymour and basically every veteran to get young on D, I'd rather just try to get some top notch pass rushers in the draft rather then get a guy for what two years most? Keep the youth movement going, I'd love for us to become a defensive team again :)
I'm with you, but if we can have both that would be even better. Which is why I say don't spend picks on Pep, but if we can get him and some young guys then let them learn from him that would be the best of both worlds.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Peppers thing died when this season started. Can't see us paying him open market dollar for him, nor should we.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There aren't a lot of unrestricted FAs this year, so I'm interested in hearing who you think is in/out this offseason. Here's my list:

OUT:
Adalius Thomas
Jarvis Green
Stephen Neal (retirement)
Chris Hanson
Pierre Woods
Leigh Bodden (I think he wants to get paid)

I'm sure there are a few others I forgot about. Matt Light is also a candidate to get cut/traded.

IN:
Willie Parker
Dunta Robinson
Jason Taylor (just read something about today, wouldn't surprise me at all)
(Anquan Boldin - some rumors about giving up a second rounder for him straight up)

I don't think they'll pursue Dansby due to the hefty pricetag he'll likely have.

Who do you think is in/out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like for us to keep J.Green, P.Woods (depth-rotational role) and Hanson.
I like Bodden as well but not willing to pay big for him so I'm with you.
S.Springs is likely to retire this year as well... I read somewhere

I'd love for us to get D.Robinson. Don't care for J.Taylor. He didn't impress this year.
Willie Parker would be nice but we have enough injury prone RBs on the roster
Q is another player who would excell in our system but again- he's 30 and injury prone.
I guess I'd be okay with us giving up our last pick in the 2nd for him but even then I'd be scared about the injuries.
He's one tough SOB and I'd love to have him in the red white/silver and blue

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Woods, Green and Bodden signed. I don't think Bodden will be commanding a huge salary so he's a good candidate for an extension. He will be an interesting guy to watch simply because he and Dunta are the only top flight CB FAs - but neither were so great that they will be offered massive contracts. I really hope we resign him b/c another rookie CB is not what we need right now.

Willie Parker . . . no thanks. I'd rather see Morris or Fragile Fred resigned over Parker. Personally, I'd like to see the Pats make a serious run at Chester Taylor. He'd be perfect in our offense. Thomas Jones would be a nice addition, too. Any of those 4 would be better than Parker.

Boldin for a second - yes please. Injury prone but tougher than a box o' rocks. Worth the chance, I think, but the bottom line may be too much even if the draft pick value is acceptable.

Adalius is an ass. WTF was his problem anyway? Rot in hell. My only concern with him is how costly would it be to part ways? The uncapped year may be a major blessing with that a-hole.

Matt Light won't be cut. Traded . . . probably too big a salary for anyone to bite. Honestly, I think he gets a bad rap. I like him and think he and Vollmer in either combination at tackles would be solid for the remaining year on his contract. At 4.5 million I'd say he's a definite "cap casualty" in 2010 . . . except there won't be a cap so why let him go?

Jason Taylor. Hmmmm. I'd be fine with him for a year but I can't imagine he has anything left in the tank. He's not worth anywhere close to the amount he'll likely want so I doubt he's worth pursuing.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

After reading my own post I think the point needs to be made:

Cutting Light, letting Bodden go, and letting Woods go only adds to the holes we have to fill in this draft. I think it's imperative we keep the talent we have right now and add to it, rather than allowing the better talents on our roster walk. None of them are great so there shouldn't be major financial hits involved in keeping/re-signing them.

Keeping them allows us to focus on the giant holes and little chinks in the armor we have now. Losing them just makes our off-season work even tougher.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
After reading my own post I think the point needs to be made:

Cutting Light, letting Bodden go, and letting Woods go only adds to the holes we have to fill in this draft. I think it's imperative we keep the talent we have right now and add to it, rather than allowing the better talents on our roster walk. None of them are great so there shouldn't be major financial hits involved in keeping/re-signing them.

Keeping them allows us to focus on the giant holes and little chinks in the armor we have now. Losing them just makes our off-season work even tougher.

I agree with this. I don't see us cutting Light. He's better then Nick K. so a Vollmer/Light combo of some sort is best for the team.
Also, I'm not a big fan of cutting long time Pats who can still perform at starter quality.

With that said- ReSign V.Wilfork!!! I don't care what the CBA situation is. Wilfork has made it clear he wants to stay with the Pats... he's the anchor to our D... don't **** that up

Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I'm a fan of keeping Light and giving him every opportunity to keep a spot on that OL... But at the same time bring in a couple projects to work on who could be ready to step in in a year or two.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Ya, I'm a fan of keeping Light and giving him every opportunity to keep a spot on that OL... But at the same time bring in a couple projects to work on who could be ready to step in in a year or two.
we have orhnberger and bussey... (sorry about spellings)... how do they figure into our equation?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not assuming anything with those two.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
we have orhnberger and bussey... (sorry about spellings)... how do they figure into our equation?
Depth players at best. Maybe one of them starts when Neal departs. MAYBE.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2010, 03:58 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha alright. we havent heard one bit on either of them. just wanted to check in and see what was up.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I haven't heard anything either. Who know's? Maybe we have something in one of them, but we've gotten no indication that we do.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys thoughts on TO? With Welker very ify to start the season and us needing another big play guy, do you think the Pats take him on a 1 year deal? Especially if there is no cap.

I'm not totally opposed, I don't like the guy but he can play.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Better than Aiken as the outside WR, though he seems to have an increasingly high number of drops. I would love it initially but I could easily see it blowing up in our faces.

Can you imagine how big a crybaby he would become if his targets were on par with that of Dante Stallworth?

What a pain in the ass he would become . . .

But I'd still be happy with it. It would be a great stop gap move for one season so we could go for WR in the 2011 draft.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

ehh I rather not. We have Aiken developing (he made some incredible plays last year- and dropped some easy ones too though)
and we have B. Tate coming back from injury. I think he'll be a stud now that he's fully recovered

Old 01-29-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
What are your guys thoughts on TO? With Welker very ify to start the season and us needing another big play guy, do you think the Pats take him on a 1 year deal? Especially if there is no cap.

I'm not totally opposed, I don't like the guy but he can play.
Welker's not a "big play" guy... Edelman easily fills in what he does.

I don't like the idea of TO. He's a malcontent, he'll never be happy or satisfied.

They do need to bring someone in. Aiken was a last resort - he's a special teams player, and really nothing more. Tate brings a lot to the table, but is a complete unknown.

I'd like to see Damian Williams brought in. He's kind of a cross between Stallworth and Gaffney. Good hands, good route running, can get downfield, can run after the catch, and just extremely reliable vertical receiver (opposed to the Welker/Edelman role).
Old 01-29-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I think D.Williams is overrated. I think Aiken is underrated.
If we grab a WR- I'd prefer to have Benn or LaFell there.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Benn is the only guy I like, atm.

However, the reason I don't want any WR in this draft is b/c I want to see Aiken getting a shot to expand on some very nice work this year. In addition, I really want to see Tate in a larger role.

Taking a guy like TO gives us insurance against injury and poor play/development of Aiken/Tate, all while giving us the opportunity to further evaluate those 2 and pick a WR in 2011 if need be.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Aiken sucks. If he was any good, the Pats wouldn't have struggled so greatly to move the ball and score when it mattered. Aiken's 30. He's not going to "develop".

I don't get the Benn thing... The guy wasn't even the #1 WR on his college team. He had 7 TDs despite playing a lot in his 3 years at Illinois. His stats in Illinois's 3 wins this year were 4 catches for 52 yards and 1 TD (he had 2 TDs all year).
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't suggesting someone to 'replace' Welker, but rather to add another element and keep edelman in the slot where he belongs.

I think we need a guy outside, maybe Tate is it, but that is a big maybe. Like Crable was maybe the pass rush we needed.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Aiken sucks. If he was any good, the Pats wouldn't have struggled so greatly to move the ball and score when it mattered. Aiken's 30. He's not going to "develop".

I don't get the Benn thing... The guy wasn't even the #1 WR on his college team. He had 7 TDs despite playing a lot in his 3 years at Illinois. His stats in Illinois's 3 wins this year were 4 catches for 52 yards and 1 TD (he had 2 TDs all year).
the reason why his stats werent there was because they had a quarterback he couldnt get him the ball, and his qb would tuck it and scramble alot or throw an interception. the skills are there man, i think he could be a stud.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Kareem Osgood is trying to land himself a deal with NE. :)

Besides that, he said that he would like to play for BB. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Kassim Osgood is from Boston.