Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, so the article said anyways. But Kassim? Ooops.. :) All I know about this guy is that he's one helluva special teamer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he can be our new L.Izzo aka ST's ACE and captain

I didn't know Aiken was 30... wow...

You can't knock Benn for his production- his team sucked and his QB was worse
with that said- the fact that he's still well known is bc he is very talented

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Benn. Don't love him, but I like him. He has Anquan Boldin tools(with better measurable athletic ability). Big time run after the catch guy, maybe not so polished on running routes because of rawness and coming out of the spread. Juice Williams was really weird quarterback for Illinois. Productive(mostly because of the spread), but super erratic. Can't blame Benn for not producing with him throwing the majority of the passes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benn would be a perfect fit in our receiving corps. We have the deep threat in Moss and Welker handles the short stuff, adding a big physical guy like Benn would be super.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Benn would be a perfect fit in our receiving corps. We have the deep threat in Moss and Welker handles the short stuff, adding a big physical guy like Benn would be super.

Exactly!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Benn. Don't love him, but I like him. He has Anquan Boldin tools(with better measurable athletic ability). Big time run after the catch guy, maybe not so polished on running routes because of rawness and coming out of the spread. Juice Williams was really weird quarterback for Illinois. Productive(mostly because of the spread), but super erratic. Can't blame Benn for not producing with him throwing the majority of the passes.
His routes are raw and his hands are terrible. Other than that, he's a stellar WR.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'll take it- mid 2nd!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'll take it- mid 2nd!
I'd rather pick up a FA WR given the Patriots currently have a good stable (if healthy) of WRs. Brandon Tate is a first round caliber WR that went in the 3rd because of his ACL tear and pot smoking. Wes Welker is the leagues best at getting open. Randy Moss is... well Randy Moss. Julian Edelman fills the gaps nicely. A guy like a Kassim Osgood would be a healthy add that would give the patriots a bit of depth at WR.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
His routes are raw and his hands are terrible. Other than that, he's a stellar WR.
He is a project but adding a WR with his skillset would be nice, we don't have anyone in that mold. Having Brady at QB with Moss and Welker would do nothing but help develop a young wideout.

By the way love the sig.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather pick up a FA WR given the Patriots currently have a good stable (if healthy) of WRs. Brandon Tate is a first round caliber WR that went in the 3rd because of his ACL tear and pot smoking. Wes Welker is the leagues best at getting open. Randy Moss is... well Randy Moss. Julian Edelman fills the gaps nicely. A guy like a Kassim Osgood would be a healthy add that would give the patriots a bit of depth at WR.
Osgood's a ST guy that can't be relied upon to be a WR. The modern era Steve Tasker (minus the kick returning). Tate hasn't shown anything other than he's injury prone. Edelman is a copy of Welker, and they can only be on the field together in limited 4 WR situations in lieu of a TE (even so, they still need a vertical WR on the outside). Aiken is the same as Osgood (but worse). The only other WR on the roster is Stanback, who I like but put no stock in.

The Pats really need to draft a high level talent at WR.

Last edited by nepg : 01-31-2010 at 06:32 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't say either of those are terrible, just unrefined. Don't think he'll ever be known for being a great hands guy, but there's nothing overtly wrong with the way he runs routes. Just doesn't get to show it off much because of the (ineffective)spread. He just hasn't been asked to do things that he'll be asked to do in the NFL, but he does have the experience playing in a shotgun type offense, which is a plus considering we go to that a lot.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2010, 06:22 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Crazy thought, Could TO (the other 81) fit as a stop gap until the Patriots find a true #2 outside WR opposite Moss? I know he may clash with Moss, but I don't think he's in any position to make big contract demands. I think he'd be cheap. And even though he had a very down year last year... it was with Captain Checkdown at QB.

I almost want to see what would happen... I just don't want to see the implosion that could happen.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Crazy thought, Could TO (the other 81) fit as a stop gap until the Patriots find a true #2 outside WR opposite Moss? I know he may clash with Moss, but I don't think he's in any position to make big contract demands. I think he'd be cheap. And even though he had a very down year last year... it was with Captain Checkdown at QB.

I almost want to see what would happen... I just don't want to see the implosion that could happen.

We brought this up in some thread in here...
I don't like the idea. To Alpha Males... I don't know if it could work.
IF it did then it'd be the greatest pairing since Rice and T.Brown
I'd rather grab Benn or LaFell if available in the 2nd

Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
IF it did then it'd be the greatest pairing since Rice and T.Brown
Maybe in the peak of their careers, but TO is a shell of himself and so is Moss really. Neither of them are the play makers they were that made their name. I think you still have to respect them both, but not like you would a Calvin Johnson (who both could easily be better than in their prime).
Old 02-03-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe in the peak of their careers, but TO is a shell of himself and so is Moss really. Neither of them are the play makers they were that made their name. I think you still have to respect them both, but not like you would a Calvin Johnson (who both could easily be better than in their prime).
Of course I meant at their primes. Rice and Brown didn't play together in their prime but still made a hell of a combo

Old 02-04-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One guy I'm beginning to hope that Patriots will sign is Kevin Walter from Houston. I think he has the tools to be a very succesfull player no matter where he is, so why not here? He has good size, good hands, runs very good routes and is hard to bring down. He could be that 3rd/4th receiver that this team is so desperately in need of. If we get him, draft a player like Benn or Briscoe then we're all set at WR imo. At least until Moss retires..

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather go after a speed guy like Floyd. I love Walter, but he's a possession type guy and we have enough of them.

Drafting a kid like Gilyard would be great for us b/c he can return kicks and burn the hell out of the sidelines while learning how to be a true NFL WR. He should be available in round 2 and if he's not showing enough to consider him a potential #1 guy down the road we can still draft a stud with a #1 next year.

[steps down from the bandwagon]

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, give me a speed receiver. We have enough position guys. There wouldn't be enough balls for anyone and our offense needs more big plays.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'm not as high on Gilyard as most people, but we already have two speed guys: Moss and Tate. Yes, Tate is somewhat of an unknown at this point, but he has speed. The big question of course is how his injury has affected this. Also, I remember Walter making some big plays down the field for the Texans, so he has some speed i guess.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'm not as high on Gilyard as most people, but we already have two speed guys: Moss and Tate. Yes, Tate is somewhat of an unknown at this point, but he has speed. The big question of course is how his injury has affected this. Also, I remember Walter making some big plays down the field for the Texans, so he has some speed i guess.
Walter makes big plays downfield but it's along the lines of Welker's big plays down the field. It's not very common, is based on great route running skills, and he's getting open b/c of the big ol' stud on the other side commanding double teams.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, let's see what we have in Edelman fist before we go out and get another possession type receiver. Walter isn't actually a pure possession receiver like Welker and Edelman is right now, he's actually pretty fast, but still, we need a more down the field type receiver.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-05-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I'm no longer allowed to mention that guy who plays for SD name I'm gonna throw one more name out as a possible trade target. What are opinions on Osi Umenyiora??? He has the athleticism and may want out of NY

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

That would be great. And thanks! lol

Unfortunately, I think the more likely scenario is a FA that doesn't cost a draft pick.

How did Osi look this year coming off his knee injury? I didn't really pay that much attention to him, despite the constant barrage of NFC East games we get here with the North East regional coverage. (thank heaven for the NFL Ticket!)

His contract isn't too bad, either. Though I'm not sure how the bonus money is handled or how much has been paid so far.

12/24/2005: Signed a six-year, $41 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $15 million guaranteed.
2009: $2.55 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus, + $31,250 per-game roster bonuses)
2010: $3.1 million (+ $1.1 million in roster bonuses)
2011: $3.125 million
2012: $3.975 million
2013: Free Agent
link

Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He definitely had a down year but that can be put on the injury and he really didn't like how he was used this year with the new coordinator. I think him coming off the edge with our d-line assuming Wilfork stays could be awesome

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I remember him being vocal about his discontent. I'd be happy with him on the Pats, pending the draft pick(s) we'd have to part with to get him.