Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-09-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read some comments from Mike Martz suggesting that Greg Olsen is going to have a reduced role in the passing game (big surprise, huh?). What do you think it would cost to trade for him? A late 2nd? He could be a very nice addition to the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Martz can still find work . . .

How stupid is it for the Bears? Chicago, where their biggest weakness is the WR spot, so his ridiculous never-run offense will have to fight through high winds, terrible WRs, a hot-head QB and completely ignore their best offensive weapon in Olsen? My prediction is that Chicago will be the source of major drama and a massive implosion in 2010. It should be train-wreck style fun. Painful to watch but you can't look away. Amusing to sick mofos (like me) in its dramatic majesty . . . .

Olsen is a stud. I'd be fine trading #44 to get him but I doubt the Bears let him go for that low a price.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure, with their lack of picks and a porous o-line the Bears may be willing to let him go for that. If they know he's not going to do
much with Martz then why keep him if they could well get a pretty good lineman or even a WR like Damien Williams at that spot?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, I would trade for Olsen if the Martz is going to be ******** about tight ends. He's just what the doctor ordered.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read something that's got me worried. The Jags released Tory Holt. You just know BB will see a veteran WR who used to be good but is passed it now and think he can get more out of him...I think something like that happened last year. What was it? Jimmy...Johnny...Jacky Giveaway??? I can't remember, turns out he didn't too do much

Old 02-11-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha... Joey Galloway.. Boy did he suck! I doubt that BB will go after Holt, but I did have the same thought when the rumors first started. Holts has been on a decline the last couple of season, I think BB knows that Holt is done.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The same thoughts crossed my mind.

To be fair, Holt is old and very slow now but he still has very sure hands. So he may not be bad in a possession type role. I wouldn't hate it but I'd rather go for younger guys, whether it's a FA player with a few years under his belt or a rookie burner.

We probably wouldn't have so much hate for Galloway if he weren't a drop machine.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I'd prefer to see B. Tate getting a good run in the team. He could at least be a nice 3rd option for one year with potential to be much more

Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The same thoughts crossed my mind.

To be fair, Holt is old and very slow now but he still has very sure hands. So he may not be bad in a possession type role. I wouldn't hate it but I'd rather go for younger guys, whether it's a FA player with a few years under his belt or a rookie burner.

We probably wouldn't have so much hate for Galloway if he weren't a drop machine.
Ya, Galloway wouldn't have dropped so many passes if he wasn't getting open so often... We couldn't complain about the guys they had when Galloway was axed because they couldn't get open to have a pass thrown to them to drop.

That outside WR is a huge spot in the offense that has to be filled. I like Tate, but I'm not putting any stock in him right now. They need to get someone out there.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I've read somewhere that the Bucs aren't going to franchise Antonio Bryant. He could be a stud opposite Moss, so I really hope that BB will at least consider him.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Bryant would be a nice addition. He offers everything we need opposite Moss.

I'm pretty torn on the WR situation. I still want to see Tate get a legitimate shot, though.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Bryant would be a nice addition. He offers everything we need opposite Moss.

I'm pretty torn on the WR situation. I still want to see Tate get a legitimate shot, though.
Hypothetically if we pick up Bryant for a year the WRs would look like Moss, Bryant, Welker(coming off a major injury) in the slot, Edelman alternating with Welker until he's fully back and playing some slot in 4 WRs. B.Tate would struggle for playing time except in 4 WR sets where BB doesnt want Welker and Edelman on the field at the same time.

If we didnt get a veteran this year the WRs could look like Moss, Aiken/Tate, Edelman(if Welker doesnt come back like he was).

I'd love Tate to get his shot because he could be whats missing but there has to be a contigency plan and if it delays his development for a year, if its for the good of the team then so be it.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'm sure that Tate will get his shot, and I'm veru potimistic about his future on this team. He could've been a first round pick if not for that injury. I am a huge Moss fan and I would love for him to play here for another 5 years or so. But I don't think it'll happen. He is about o enter his final year of his contract, and somehow I don't see BB handing out money for a 34-year old receiver next year. Just a hunch.. So signing Bryant would allow Tate to develop, and if Moss leaves we'll still have to good receiver on the outside.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4909494

Joey Porter released. He's pretty mad at the Dolphins. BB loves vets.
...is that a perfect match or what?!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4909494

Joey Porter released. He's pretty mad at the Dolphins. BB loves vets.
...is that a perfect match or what?!
No effing way. He hates the Patriots, we hate him. No deal.

Just keep on walking.. That's right....

Quote:
Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Good lord I hope Razor is right. Porter and Merriman are two guys who I would absolutely hate in NE. Being forced to cheer for either of those two douchenozzles would severly dampen my gameday enjoyment.

I think Porter will go anywhere the money is right. It very well may be nowhere, as his reputation is terrible and his play has fallen off so much that he could very well be untouchable. I forsee a 1 year deal in his future that could lead to a mid-season cut.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Antonio Pierce brought in to plug the ILB depth spot.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think Jason Taylor is a possibility? He will be a UFA.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think he's definitely a possibility if Miami decides to go completely young at OLB.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he decides not to retire, BB has shown a major interest in him in the past and he fits every single requirement BB loves in OLB's. If we do pick him up, he better not change our draft plans because what we really need on defense is promise at OLB. One year of Jason Taylor, or maybe even half a year, won't do us much good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rather have Porter or Merriman then ******* Jason Taylor. That dudes done

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter is never playing here, at least I would be shocked if he did. He hates us and we hate him, it has been that way ever since he came into the league. The Pats and Merriman have always been at odds but there is a decent shot at us making a run at him just because he is still so young and has shown that he can be a dominant player. Steroids could have been what made him that player, that or injuries have slowed him. He still looks massive so I don't know what it is. All I know is there is a chance he ends up here because he is an elite talent at our top position of need and he is only 25.

Jason Taylor is all but done, he used to be great but he has regressed.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd like to see Antonio Pierce brought in to plug the ILB depth spot.
With very little left in the tank and a serious neck injury . . . no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Anyone think Jason Taylor is a possibility? He will be a UFA.
Meh. He's done. He might flash a play here or there but I wouldn't really expect any more from him than I would from a rookie at this point. So give me the rookie.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Defsoul
Rookie

Defsoul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Resign TBC and Burgess and you have two veteran players at the OLB position. Then bring in two rookies and let Ninkovich and Crable battle it out for the fifth spot. That would be may plan.
Defsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
With very little left in the tank and a serious neck injury . . . no thanks.

Meh. He's done. He might flash a play here or there but I wouldn't really expect any more from him than I would from a rookie at this point. So give me the rookie.
They don't need someone with much left in the tank. Just a veteran stop-gap who can provide some leadership.

Last edited by nepg : 02-16-2010 at 11:48 AM.