Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-16-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, but I'm not sure how much of a stop-gap he would be. If he's really done - and that definitely appears to be the case - then he's really just leader who takes up a roster spot.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus we had our shot at Taylor last year, and I was hoping we'd grab him then but we did nothing and he signed with Miami, and to be honest, he didnt look all that good, so I'd rather go young. We made that transition last year, we might as well stick with it and hope we get some ******* OLB's in this years draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we were in on him, but he just decided to sign with Miami. I don't really like the idea, but if he were willing to play for us and the Dolphins don't come calling, I could see it happening.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-new-england/

PLEASE COME BACK, Mr. Super Bowl MVP.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. Doesn't bring anything to the offense that we already don't have.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A ring? Hands? he could at least be a stop gap for while certain wideouts heal and others learn to play in the NFL.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If BB is going to bring in a vet WR then it may as well be Branch. He won't cost as much as Antonio Bryant for example and already has a chemistry with Brady. Personally though I don't think we need a WR this year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't care for Branch one way or another.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

There's some upside to bringing in Branch, but I really don't think he'll do anything Edelman can't do next year. We don't know if the Brady chemistry is still there even. Honestly think it would be a bad thing if Branch was producing for us. That means less balls for Moss/Welker/Edelman, and I really think they'll do much more with the catches than Branch would. I'm sure we all loved him when he was here, but we have legitimate wide receivers now. The less we see of the Deion Branchs' and Reche Caldwells', the better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should try going for Boldin or Marshall imo.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
We should try going for Boldin or Marshall imo.
Great idea... as long as its in the Moss-mold type of deal

Old 02-18-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I'm really worried about is the DE position. We have nobody there and there are no prospects in the draft worth of #22.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Boldin is the more attainable. Marshall isn't going anywhere for anything less than a first round pick. Boldin is turning 30 in October, so the price won't be as steep. We'll see with him though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm not too worried about the DE position... a bit more if Green isn't resigned though
Pryor showed great potential are a rookie and I'm sure we'll draft someone who can at least be adequate.

Neal decided NOT to retire... according to Sprints NFL Mobile
I'm worried about the right side of the OLine... we need an upgrade

Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, love Neal, but ****'em. We've needed an complete right side overhaul for a long time. Vollmer is penciled in as the RT until we decide Light is no longer worth what we pay for him(Vollmer is much better at this point and will only continue to improve. Honestly thinking we're looking at a top ten NFL LT at one point). But we do need a right side upgrade. Iupati or Vlad is appealing in that light as they could start off playing RG and maybe take over RT when we get rid of Light.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stacey Andrews is expected to hit FA once the Eagles give him a "restructure or leave" ultimatum. He's 28 year old RG from a pass first offense coming off an ACL injury from 08. He had a hard time getting playing time last year and says that was because he was switched from T to G and had to learn a new system. Link

Thoughts?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrews is definitely someone I would give a lot of thought to if I were BB. He has had injury problems but is definitely talented. I could free up another draft pick to another area. Really any help we could get now is gravy

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Love Andrews, outside of the injury problems. Really good when healthy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't see Andrews fitting in here. He is a massive lineman but he is not very athletic, we usually don't have many6-7 340 linemen.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm not too worried about the DE position... a bit more if Green isn't resigned though
Pryor showed great potential are a rookie and I'm sure we'll draft someone who can at least be adequate.

Neal decided NOT to retire... according to Sprints NFL Mobile
I'm worried about the right side of the OLine... we need an upgrade
Sounds like he's leaving the Pats, though.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Meh. Doesn't bring anything to the offense that we already don't have.
I agree.

The Pats need a WR pretty badly, but Branch doesn't do anything that Edelman and Welker don't already do better.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I just can't see Andrews fitting in here. He is a massive lineman but he is not very athletic, we usually don't have many6-7 340 linemen.
This is a concern. Would be it be that big of a deal with him playing right guard? Maybe, but maybe not.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read that Vrabel is to be a free agent come march 5th. Although he is 35 years old I wouldn't mind him coming to NE. The defense needs leadership, and while he might not bring a lot to the table on the field he sure does off the field. I'm sure he would like to come back here despite being blindsided by that trade last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Think we already talked about this. Pretty sure we're done with Vrabel and he's done with us. Is he worth a roster spot? He could probably do more damage than Rob Ninkovich and Pierre Woods, but that's not saying all that much.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Sorry, Mike. We love you and all, but it's just not working out. It's not you, though. It's totally us.