Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-18-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
What I'm really worried about is the DE position. We have nobody there and there are no prospects in the draft worth of #22.
Odrick is a prototypical 5 technique. Maybe not a Richard Seymour, but even Seymour was rarely Richard Seymour. He was usually hurt.

edit: Fact no one seems to know or ever say: DL take ages to develop. The best DLmen are at the end of their first contract or later.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tackles do, most everyone knows that. Ends are impact players young.

Also, Richard Seymour only really missed major time in two seasons. Played through pain a lot, but he was always an impact player when he was on the field. So...yeah.

How is Odrick the "prototypical 5 technique?" Let's examine Scott's scouting report...

Quote:
Doesn't always play with proper leverage---Is not overly stout at the point of attack --- Feet go dead at times --- Gets neutralized by double-teams --- Has trouble getting off blocks once engaged ---

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...it-the-market/ Looks like Karlos will be hitting the market...
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll want huge money. Like him, but I can't see us giving him what he wants, with the AT wound so fresh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...r-david-patten

pats resigned david patten.

wont make the team lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Let's hope not. I love the guy but he couldn't make the Browns team featuring Mass, Robiskie and . . . ??? who else? Didn't even get a call back when they traded Edwards.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Wow. Honestly thought he had been out of football for a few years now. Don't see very much point to this at all. Granted, he won't make the team, but what's the point?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he wants to retire as a Patriot.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I guess. It's certainly not something any of us were expecting to hear haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-25-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I couldnt read the article on ESPN cause I dont have insider, but the title was Moss to cowboys, and then said Moss could be heading to the boys come this fall. I really hope this is just speculation but does anyone have insider that can shed some light on if this has any truth or just some writer hoping to make headlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So I couldnt read the article on ESPN cause I dont have insider, but the title was Moss to cowboys, and then said Moss could be heading to the boys come this fall. I really hope this is just speculation but does anyone have insider that can shed some light on if this has any truth or just some writer hoping to make headlines.
That would suck. I want to wait until 2011 to take a wideout but without Moss that becomes a glaring need. It may not happen, but I think we'd go for a vet if it does.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I hope not. I hop e we take a receiver in the second this year and Green or Jones next year in the first, since I doubt that Moss will be back.. :sad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
My trial time with insider years ago led me to believe there was nothing more substantial there that made it worth paying their fees. Considering the fact that (imo, of course) ESPN has become less and less credible over the years, I'd say it's no more or less rumor than anywhere else. Unless maybe it's Schefter reporting.

Jerry Jones is the one guy I could see parting with the big time draft spots I expect Kraft would want for Randy. We'll see, but if Moss will be shopped I hope they get it done in time to really push for a guy like Bryant or TO. Someone established would have to be brought in for at least this year, if not the next 2-3.

Nate Burleson is rumored to be heading to FA. Not that he's anywhere near Moss, but I really like him and think he would be a great addition even if Randy stays put.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 02-26-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: speling ischues
Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That's ********. ESPN throws **** out for that Insider service. It's just to generate attention. Good business model unfortunately. OMFG PEOPLE LUV PROFOOTBALLTALK SO LETS ******* DO THE SAME THINGZOMG!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...vin&id=4947420

Cowboys ESPN guy says there's no truth to it and says it doesn't make sense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-26-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha i have the insider, and it was just pure speculation. i would not worry lol

Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK so we've discussed this in passing before but it looks like Greg Olsen wants a trade out of Chicago after Martz said a TE's job should be to stay in and block. As per a Chicago beat reporter the Pats and Cardinals are interested. For a guy who was a late first rounder but hasnt reached his quite high potential should we go after him for a second?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Yes.

Though I honestly don't have any idea if he can block at all.

But still, YES!

He's an elite talent at TE, imo. He has been his whole career. His QBs, on the other had, have been total scrubs. Even Cutler sucked in his 1st year there, though I don't think that will continue.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Get Greg Olsen in right now. Fix the goal line offense instantly, upgrade everything. Please make it happen. He's absolutely worth a second round pick.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

totally agree guys

Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Scout has an insider rumor article up(take it for what it's worth) about us being in on Olsen titled "Rumor: Greg Olsen to Pats for one of their 2nd rounders". So if this is going down, honestly feel like it's us who will pull the trigger.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
OK so we've discussed this in passing before but it looks like Greg Olsen wants a trade out of Chicago after Martz said a TE's job should be to stay in and block. As per a Chicago beat reporter the Pats and Cardinals are interested. For a guy who was a late first rounder but hasnt reached his quite high potential should we go after him for a second?
Dunno about a 2nd... If they had a 3rd, that'd be the way to go. Maybe a 5th and 7th?
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Dunno about a 2nd... If they had a 3rd, that'd be the way to go. Maybe a 5th and 7th?
You don't get a tight end the caliber of Olsen for a 5th and a 7th.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That should be a no brainer, he would add a great dimension to this offense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The great part is that he would be a huge addition with upside to spare as well. He's just growing into the player he's capable of being. Honestly believe he's a potential thousand yard tight end.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-04-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is this, his third year in the league now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote