Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes - 2010 will be his 4th year.

Any one of our second rounders is fine by me. As the 31st pick in the 07 draft I wonder if a 2nd round pick would even be acceptable, though. Then again, the Bears have zero 1st or 2nds in a very deep draft so they may be willing to take the hit, especially since Olsen is as good as dead to them since he's not much of a blocker and they have Martz taking over.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have any RFA tenders been given out yet? Free Agency is like tomorrow...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. We are among the few teams that have to wait until the very last second.

We have to figure Mankins gets the highest tender, though.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of which, Mankins tendered a 1st and 3rd (probably already posted though)

Gostkowski gets a 2nd round tender and Pierre woods gets the minimum which will likely result in him leaving for another team.

Last edited by descendency : 03-04-2010 at 02:46 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

They haven't been posted in the Pats forum, actually. Link 'em if ya got 'em. Mankins, Gostkowski, Woods; top tender, second round tender and 3rd tender, respectively, right? Any others?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pierre Woods got the lowest tender, so he could be gone soon. No compensation for that tender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

The Pats can still match any offer he receives, though. I can't imagine he's going to get some bank breaking offersheet.

Not that I really care. Aside from experience in the system, he brings little to the party.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats release Chris Baker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

That is very surprising. Queue Greg Olsen speculation now that we have zero tight ends on the roster.

And say hello to a top 50 TE, y'all. There's little chance we can afford to sit back and try a guy like Pitta or Peek to come in and start as a late round pick.

Hello Jermaine Gresham.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's surprising. Liked Baker's game a lot. Not an added dimension to our offense, but he didn't hurt blocking or receiving.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
That's surprising. Liked Baker's game a lot. Not an added dimension to our offense, but he didn't hurt blocking or receiving.
It sounds like a better word for it is "stupid"
Old 03-04-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be so happy if we traded for Olsen or picked up Gresham, that would be so nice to have a legit receiving TE.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I would be so happy if we traded for Olsen or picked up Gresham, that would be so nice to have a legit receiving TE.
Question how a legit receiving tight end would work in our scheme, but now we NEED a tight end, so there's no reason not to go for Gresham or Olsen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im down for picking a top TE in our first 4 picks, as long as its not 22... ive had gresham pegged as the second pick in my mock for a while now, that release made it even more likely

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats have Marshall Plan?
3:05
PM ET
While the Patriots will remain linked to the whole Brandon Marshall fiasco, there might be another Marshall that is on their radar as well.

The Carolina Panthers placed a second round RFA tender on CB Richard Marshall this week, and that's not a huge bounty to give up in exchange for a promising young player at one of the sport's most vital positions. Albert Breer of the Boston Globe thinks that the Patriots could make a strong push for Marshall depending on the negotiations with Leigh Bodden.

---ESPN Rumors

Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I don't care who they take after Brandon Graham. If he's available, I will cry if he isn't taken. He's my #1 pass rusher from what I've seen, I was just worried he couldn't produce against the best. I've seen enough now.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
Pats have Marshall Plan?
PM ET
While the Patriots will remain linked to the whole Brandon Marshall fiasco, there might be another Marshall that is on their radar as well.

The Carolina Panthers placed a second round RFA tender on CB Richard Marshall this week, and that's not a huge bounty to give up in exchange for a promising young player at one of the sport's most vital positions. Albert Breer of the Boston Globe thinks that the Patriots could make a strong push for Marshall depending on the negotiations with Leigh Bodden.

---ESPN Rumors
This is why I hate ESPN! It's not a rumor, it's just Breer listing the possible targets on the market.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Well, that is how the rumor mill works. One guy writes an article and says the Pats were interested in the kid when he was drafted due to skill & the Fresno St. connection, then the next site says "So and so says there's interest in . . . ." and before you know it we're hot on his trail.

Breer's actual article mentions those things and discusses how the 2nd round tender seems low. Though he doesn't bother to mention that the Panthers could match any offer based on that tender, anyway. Even if Bodden leaves, there's no guarantee we could pull Marshall away from Carolina.
article link

Old 03-05-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=4967716

Bears sign Brandon Manumaleuna...could this signal Olsen being on his way out?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Update: Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reported on Friday morning via Twitter that the Eagles and Patriots have an offer on the table for Peppers, who also has an offer from the Bears under consideration. It might actually come down to which team is a better fit on the field, if the money is similar.

--ESPN

Old 03-05-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Yeah, it's pretty clear the Bears are shopping him. Manu gives them the insurance they need and the blocking TE Martz loves. Now they can move Greg without leaving a gaping hole. Though, in reality, even with Olsen on the roster they would have had a gaping hole b/c he is useless in a Martz system.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
Pats have Marshall Plan?
PM ET

---ESPN Rumors
I was surprised the Pats didn't draft Richard Marshall. I had him pegged as a sure-fire Pats draft pick.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

So much for my hopes of signing Nate Burleson. He's now a Lion.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
So much for my hopes of signing Nate Burleson. He's now a Lion.
Burleson is pretty good when Randy Moss is eating up coverage, but even then he's nothing special. We can find someone internally to be what he could be for us or through the draft.

As far as Peppers goes, that makes me nervous. He's said in the past he wants a shot in a 3-4, and look at the other teams he's talking with. I'm extremely weary of him as an OLB and I really think it's a better decision to build our defense through the draft right now rather than bring in another guy who is going to decline in a few years.

As far as Olsen goes, good. Let Martz push him straight to us :)

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-05-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I don't have much interest in Peppers either. He's old and has shown he's willing to disappear at his own whim.

I think Burleson is terribly underrated. He's a good route runner, has good hands, and is a solid return guy. He's not a world beater by any means, but he's fast enough that he could be a great compliment opposite Randy. Plus he was a straight free agent so he wouldn't cost any picks. The only other decent WR options are Walter & TO. I still wouldn't mind Walter. Overall, I would rather have Aiken & Tate fight for the spot and maybe draft someone, too. Maybe a kid like Cooper in the 4th if he's still there.