Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-20-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.bhyg is a cocksman.

I haven't posted in a year until today as I'm in West Africa. After I posted I clicked on the red triangle on my post to see what it meant and I think I reported myself. just thought I'd pass that on so you could get a good laugh. Maybe they'll put up my post again. Cheers
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyg View Post
I haven't posted in a year until today as I'm in West Africa. After I posted I clicked on the red triangle on my post to see what it meant and I think I reported myself. just thought I'd pass that on so you could get a good laugh. Maybe they'll put up my post again. Cheers
what the heck r u doing in western africa

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

I have a Security Comnpany and a charitable disaster relief and development organization. My brothers get to use my season tickets now.

Does anyone think the PATS will eventually pick up Branch or Jason Taylor?

Do people agree that Crumpler will improve our run blocking and catch as many passes as our TE have recently? Thanks
Old 03-20-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Pats will pick up Taylor and I HOPE they don't pick up Branch. I don't think he should ever be welcomed back on New England Patriots property unless it's as an opposing player.

I think Crumpler does help as a blocking TE and a capable receiver. The TE position is a big hole for the Pats but I have been saying it's easy to fill. Just get one of the many receiving TE's in the draft in the middle rounds and maybe sign another free agent. There is no need to draft one in rounds one or two. Tight ends are never worth drafting that high.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

What FA WR should we look at? Inorder for our offense to work at its best we need another fast WR to stretch the field and open things underneath. He will be single covered a lot which means you can have a lot of big plays because of it.

I hope B. Tate can be it. He would have been a first rounder if he hadn't been injured and I absolutely love Edelman. He's special.

What WR do you guys think they might target in the draft as well as FA?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they won't go after any FA wideouts, since there are none worth what they want. In the draft I really like Demaryius Thomas and Mardy Gilyard, but also Arrelious Benn and Andre Roberts. But I have no idea how they are targeting, I just hope it's not Tate. I don't se him panning out on the outside in the NFL at this point, but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Thomas at 44 would be a steal if he's available there. Without a workout he's a huge wildcard who could go as high as 21 to Cincy or tumble a bit into round 2. I like Benn and Gilyard, too. Gilyard would be my top target at the 53 spot. He should be there and would be a great addition in the KR game. Ideally, we don't pick up a WR with the top 4 and see what we have in Tate. Then add a top WR next year with the Raiders pick.

I agree with Razor that no FA is worth targeting.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a guy who has definite first round tools I would be wary of taking Bay Bay in the first but in the mid second I would jump all over him. He probably needs some time to learn how to play at the pro game(more so than most) but could be a definite number 1 eventually.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally would love benn and thomas. no to tate. and no to gilyard, i just think he is very similiar to brandon tate

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering how people feel about this, if we could get Haynesworth for a 2nd rounder should we go for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Just wondering how people feel about this, if we could get Haynesworth for a 2nd rounder should we go for him?
I've been wondering the same thing and I can't really decide. As a player, I love what he brings. But as a person I don't like him. He's selfish, uncoachable and lazy. Three things that all scare the **** out of me. He would, however, be a bargain for a 2nd rounder and 3 years 19 mill. But I'm afraid he'll be Adalius Thomas 2.0.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would welcome the addition of Haynesworth for a few reasons.

1. I think he could be a sweet 5-tech who could kick inside on passing downs, he could be used like Seymour and would be insane next to Wilfork.

2. We could wait until next year to draft a 5-tech. Odrick is the only guy who looks like a sure thing at the position, but I doubt he ends up being elite. If we decided to look at a 5-tech next year we'd be looking at Allen Bailey, Adrian Clayborn, and Cameron Heyward who all look like elite prospects at the position. Maybe we draft one of them with the Raiders pick or one of them falls to our other first rounder, either way we are probably taking a wideout at one of those picks.

3. We could focus on building up our pass rush. Kindle or Graham in the first would be great, and we have an outside shot at Morgan. We need a guy who could play DE/DT and Haynesworth has the ability to play all over the DL (the key is if he puts his mind to it) as much as we need a pass rusher, and Haynesworth would free up the ability to take an outside linebacker.

This is all "ifs" and I doubt Haynesworth ends up a Patriot, but I would welcome it. I think he could get motivated here and if he stays healthy we would be getting a guy who a year ago was one of the most dominant player in the game. A healthy and motivated Haynesworth on this defense would turn it around, and I think the motivation would come if he were playing for a contender. We could then wait until later to draft a potential 5-tech, wait until next year, or just let Pryor sit behind Warren and Haynesworth.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know that I trust him. If he's compaining about the 34 DL spots now, why should we bother?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he didn't want to play the nose, I don't know if he said anything about the 3-4 in general. We move players around a lot, I think he could definitely do a good job here. He would excel in Seymour's role.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:26 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen nearly every game Haynesworth played in college as well as with the Titans. I don't think he can really play DE. I don't see him as a Seymour type player. He's not as versatile as Richard was.

But regardless of that, here is the reason the Titans refused to resign him a year ago (and what the Skins have found out). You only get about 12 games out of him because he's always getting hurt. But even worse, in the games he does play he has to come out for entire series over and over again because he's always got a sore hammy or an ankle or something. He's great when he's actually on the field, but you just don't get your money's worth because he's not on the field enough.

I'm not really interested in bringing him to the Pats.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So thought I'd share this, I found it interesting. ESPN was showing the Pats ratings on defense and we were 5th in the league for points allowed, which when considering the major over haul we had isnt too shabby at all. I mean I know we had some awful games, but last year I couldnt help but just feel promise from watching our D. No one expected much from that unit, and while they didnt over perform, I think were going to have a very good unit on our hands in the next few years. In everything else the D ranked in the upper half tier in almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So thought I'd share this, I found it interesting. ESPN was showing the Pats ratings on defense and we were 5th in the league for points allowed, which when considering the major over haul we had isnt too shabby at all. I mean I know we had some awful games, but last year I couldnt help but just feel promise from watching our D. No one expected much from that unit, and while they didnt over perform, I think were going to have a very good unit on our hands in the next few years. In everything else the D ranked in the upper half tier in almost everything.
Yeah I thought it was criticised unfairly at times however it did fail on some big occassions. That has to be down to the fact so many big players left over two or three years but I agree that with Mayo, Wilfork, Meriweather etc the leaders are there and it can really be built upon and be back to being great...as long as we get a consistent pass rush

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 04-22-2010 at 09:24 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

According to Schefter the Patriots brought back Burgess on a one year deal. Great move imo, since it gives us a player who we know and we know what he can and cannot do. Apparently it's a low dollar deal, so even better. :)

Quote:
Old 05-14-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Burgess was just ok last year. Maybe with more talent around him he can be a bit better, but the signing is just 'meh' for me.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't call Burgess ok. He sucked pretty hard. Hope to dear god he doesn't start.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

He made a few good plays, but I'd be happier if one of the younger guys passes him on the depth chart.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ok with using him ocassion occasionally when we go to a 4-3. But he didn't play at all last year when we went 3-4 and hopefully it stays that way.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-14-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm ok with using him ocassion occasionally when we go to a 4-3. But he didn't play at all last year when we went 3-4 and hopefully it stays that way.
So... You didn't watch any Patriots games last year? He lined up both as 5-tech and OLB in the 3-4 last year, and ocasionally generated some pressure. I don' think he'll be a force, I just like that we now have two savvy veterans that'll contribute and hopefully help the younger players.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
So... You didn't watch any Patriots games last year? He lined up both as 5-tech and OLB in the 3-4 last year, and ocasionally generated some pressure. I don' think he'll be a force, I just like that we now have two savvy veterans that'll contribute and hopefully help the younger players.
That's cool and everything, asking if I watched the games last year, I watched every single game and yeah, I did see him play in the 3-4. Ever hear of hyperbole? He played very sparingly there and hardly played "OLB". He dropped into coverage single digit times last year and I don't know where this pressure he saw him generate came from because the only time I saw him do anything on the pass rush was when he was unblocked/the quarterback ran into him. That's better than some of the guys we trotted out there last year, but come on man. He's hardly a "savvy veteran" at this point. He's a situational pass rusher who isn't even that great at it. This is just for depth/because he knows the system. The fact he went this far into the offseason without being signed by another team should say all that needs to be said about Burgess.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-14-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'm not diagreeing that he's not the player he used to be. It just seems that people here think he did nothing last year just because he didn't live up to the expectations we had for him. As a part of our defense last year, I'd say he was average or slightly below that. I'm not even sure that he'll make the roster, but he's still a player that I'd want around the young players.

Quote: