Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saying if they dont take anyone else in FA and none of the picks are traded,

Percy Harvin/DHB
Louis Delmas
Connor Barwin
Mike Mickens/Coye Francies

Now if they take a CB like Bodden, then OT depth will more than likely be taken, maybe someone like Meredith
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id be happy with any of those guys you just listed

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Harvin won't make it to the 2nd.
I'd love to snatch DHB with KC's 2nd though.
Connor Barwin would be nice as well.

As long as we address pass rushing OLB, CB, WR and S in the first 2 rounds then I'd be happy.

I'd like us to pick up some other FA's though that can come in and help.
I don't know 'bout you guys but I'd like to see D. Oneal back.
Let's see how he can progress in year 2 in the system.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I think Harvin won't make it to the 2nd.
I'd love to snatch DHB with KC's 2nd though.
Connor Barwin would be nice as well.

As long as we address pass rushing OLB, CB, WR and S in the first 2 rounds then I'd be happy.

I'd like us to pick up some other FA's though that can come in and help.
I don't know 'bout you guys but I'd like to see D. Oneal back.
Let's see how he can progress in year 2 in the system.
If he does the pass rush would need to be upgraded big time to help him out
Old 02-28-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we would take harvin or DHB at 23..... then address your olb and s later... this draft is pretty deep at cb and s... and you can find some good guys in the second.... at 34 percy or dhb wont be there so u take the best value at 23 which i think are the receivers

Old 02-28-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Larry English
Brian Cushing
Connar Barwin

One of those 3 better be picked with our first or early 2nd.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
Larry English
Brian Cushing
Connar Barwin

One of those 3 better be picked with our first or early 2nd.
I really don't see Cushing falling that far and English could very well be gone as well, i'm thinking Bears or Bucs maybe. I like Barwin in the 2nd as long as someone with a great value doesn't fall
Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still say we should get pass rush OLB with our 1st.
It's our biggest need regardless...
even if it's not the best value- it'll be damn near close enough to the point that I won't care.

Only way I say we take a WR with our 1st is if Crabtree falls again.
Hopefully he gets a DUI in the next month and starts hanging out with A. Smith causing him to fall
Either then that- I say we stick with D as our primary goal

Old 02-28-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I still say we should get pass rush OLB with our 1st.
It's our biggest need regardless...
even if it's not the best value- it'll be damn near close enough to the point that I won't care.

Only way I say we take a WR with our 1st is if Crabtree falls again.
Hopefully he gets a DUI in the next month and starts hanging out with A. Smith causing him to fall
Either then that- I say we stick with D as our primary goal
The problem there is probably the only person at 23 who would not be a significant reach that would significantly upgrade the pass rush is English who could be gone. When we could get Sintim or Barwin or someone like that at 34 I think the best bet is to go BPA at 23

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
Old 02-28-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I don't think Simtim is a lock to be there at 34 either though.
I agree that Barwin could be there but I feel like that pick is more lookin into the next offseason with some contracts coming up.

on a side note... I was excited when we picked up Floyd Reese for our front office

Old 02-28-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Default Well...so far how we doing?

I was having a think about who the winners and losers are so far into free agency. Personally I feel like we have done pretty well so far. Obviously losing someone like Vrabel means losing leadership but there was something like 3.35m cleared in cap. Then with Cassel going his salary isn't on the books either. This means that Belichick can go after one or two more defensive guys then wait for the draft. On offense, Fred Taylor and Chris Baker definitely at worst upgrade competition levels. It definitely could've been a worse couple of days. Thoughts?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

well if u look at it, we are a worse team today then we were a few days ago. but if u we can get some good signings, then id say we would be looking good. if we can get a leigh bodden, or even a ray lewis (who knows?), then i would def say we have won. im really looking forward now to the draft though

Old 02-28-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say good to very good. The Pats with 3 second round picks have enough ammo to get into the 1st and maybe even high in the 1st. My dream draft of Harvin, Barwin and a corner is still in play.

I'd ammend that wish look to read something like this:

A. trade 2 second round picks to get into round 1:

1. Percy Harvin
2. Alphonso Smith
3. Connor Barwin

B. stick with the 1st and 3 2nds:

1. Alphonso Smith
2. Eben Britton
3. Jarron Gilbert
4. Clay Matthews

Either would be my dream scenario feel free to critique.

Last edited by Babylon : 03-01-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
well if u look at it, we are a worse team today then we were a few days ago. but if u we can get some good signings, then id say we would be looking good. if we can get a leigh bodden, or even a ray lewis (who knows?), then i would def say we have won. im really looking forward now to the draft though
Yea i'd be a little annoyed if we didn't get at least one more signing preferably a DB like Bodden. I think Ray Ray is 99% a no because his contract will be far too high. I can't wait for the draft now we could go some many directions with those first day picks

Old 02-28-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think taylor is a good fit in New England just in case maroney is injured again..but he was a big part of the jaguars and i wouldve liked to see him retire with them
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

btw..... i antoinecd, i love percy harvin as well..... i think he would be insane for us.... im hoping he is one of our picks :)

Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

We traded Cassel and Vrabel.

We've signed C. Baker, F. Tayor and T. Banta Cain.

We have some UFAs that I'd like to see back.
K.Washington and L.Izzo are specal teams beasts.
D. Oneal, T.Williams and M.Wright

I think Oneal'll be better once we improve our pass rush on his 2nd yr with us
Tank never got to show us what he can do. When healthy he acts like an extra LB.
M. Wright... simply for DL depth.

I think we need to sign a CB. Bodden or McAllister'll do.
After that... I say we go OLB, S and WR in our first 3 picks.

I think it's too premature to give them a grade. There's still too much work to do.
I really am curious to see what we do on Draft day though.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Just saw an interesting possibility on patriots.com. Regarding the Cassel/Vrabel trade, it may leave the door open for some sort of trade for Peppers

Old 02-28-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Just saw an interesting possibility on patriots.com. Regarding the Cassel/Vrabel trade, it may leave the door open for some sort of trade for Peppers
im guessing more cap room to fit him in?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vrabel gone just makes the holes in our pass rush all the more prominent. Should be our first pick, depending on who's there. We now pretty much need one of English or Sintim at some point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:17 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We need a #3 WR now.

Hopefully can sign Wright as he provides depth as every DL position.

I dont like Sanders but unless we can upgrade, he has to be resigned since we have zero depth at Safety.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^yeah, it seems pretty clear that pass rush becomes priority #1 now.

Thanks Mike! You gave NE everything we could ask for and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
What's the status on Sanders? I think he's underrated and wouldn't mind my Cowboys making a run at him. Give me you guys input.
Resigned already. But all of the Pats fans here are hoping NE drafts his replacement in round 1 or 2 this year.

link to espn

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far so good, I guess. Cassel has been moved early enough for us to sign anyone deemed worthy by BB w/o concerns about cap space. I like the RB & TE signings for depth, and think Baker could supplant Watson to start the season.

The draft should be very exciting. I think we'll see plenty of movement by the Pats.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I say we go after Peppers and if that stalls- try for J. Taylor

Old 03-02-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers would be a super addition. He has all of the ability in the world, he wants to play in a 3-4, and he seems like he really wants to win a championship. Could be a Moss/Dillon type of situation. Plus picking up Peppers would pretty much eliminate LB as an early need and we would pick up a proven player with some solid years left in him. I think he would be a perfect fit for our D and would allow us to focus on some other needs in the draft, even though we would probably have to give up at the very least one of our second rounders for him.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 03-02-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote