Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I can think of three off the top of my head and one of them just retired. Jon Ogden, John Henderson, and Leonard Pope.

Extreme height is often a disadvantage in football because of how much leverage is tied into the sport.
I don't need football lessons, but thanks anyway. You said Lebron is too tall and I was pointing out that there are players as tall or taller than him in the NFL. Jared Gaither and Dennis Roland are two more.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that NBA player have quite the same straight speed as NFL receivers and corners. They are very quick in tight spaces to get by someone, but I don't see Kobe being able to keep up with Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, or Larry Fitzgerald for a long route. He could do it, but he wouldn't dominate.

They are very different ways of using your body, I know they could acclimate, but athletes have certain abilities that fit different sports better.

Outside of guys like Barbosa, Parker, Iverson, and some other guards, I don't see many NBA players running a sub 4.5.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron already pretends to get hurt 4 times a game. They'd all quit the first time they got hit.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think NBA players have quite the straight line speed that many poeple are claiming. Most of those guys train to be quick rather than fast, as far as straight line speed/size combo football players are the best athletes. People talk about juking, but juking with a basketball where you can't make contact and your going for the ball is alot different than juking in football where the guy is trying to tackle you. That's whats annoying about that Lebron Commercial (i know, its only a commercial but people have brought it up), he jukes out the Miami defender but the defender wouldn't look at the ball when he throws it around his head, he would just tackle his ass.

Alot of those guys have the physical ability sure, like Lebron but being good at football is another thing. Much less being good in actual pads. Not to mention in the NFL. NFL is definitely the hardest sports to go from HS to the Pro's physically.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even in college I always thought Rajon Rondo would make a SICK CB. With his length, speed and quickness he'd be very capable if that was the route he went instead of basketball.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Anyone catch that thing a few weeks ago on I think ESPNNews.....it was like a roundtable and the question was "better nfl player, lebron or Kobe?"

There were 4 guys debating and 3 of the 4 said Kobe would be a better NFL player.....I was shocked, couldn't believe these guys actually got paid to talk sports.
ESPN is all over Kobe's nuts. And regarding the question at hand, Except for a select few I don't think NBA players could take the punding that is the NFL. Lebron would be pure domination at WR though.
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men88 View Post
ESPN is all over Kobe's nuts. And regarding the question at hand, Except for a select few I don't think NBA players could take the punding that is the NFL. Lebron would be pure domination at WR though.
With good reason.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A question that will go no where. I'm sure many of them are good enough athletes that they 'could' be real good, and others would be terrible. Many played both sports and chose one over the other. However, being an athlete alone doesn't make you a good football player. You can't just say an NBA player, as there are many and VERY FEW would be able to make any transition. Based on how you asked the quetsion, NO. And if they could play they certainly wouldn't dominate. Don't cut short the athletes that the top players in the NFL are, IMO they are superior to NBA athletes, given the size, speed, power, attention to detail (running a route vs setting a good screen/dribbling), and focus (holding on while getting smoked vs a free throw), amoung other things.

Dominate...hahaha, makes me laugh.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
A question that will go no where. I'm sure many of them are good enough athletes that they 'could' be real good, and others would be terrible. Many played both sports and chose one over the other. However, being an athlete alone doesn't make you a good football player. You can't just say an NBA player, as there are many and VERY FEW would be able to make any transition. Based on how you asked the quetsion, NO. And if they could play they certainly wouldn't dominate. Don't cut short the athletes that the top players in the NFL are, IMO they are superior to NBA athletes, given the size, speed, power, attention to detail (running a route vs setting a good screen/dribbling), and focus (holding on while getting smoked vs a free throw), amoung other things.

Dominate...hahaha, makes me laugh.

Agree 100%. All of you guys that are saying NBA players will dominate are really saying NBA athletes are better then NFL athletes. And IMO I think NFL athletes have more skills that they have to use to dominate in there sport
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luke Walton for ballboy.

Allen Iverson for QB.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think that this question is funny. these guys are all very good at what they do. i think that some could transition, but i dont know about dominating. as far as getting all worked up about guys taking hits and all, they could learn, some better than others. but the point is mute, since it isnt going to happen
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
As soon as they got hit they'd quit, nuff said. Baseball players have a better chance of being football players than basketball players do.
This is laughable, what evidence do you have to show for this?

It makes it even more ludicrous when you figure in that a majority of the guys who are in the NBA right now, played high school football and really played both of those two sports most of their life up to college graduation...Alot of guys football and basketball go hand in hand.

Again not everyone would pull it off, but there are alot of athletes that used to play football at a very high level, AI may of been a little guy but he was one of Virginia's best football players to come out of that area.

Nate Robinson was the player of the year in football and was ranked as a top 20 athlete, there are countless others out there, choosing basketball for those guys who play both sports is an easy choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Mark Madsen as a TE anyday! Although his end zone TD celebrations would be flagged....:(
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iverson dominated QB/Safety/KR positions in HS
LeBron James dominated WR in HS
Antonio Gates (former bball player) is a fine TE
Demarco Murray (also former bball player) quickly picked up RB

Just a few examples of transitions. Am I saying every NBA player or talented baskteball player would make the NFL? Hell no. But to generalize that NBA players can't play football is ludicrous. Most NFL and NBA players probably played basketball and football in HS before choosing one sport over the other.

You guys mention route running, juking, and absorbing hits. These all can be learned over time. And it's not like all NFL players are THAT built either. A lot of the corners and WRs are rather skinny. LeBron at WR could be a more physical TO.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o nevermind
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I see it, LeBron James is the best American Team sport athlete in the world. He is huge, strong, fast, explosive, basically every quality you look for in basketball AND football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Niners_2152
Rookie

Niners_2152 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend234 View Post
Am I crazy to think that NBA players would be the best receivers and corners in the NFL if they switched sports?
Most of these NBA players are pansies. They wouldn't survive in the NFL.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I recall correctly, LeBron James did play some football in high school (at wide receiver) but he stopped because he didn't like getting hit. Considering that he must have been much bigger than most of his competition and physically dominates most NBA players (including some bigger than him), that doesn't bode well for the transition of any NBA player, to be honest.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
If I recall correctly, LeBron James did play some football in high school (at wide receiver) but he stopped because he didn't like getting hit. Considering that he must have been much bigger than most of his competition and physically dominates most NBA players (including some bigger than him), that doesn't bode well for the transition of any NBA player, to be honest.
Probably because he knew that he had a bright future in basketball and didn't wanna get injured playing football. I mean, I would've quit football too, if I was LeBron...
Old 02-07-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Probably because he knew that he had a bright future in basketball and didn't wanna get injured playing football. I mean, I would've quit football too, if I was LeBron...
Well, he said specifically that he didn't like getting hit.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AI would be a beast.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Iverson dominated QB/Safety/KR positions in HS
LeBron James dominated WR in HS
Antonio Gates (former bball player) is a fine TE
Demarco Murray (also former bball player) quickly picked up RB

Just a few examples of transitions. Am I saying every NBA player or talented baskteball player would make the NFL? Hell no. But to generalize that NBA players can't play football is ludicrous. Most NFL and NBA players probably played basketball and football in HS before choosing one sport over the other.

You guys mention route running, juking, and absorbing hits. These all can be learned over time. And it's not like all NFL players are THAT built either. A lot of the corners and WRs are rather skinny. LeBron at WR could be a more physical TO.
HS is not the NFL.
Gates might be the expectian but he was never a great BB player

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates was actually a fairly good basketball player when he got settled in at Kent State. Not really an NBA prospect given his size but, Gates could ball at the collegiate level. 1st team All-MAC. Just throwing that out there.

No HS is not the NFL but, a lot of these great basketball players were also highly recruited in football as well. Doesnt mean they'd be great but, there are certainly a few out there that could make the transition. Iverson, James, and Big Baby Glenn Davis were 4 star prospects in football...If you're of that caliber, you're pretty much expected to make it to the NFL one day.

Tiny Nate Robinson was also a 3 star Rb recruit w/ Washington and ran in the 4.3's.

Matt Harpring was a heavily recruited QB by Nebraska among others.

Marcus Banks was considered to be one of the best football players in the state of Nevada and heavily recruited as well.

Not sure how highly he was rated but, Dee Brown received offers to play for Nebraska and Florida State.

Just a few examples.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-08-2009 at 07:05 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because a player is a highly ranked recruit does not mean that he will be drafted.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-...s-to-the-draft

40-48% of 5-star recruits are typically drafted
9-11% of 4-star recruits are typically drafted
3.6% of 3-star recruits are typically drafted
>1% of 2-star recruits are typically drafted

So even if Iverson, James, Robinson, etc. were highly ranked recruits, the odds of them making the NFL are stacked against them -- forget "dominating".
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously, it doesnt but, there is a much better chance. If you're a 4 star recruit...you are pretty much expected to be talented enough to play in the League one day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote