Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Does Q stay with AZ?
Yes, cooler heads prevail. 38 37.25%
No, this could get ugly! 64 62.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Boldin: Relationship with Cards can't be repaired

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...n_N.htm?csp=34

Anyone still think he stays with Arizona next year?

edit: I'm adding a poll!!

Oh, and if you voted No, pick a new destination for Mr. Boldin.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 02-06-2009 at 12:58 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I never did think he will be back at any time. Boldin wants out and I think he will be somewere else next season. But we will see

Umm lets see I would love my Jets to get him but we dont have the $
I guess the eagles and titans could be intrested

Last edited by GET LOOSE : 02-06-2009 at 01:00 AM.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Haley is our HC, he's comin to Kansas City! Wait.. they have a good relationship, right?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on making the 7th thread about speculation on Boldin's future with Arizona since the new year. 4th in the NFL forum.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he'll go to Baltimore.

Flacco to Boldin could be nice!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:00 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Maybe he'll go to Baltimore.

Flacco to Boldin could be nice!
So you're saying Flacco can complete passes to players not named Derrick Mason? This is news to me.

I can see Boldin ending up with the Titans honestly. I've been saying this since the speculation started.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
So you're saying Flacco can complete passes to players not named Derrick Mason? This is news to me.

I can see Boldin ending up with the Titans honestly. I've been saying this since the speculation started.
Just throwing a team out there my man! lol, I mean who really knows, he could very well end up in Tennessee. I am however 95% sure it'll be an AFC team.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

This is not going to be a Randy Moss type of trade for 60 cents on the dollar for this guy, he still has 2 years left on his contract, has always had extremely productive years and the Cardinals are in no hurry to move him.
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
This is not going to be a Randy Moss type of trade for 60 cents on the dollar for this guy, he still has 2 years left on his contract, has always had extremely productive years and the Cardinals are in no hurry to move him.
Oh no doubt, teams will have to give a lot to get him. But even if it was say a 1st and a 3rd for him, I bet there would be 10 teams lining up for him.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring him to Baltimore!!! I will be pissed if the Titans get him. And Flacco only throws it to Mason because he is the only one ever open.:)
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:14 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Like holt_bruce81 said, there will be plenty of suitors for him even with what teams may have to give up. I could see a team like the Eagles looking to land him, but if they can get TJ instead for a cheaper price they may opt in that direction.

I definately see him leaving Arizona though.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say he ends up somewhere else. I'd love if he made it to the Eagles, but other potential teams... Titans, Miami, Baltimore... well theres more, but those are a few that popped into my mind.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is this any worse then anything Ocho Cinco said a year ago? I think he stays. Fitz already said he would give money back to help take care of Boldin. As a Niner fan Im hoping he gets traded but I dont see it happening they will get it worked out.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I am willing to bet how hard he pushes for a trade depends on how the team looks after free agency. A guy as competitive as Boldin has got to want to win the big one and if they lose two key guys like Warner and Dansby, he might want to push hard for a trade.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No....I would go with the NY Giants

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the trade that makes the most sense is to Baltimore, with them giving up T-Sizzle in the process. The Ravens most likely don't have the money to spend on a lot of LB's, so they can use some of that for an extension on Boldin's contract. Re-sign Lewis for a hometown discount, and they're at the top of the AFC again next season.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I still think the trade that makes the most sense is to Baltimore, with them giving up T-Sizzle in the process. The Ravens most likely don't have the money to spend on a lot of LB's, so they can use some of that for an extension on Boldin's contract. Re-sign Lewis for a hometown discount, and they're at the top of the AFC again next season.
The more people say this, the more I like it. Both are young players in their prime, and we need a WR and even though Suggs is very good, we have shown time and time again that we can substitute players into our system without losing much in terms of play. Boldin would look really good in a Ravens jersey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The more people say this, the more I like it. Both are young players in their prime, and we need a WR and even though Suggs is very good, we have shown time and time again that we can substitute players into our system without losing much in terms of play. Boldin would look really good in a Ravens jersey...
AND that would really rule out you guys drafting Britt in the first having him fall to the Giants(hopefully). everybody wins!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Big Ray said he won't accept a hometown discount, its not like he's playing less. I think the Ravens may have to give up more than suggs as well, probably a 2nd or thrid rounder.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
That's probably the biggest reason why i think this trade makes a ton of sense, that scouting coupled with that defense is plug and play. Baltimore is probably the best at this on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Big Ray said he won't accept a hometown discount, its not like he's playing less. I think the Ravens may have to give up more than suggs as well, probably a 2nd or thrid rounder.
If the Cards were getting Suggs in return, they'd be stupid to push for more than they can get. Suggs is a good 3 years younger than Boldin, and disgruntled WR's drop in value REAL quick. A year ago teams were offering the Bengals two first rounders for Chad Johnson, now they'd be lucky to get a second for him. Arizona will not find anyone as good as Suggs in this draft (should they stand pat) so if they can get him, just for Boldin, pull the trigger in a heart beat.

I don't think the offense drops off much in terms of production, because Steve Breaston is a very good player, and Early Doucet was taken early in the draft last year for the sole purpose of developing him as a slot guy.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If the Cards were getting Suggs in return, they'd be stupid to push for more than they can get. Suggs is a good 3 years younger than Boldin, and disgruntled WR's drop in value REAL quick. A year ago teams were offering the Bengals two first rounders for Chad Johnson, now they'd be lucky to get a second for him. Arizona will not find anyone as good as Suggs in this draft (should they stand pat) so if they can get him, just for Boldin, pull the trigger in a heart beat.

I don't think the offense drops off much in terms of production, because Steve Breaston is a very good player, and Early Doucet was taken early in the draft last year for the sole purpose of developing him as a slot guy.
My question with that trade is this... If the Cardinals don't want to pay Boldin top dollar (which he is worth), why would they now be willing to give Suggs top dollar (which he is also worth)? Suggs would need to sign at least some sort of long term deal with the Cards, and I really wonder if they aren't going to pay Boldin, why would they pay anyone else?

I agree AZ's offense wouldn't drop much at all in the passing game. Breaston can be a starter in the NFL and Doucet is a good looking young WR. Granted neither are the calibur of Boldin (even combined), but with all the weapons in the passing game, you can only get so much production out of one player. (that player being Boldin)

Old 02-06-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets not also forget the Cards MAY lose Dansby in free agency. Suggs would fill that loss quite nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Eagles are probably the best place he could land.

But now that I think about it, there is probably no way the Cardinals will let that happen. THey will probably trade him to an AFC team.

Ravens and Titans sound like great situations.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
My question with that trade is this... If the Cardinals don't want to pay Boldin top dollar (which he is worth), why would they now be willing to give Suggs top dollar (which he is also worth)? Suggs would need to sign at least some sort of long term deal with the Cards, and I really wonder if they aren't going to pay Boldin, why would they pay anyone else?

I agree AZ's offense wouldn't drop much at all in the passing game. Breaston can be a starter in the NFL and Doucet is a good looking young WR. Granted neither are the calibur of Boldin (even combined), but with all the weapons in the passing game, you can only get so much production out of one player. (that player being Boldin)
Why? That's a pretty simple question to answer. Because Suggs offers the answer to a question they're in dire need of answering.

Compare the difference Suggs makes on that defense to the one Boldin makes on their offense. Therein lies your response.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
lets not also forget the Cards MAY lose Dansby in free agency. Suggs would fill that loss quite nicely
I know, but that leads to my point. The Cards won't pay Boldin and haven't paid Dansby, why would they pay someone else who hasn't been with the team? I know Suggs would fit in there real nice, and may be a slight upgrade over Dansby, but they are losing a top WR. The net gain/loss isn't in favor of the Cards there. Just my opinion.