Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Does Q stay with AZ?
Yes, cooler heads prevail. 38 37.25%
No, this could get ugly! 64 62.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Why? That's a pretty simple question to answer. Because Suggs offers the answer to a question they're in dire need of answering.

Compare the difference Suggs makes on that defense to the one Boldin makes on their offense. Therein lies your response.
Easy killer, haha. my post above answers that. Dansby is a great player, and Suggs wouldn't make up for the loss of Boldin IMO.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Fitzgerald is willing to defer money just to get Boldin to stay, and Anquan still is being difficult, then no.

I think he'll be dealt, and the package will be similar to what Detroit got for Roy.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
If Fitzgerald is willing to defer money just to get Boldin to stay, and Anquan still is being difficult, then no.

I think he'll be dealt, and the package will be similar to what Detroit got for Roy.
Thats what my thoughts on his situation are. Both teams had similar "power", meaning both WRs would play even if they weren't traded. (Not sure if I remember if Roy Williams even asked to be traded, probably did, but not as forceful as Boldin)

Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I know, but that leads to my point. The Cards won't pay Boldin and haven't paid Dansby, why would they pay someone else who hasn't been with the team? I know Suggs would fit in there real nice, and may be a slight upgrade over Dansby, but they are losing a top WR. The net gain/loss isn't in favor of the Cards there. Just my opinion.
Well Suggs is younger and offers a ton more versatility than Dansby. Who's to say they can't/won't keep them both? They can tag Dansby if they choose to.

Suggs has played OLB and DE in Baltimore, and has been beast at both positions. I look at Dansby as a little more of a prototypical LB with freak athleticism.

They lose a top WR, but the offense doesn't suffer. What's hard to understand about that? If i can improve my defense without having my offense fall off, what's the downside to it?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still think the trade that makes the most sense is to Baltimore, with them giving up T-Sizzle in the process. The Ravens most likely don't have the money to spend on a lot of LB's, so they can use some of that for an extension on Boldin's contract. Re-sign Lewis for a hometown discount, and they're at the top of the AFC again next season.
I heard the Ravens aren't letting Suggs go anywhere which makes sense, he's way too young and talented, and they put an emphasis on defense in Baltimore not offense, so it be hard to see them making that deal.

Ray is 34, I'm sure if he wants to leave he can and that's the smart thing, their probably off getting someone like Heyward-Bey anyway.

Biggest difference between Suggs and Dansby is that Dansby will be available on the Free Agent market, Suggs won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well Suggs is younger and offers a ton more versatility than Dansby. Who's to say they can't/won't keep them both? They can tag Dansby if they choose to.

Suggs has played OLB and DE in Baltimore, and has been beast at both positions. I look at Dansby as a little more of a prototypical LB with freak athleticism.

They lose a top WR, but the offense doesn't suffer. What's hard to understand about that? If i can improve my defense without having my offense fall off, what's the downside to it?
Though I agree it won't be drastic, the offense will lose a bit without Boldin, even if Breaston and the rest of the WRs progress nicely. Fitz is Fitz, so he the constant there, in scientific terms, haha.

The Cards defense imporves, but also not drastically.

If I'm looking at it mathematically...(IMO)

Boldin=Suggs (approximately, edge to Boldin)
Breaston/Doucet Boldin>>Dansby (pretend thats one and a half >s)
Suggs>Dansby

so

Boldin+Breaston/Doucet> Suggs+ Breaston/Doucet

Thats my opinion. One thing neither mentioned though is this. Suggs is a FA, so the Cards may end up just being able to sign him, so why would they trade picks (or the equivalent of, in terms of players) when they could jsut sign him? And even if Suggs does, the Ravens will do everything in their power to keep him. I just don't see why they would do it.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He came out and said he wanted to play for the Dolphins at the beginning of the year.....
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
He came out and said he wanted to play for the Dolphins at the beginning of the year.....
find me a link, because that sounds like a straight up lie

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin for 85 trade would be interesting.

I'd guess Baltimore, maybe Miami

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
good ******* god. can this please be the last bloody thread about this guy until something actually happens? how bloody many times do we have to have a new thread just because he says he's still unhappy? christ.
It's all a bunch of bollocks that these Joey's keep throwing around because it's the offseason. Arses.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
The Eagles are probably the best place he could land.

But now that I think about it, there is probably no way the Cardinals will let that happen. THey will probably trade him to an AFC team.

Ravens and Titans sound like great situations.
I doubt they trade him to an NFC team.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's gonna be a Titan. It's official.
Sike.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Parcells would be willing to give up draft picks, but Miami would be a great fit, and I'm pretty sure he was rumored to want Miami as a destination if he was to be traded.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

New York bound
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring him to Baltimore so we can have a mean offense
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of hope the Cowboys cut T.O. so we can get a 3 way bidding war between the NFC East drive his price sky high and end up with 2 1sts + some

But I would say there is only a 10% chance of him going anywhere

Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Cards put together the money to pay him, he'll take it and take back the comments. The Cards have no reason to let him go. They are way better than anything they could draft for the package they get for Boldin.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Kind of hope the Cowboys cut T.O. so we can get a 3 way bidding war between the NFC East drive his price sky high and end up with 2 1sts + some
The Cowboys already traded their first rounder to the Lions in the Roy Williams deal. There will be no bidding war involving the Cowboys.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-06-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami makes so much sense.

So it won't be Miami.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Miami and Chicago make a lot of sense, as does Seattle (though they won't trade him in division). I'm sure Philly could use him at the right price, and NYG would probably love him. Baltimore would benefit significantly, but they won't pull the trigger. Jacksonville has too many other needs to make the deal, as does KC. Oakland is not a place that Boldin would accept (though he would get his $$$).

Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd send him and TO to Detroit.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would look good in another blue uniform as well
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Would look good in another blue uniform as well
I think red is more of his color and Green (*cough cough* Jets) would look better then blue as well. But we aint going to sign him so I will just keep dreaming
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Miami and Chicago make a lot of sense, as does Seattle (though they won't trade him in division). I'm sure Philly could use him at the right price, and NYG would probably love him. Baltimore would benefit significantly, but they won't pull the trigger. Jacksonville has too many other needs to make the deal, as does KC. Oakland is not a place that Boldin would accept (though he would get his $$$).
Boldin has no choice where he goes

Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
find me a link, because that sounds like a straight up lie
I'll try it seems like it was right before the season.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote