Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Does Q stay with AZ?
Yes, cooler heads prevail. 38 37.25%
No, this could get ugly! 64 62.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he stays. ...especially with Haley gone.

Zona wants to keep him, so I don't see a trade happening. ...and if it did happen, I doubt it would be to another NFC team like the Eagles or Giants.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I a bad person because when I saw this thread, I thought "Anquan Boldin's face can't be repaired."?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it wasn't him maybe it was his agent this was the closest I could find. It's at the bottom.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...ldin_0912.html
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Maybe it wasn't him maybe it was his agent this was the closest I could find. It's at the bottom.

lol Rosenhaus most certainly is not Anquan Boldin, he would kill your puppy just to sell you a new one

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lol Rosenhaus most certainly is not Anquan Boldin, he would kill your puppy just to sell you a new one
I thought I remembered hearing on NFLN that Boldin said he wanted to be a Dolphin guess I was wrong.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post

Drew Rosenhaus was at the Eagles training camp last season when I was there, right around the time the first round of trade rumors came around. I asked him when he's getting Boldin up here (jokingly) and he told me to keep my eyes peeled. I'm pretty sure he was joking, but he sounded serious at the same time.

Oh and by the way, in person, Rosenhaus really isn't an A-hole. He is actually soft-spoken and down to earth. What most people see is just the character he chooses to play for TV. Despite the TO situation, I came away that day liking Drew Rosenhaus.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vikings! just kidding...no...im sure he will go to the eagles.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
So you're saying Flacco can complete passes to players not named Derrick Mason? This is news to me.

I can see Boldin ending up with the Titans honestly. I've been saying this since the speculation started.
before saying a smart ass comment you should realize Mason is really the only player on our team that showed he belongs in the NFL. Clayton is very very inconsistent. That is why Flacco always goes to Mason.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin & Hester = epic.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard on NFL Live Fitzgerald was saying Steve Smith has been calling Anquan and telling him to come to Carolina.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Just heard on NFL Live Fitzgerald was saying Steve Smith has been calling Anquan and telling him to come to Carolina.
Carolina has no ammunition though, we have your first rounder after all, haha.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That would be one of, if not, the best group of offensive skill position players in the NFL though.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I still think the trade that makes the most sense is to Baltimore, with them giving up T-Sizzle in the process. The Ravens most likely don't have the money to spend on a lot of LB's, so they can use some of that for an extension on Boldin's contract. Re-sign Lewis for a hometown discount, and they're at the top of the AFC again next season.

I doubt Ray Ray takes a discount. Only flaw I see there. Haley is gone, I think he stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

i think philly could be a possibility but i have heard that steve smith is trying to bring him to carolina

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say you are in the Ravens shoes, would you give up a 26 year old pass rusher just entering his prime who is already a multiple time pro bowler for a multiple time pro bowl WR who would fit perfectly in your offense and fills a major hole in your team. We have talented players who could replace Suggs, but chances are they aren't at his level.

I am really torn on if I feel we should go Boldin for Suggs straight up. I can't decide what would you do?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Say you are in the Ravens shoes, would you give up a 26 year old pass rusher just entering his prime who is already a multiple time pro bowler for a multiple time pro bowl WR who would fit perfectly in your offense and fills a major hole in your team. We have talented players who could replace Suggs, but chances are they aren't at his level.

I am really torn on if I feel we should go Boldin for Suggs straight up. I can't decide what would you do?

I would do it if I was the Ravens.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Personally a pass rusher with the versatility is more important then Boldin IMHO, especially for a team that prides itself on defense...I don't know why all the Ravens fans are in favor of tearing up their entire defense for some weapons on offense and think Flacco is going to carry the team into the playoffs.

If you want Boldin you just make a trade to get him, or sign a Free Agent, or draft a player, but I just don't get trading your best defensive player in his prime and thinking your getting an upgrade because you get an offensive player.

Just because Rex Ryan left I don't think the Ravens will stop putting an emphasis on defense, and Suggs is too valuable to trade when they could easily draft a WR and let him develop with Flacco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Personally a pass rusher with the versatility is more important then Boldin IMHO, especially for a team that prides itself on defense...I don't know why all the Ravens fans are in favor of tearing up their entire defense for some weapons on offense and think Flacco is going to carry the team into the playoffs.

If you want Boldin you just make a trade to get him, or sign a Free Agent, or draft a player, but I just don't get trading your best defensive player in his prime and thinking your getting an upgrade because you get an offensive player.

Just because Rex Ryan left I don't think the Ravens will stop putting an emphasis on defense, and Suggs is too valuable to trade when they could easily draft a WR and let him develop with Flacco.
I see where you're coming from, and i agree that you normally just don't give up on a guy like that, but what are they to do? If you lose Ray Lewis, you might as well replace the Raven on the side of their helmet. They might not have the money to break the bank for both Suggs and Jason Brown, who might be more important to the offense than people imagine.

Year upon year, that defense and scouting team finds ways to replace guys, and have them be productive enough to win, but the offense ALWAYS sputters in crunch time. They never have enough weapons on offense to compete, and obviously the concentration on defense hasn't gotten them anywhere the past 8 years.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e9e042

Portis was talkin to Boldin towards the end of this interview. Portis is messin around and says that's the last time you'll see the bird on his pro bowl jersey and all Boldin does is laugh.

You can tell he doesn't want to be there next year.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

We don't want to break the defense down, it is just unanimous that no one cares what happens to Scott. We feel Barnes/McClain could replace Suggs, yes not be as good but still can be productive players. And to get a top 5 WR in his prime now would be great for Flacco and Boldin is the perfect player for our offense.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently there is a rumor going around that Haley has offered pick #3 for Boldin and Leinart

Old 02-07-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would make that trade. I would trust in Ozzie Newsome's ability to find talent to assist in filling the gap.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
apparently there is a rumor going around that Haley has offered pick #3 for Boldin and Leinart
that would actually kind of make sense for both imo

if this trade would be made, i could see cardinals go for a QB. if not warner is gonna get injured --> Superbowl Curse

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of odd considering Haley and Boldin didn't look like they liked each other much in the NFCCG, although that was probably blown out of proportion.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Kind of odd considering Haley and Boldin didn't look like they liked each other much in the NFCCG, although that was probably blown out of proportion.

that was blown way out of proportion, ESPN just doesn't show the video of Fitz and Warner arguing with Haley too