Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lito Sheppard

Hello fellow 'Hawks fans, how's it going? I want to have some other fans to discuss our draft options with, so here I am.

It seems to me our three biggest needs are WR, FS, and CB2. I'm hoping we get Crabtree in round 1 and Rashad Johnson in round 2. So at round 3 we still have a big need for CB, but good luck getting someone that's going to be able to contribute much this year (or at all) here.

This leads me to Shepp...

The Lito Sheppard situation in Philly has gotten pretty ugly. They buried him on the depth chart, he didn't try, etc. That being said, he was once a pro bowl cornerback, he is young, and I believe he still has those skills. They obviously want to trade him as he has become a big distraction, and we have a huge need at CB2. What do you think of giving our 3rd round pick in order to get him? 4th? I personally think he's worth our 3rd, what do you guys think?
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

I'd happily trade a 3rd round pick for Lito. Nothing better then getting a proven corner lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
I'd happily trade a 3rd round pick for Lito. Nothing better then getting a proven corner lol.
I think that's about his trade value at the moment. I really hope the hawks organization at least considers trading for him.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I think that's about his trade value at the moment. I really hope the hawks organization at least considers trading for him.
Lito Sheppard for a third doesn't really seem reasonable to me...I mean if the Seahawks could actually pull it off, I'd be ecstatic.

The problem is that Sheppard is still a very good player. I think that he probably commands a second round pick or a combination of picks. I just don't see the Seahawks getting in on that.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Lito Sheppard for a third doesn't really seem reasonable to me...I mean if the Seahawks could actually pull it off, I'd be ecstatic.

The problem is that Sheppard is still a very good player. I think that he probably commands a second round pick or a combination of picks. I just don't see the Seahawks getting in on that.
From the way he played last year his stock is really down. I bet you could probably even get him for a fourth.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree that CB2 is one of our greatest needs.

I think we go with Josh Wilson and hope he continues to develop.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I disagree that CB2 is one of our greatest needs.

I think we go with Josh Wilson and hope he continues to develop.
Hope? Hoping that a player will develop won't win games. The bottom line is we were last in the NFL in pass defense and we only have one corner that has been proven to be good.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Hope? Hoping that a player will develop won't win games. The bottom line is we were last in the NFL in pass defense and we only have one corner that has been proven to be good.
We were ranked last in pass defense: Fact.

However, I think Josh Wilson made strides and can still be a quality player in this league. Our CBs weren't great, obviously, but look at all they had to deal with:

a) John Marshall's predictable and vanilla play calling
b) Sputtering and incompetent offense
c) Non-existent pass rush
d) Brian Russell at FS

I'm not saying Josh Wilson doesn't deserve some of the blame for our struggles against the pass last season, but there were many other factors involved with our poor results as well. Plugging in a new CB to play over Wilson probably won't make much of a difference if we don't change at least to some extent, the a-d list. Of the above list, I think there is a good chance all four could be changed for next season. At least I'm hoping.:)
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For a 3rd round pick? thanks but no thanks.

I dont know if I would trade our high 4th for him at this point. There is no way his trade value is a 3rd rounder now. He is the reason they went out and signed Asante Samuel to a monster contract. He was also demoted to 4th string, and barely played. You dont get demoted like for no reason.

Just because he went to the pro bowl and is relatively young doesnt mean anything. DeAngelo Hall was thought of being a top 3 CB a few years ago. Now I dont see anyone suggesting we get him (we wouldnt even have to trade for him, he is a FA).

Like I said, thanks but no thanks.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be ecstatic if the Eagles finagled a third round pick for Lito after the way he played this year.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote