Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: What do you want the Pack to do?
Draft a RB in the first round 22 44.00%
Draft a RB in round 2,3 or 4 18 36.00%
Sign a free agent RB 2 4.00%
Attempt to sign a restricted free agent RB 3 6.00%
Trade for one 4 8.00%
We're good with what we have 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It took LJ how many years to start? He broke the Penn State bust mold, but he was still cursed in a way.
Calhun didn't run over his fair share of people. The guy was 5'9" 190lbs in college...if that. Jackson's got 20lbs on him. Calhun was more of a shifty back. Not saying he wasn't good, but I can't see the comparison to Jackson.
Jamal Lewis shouldn't be a packer. I hate to say it, but he's not the Jamal of old. The guy can still play, but there isn't much left.
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Bring back Gado? What does everyone think of Herron? He seems to be a good power back and do we still have Miree?
i really liked Gado and i wanted him to be our starter last year but i realized that the only reason i wanted that was because he was a great story not a great player. we got the better end o the Morency trade.

i think TT would be alright with having Morency start next year, but i'd rather bring someone in.

BTW Calhoun can break tackles.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Last edited by jackalope : 03-06-2007 at 07:29 AM.
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Id like to draft a RB but if we are going to stick with Morency, a cheap veteran pick-up sounds like a good idea. I think we can get somebody like Chris Brown or LaMont Jordan (once hes cut) for a good price.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson says he's "perfectly comfortable with Vernand Morency, Noah Herron, P.J. Pope, and Arliss Beach." so says profootballtalk.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

You guys really would want Brown or Jordon over Lewis, that just doesn;t make any sense to me.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't mind seeing TT go after Willis McGahee. He's done well in Buffalo and they havent surrounded him with anything up there. But Im willing to bet Buffalo's asking price is way too high. Id trade a 4th rounder or something along those lines. I have to admit though Im a little excited to see Vernand Morency get the starting job. I think if he works hard at it, he could be really good.

I hope the Moss deal goes down. He would fit this team nicely for a couple years. I know TT is pretty stubborn when it comes to signing older FA's. But it would benefit this offense. We can't keep relying on rookies every year. Other than that I like what TT is doing. He's prolly laughing as teams sign these FA's to lucrative deals.

If we do trade Rodgers, we would need a veteran QB. Who is available?? I like the idea of grooming Ingle Martin. As far as Im concerned he's shown more potential than A-Rod. Maybe that's going a little too far there, but Im not big on Rodgers. He looks like a little punk too.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
You guys really would want Brown or Jordon over Lewis, that just doesn;t make any sense to me.
he a better pass catcher then those guys.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Packers G.M. Ted Thompson says he's "perfectly comfortable with Vernand Morency, Noah Herron, P.J. Pope, and Arliss Beach." so says profootballtalk.
but I'm not, I think morency is good enough to be a worick dunn type back, but not an every down all game type guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor is Ladell Betts can be had in trade and he did look great after Portis went down last year. That said I wonder what Washington might ask for him?
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but Chris Brown's Agent has been contacted

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70306227/1989
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:12 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Rumor is Ladell Betts can be had in trade and he did look great after Portis went down last year. That said I wonder what Washington might ask for him?
Didnt he just signed a rediculous contract? I wouldnt want to take on that much $.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone think that TT saying he's fine with Morency starting may just be a smoke screen, so teams may not trade up ahead of us or something?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
anyone think that TT saying he's fine with Morency starting may just be a smoke screen, so teams may not trade up ahead of us or something?
I think it is a smoke screen. I think he is just using this as a way to get teams off the idea we need Lynch, which might incrase the chance of a possible draft day trade down.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Didnt he just signed a rediculous contract? I wouldnt want to take on that much $.
\

He signed an extension, yes, but certainly a palpable number. Something like a 5 year, $11 million contract.

Probably just rumor though. Every player seems to be on the block this time of year.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
\

He signed an extension, yes, but certainly a palpable number. Something like a 5 year, $11 million contract.

Probably just rumor though. Every player seems to be on the block this time of year.
I think Ladell may be a little overrated b/c he's one of those players that'll shine in the small doses we get but when the workload his on him for an entire season he won't last

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want no part of Betts. I wouldn't give up a 6th for him.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Ooh. Arliss Beach will be an intriguing player to watch come preseason.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Betts had 1500 total yards! Thats no small dose

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Betts had 1500 total yards! Thats no small dose
Ronnie Brown is a great back but look at his production when he had to go an entire NFL season w/o Ricky; his numbers and durability dropped. Just a thought

Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Ronnie Brown is a great back but look at his production when he had to go an entire NFL season w/o Ricky; his numbers and durability dropped. Just a thought
that wasn't his fault, he had no holes to run through

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
that wasn't his fault, he had no holes to run through
Same concept though

Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Ooh. Arliss Beach will be an intriguing player to watch come preseason.
I thought Arliss showed some promise last preseason in the little time that he played. Seems like a decent player. (Gado type)

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Epfootball50

I think the best value is Antionio pittman in the 3rd. it lets us handle other needs in round 1 and 2
Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Speaking of Ricky. He is available you know. Just saying.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

With the trade of Willis McGahee to the Ravens, Marshawn Lynch no longer has a chance to come to green Bay at pick 16 b/c AP will go somewhere in the top 10 and Lynch will not go below Buffalo at 12.