Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer
Default Julius Peppers in the 3-4 Scheme??

I was rewatching the Pro-Bowl on my DVR and I was looking on the net and I hear this interview from Peppers on the sideline, so I'm dropping in and out of the conversation and I all of sudden hear him say that he wantsa to play in the 34 scheme.

I then asked myself, what the hell for? He's a prototype 43 DE. He is the one of the best DE's in the 43 along with Mario Williams, Justin Tuck and Jared Allen. What is his angle for wanting to move to a 34? I know he is athletic enough, I know he has the speed and agility to play the run while the runner is in space, but he has been such a great 43 DE, why mess with the formula and go to something completely different?

I know his speed and athleticism would translate well to the 34, but wouldn't it be better for him to stay in the 43 and play to his strengths especially if tis will be his last big contract he'll sign? I mean, he is 28 years old, and this contract would be the contract that would carry him to his mid 30's. So why change position now?

To me, it doesn't make much sense, but maybe a Peppers homer and a 34 homer can enlighten me and persuade me into crossing to the other spectrum of the argument. But until then, I think he is making a huge mistake, he would be a great addition to a team like the Redskins, Texans, Seahawks or Bears. Not the Dolphins, 49ers, Browns or Broncos.

If I'm a 34 teams GM, do I even entertain the idea of him making the switch and paying him big time money? I would think that him wanting to make that transition would actually hurt his value because of his inexperience at the 34 OLB rush linebacker spot.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with you, he's a 4-3 DE
Old 02-09-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wants the sack numbers. And, quite honestly, I do think he could pull it off. It won't be conventional, to say the least, but in a hybrid defense he could really do some damage.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be fine in a 3-4 the money is the thing that scares me off.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't like this move because he'll need a season or two to adjust, at least and by then he'll be thirty. He could end up putting up monster numbers but it'll take some time and there's big question marks about how soon that'll be.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you saw his interview in the Pro Bowl you know he only saying that he wants to play in the 34 because he gets more teams interested and makes more money.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Greg Ellis can do it...Peppers will have no problem doing it. Plus, he's always been a freaky athlete, he shouldnt even run into many problems. Like Greg, just have him cut some weight and he'll be fine. I def. see him doing a fine job...we all know he can drop back into coverage no problem as well...he doesnt like doing it, frequently but, he's done it before. Put em on the Dolphins and you have the scariest outside pass rush in the nfl.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wants to play for the packers... :/

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
He wants to play for the packers... :/
who doesn't? ;)
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it could work but it will take at least a year for him to adjust. He has a vast skillset and could end up elevating the terrorist color level thingy to burnt sienna.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it would take as much as you all are making it out to be to get adjusted. A player of his abilities will have no struggle rushing the passer standing up as opposed to on three points.

It'll take some getting used to going into coverage a lot more often, but i'm sure he can get by on athletic ability alone. I wouldn't have him covering TE's though, because the Witten's and Winslow's of the world would just shred him apart.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My biggest question with him is how quickly he develops necessary LB instincts so taht he isn't a liability against the run. Angles, reading plays, etc. there's a lot of mental things he has to work out and those will hurt his play, especially in the his first year at the new position.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If Greg Ellis can do it...Peppers will have no problem doing it. Plus, he's always been a freaky athlete, he shouldnt even run into many problems. Like Greg, just have him cut some weight and he'll be fine. I def. see him doing a fine job...we all know he can drop back into coverage no problem as well...he doesnt like doing it, frequently but, he's done it before. Put em on the Dolphins and you have the scariest outside pass rush in the nfl.
This.

It's not really that huge of a transition, has everyone already forgot that Kampman is making the same change as well? I'd put my money on the athletic freak, multi-sport player that is Julius Peppers to transition better...Alot of 3-4 defenses put their OLB on the outside with their hand in the dirt ie Dallas, Baltimore, San Diego off the top of my head.

He's played both sides of the line in the 4-3 so he can rush the passer from both sides, that's basically what your asking him to do, yes he will have to drop back in coverage but come on, anytime he drops back into coverage from the line it usually results in an INT...He could probably move to TE if he wanted to, 3-4 OLB won't be a problem, I think he made the comments to basically say I'll play for whoever, so we will see who throws the most money at him.

I heard Carolina will franchise him though, which is still a possibility...If you look back, so many other 4-3 DE's have switched to an OLB in a 3-4 in one years time and had no problems making the switch, and those guys weren't half as talented as Peppers is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't trust him in the 3-4. There isn't much precedent for a 6'8 280+ linebacker. I'm not saying he couldn't do it, but there's some things working against him. Peppers is an absolutely freaky athlete who would probably be lethal in a hybrid scheme, but the entire massive 3-4 outside linebacker thing just hasn't been done before. He actually PROJECTS well to it. He's been in coverage a lot for a 4-3 end. Nasty speed and power as well. But I would have to see it before I could believe it. Been saying the same thing about Michael Johnson.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
who doesn't? ;)
Javon Walker?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I wouldn't trust him in the 3-4. There isn't much precedent for a 6'8 280+ linebacker. I'm not saying he couldn't do it, but there's some things working against him. Peppers is an absolutely freaky athlete who would probably be lethal in a hybrid scheme, but the entire massive 3-4 outside linebacker thing just hasn't been done before. He actually PROJECTS well to it. He's been in coverage a lot for a 4-3 end. Nasty speed and power as well. But I would have to see it before I could believe it. Been saying the same thing about Michael Johnson.
he uses his body well.

that's all that there is too it, for his size, he leverages and adjusts and speeds as necessary... put him in a 3-4 with someone blocking for him? try adjusting to a scheme.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking about a Kampman - Peppers trade for awhile now. Makes sense for a lot of parties.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Legend234
Rookie

Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.

First off, I don't think he wants to play the Ellis role in the 34. He sees James Harrison, Joey Porter, Demarcus Ware and others putting up numbers in that rush linebacker spot and he knows he is more athletic than all of them, thats why he wants to do it. He definately could.
Legend234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

most definitely he could do it, and do it well. In response to him being a liability in coverage, especially against the Winslows/Wittens/Gates of the world I would say, who isn't? I don't think any coordinator in the league feels comfortable locking up one of their guys on one of the three elite tight ends. Then taking into account his basketball background, and his obvious freakish athleticism, I would venture that he'd be one of the best as far as pure ability to cover tight ends. Aside from that, if he is in coverage he'll mainly be asked to cover the flats at most, and with the wingspan that comes with 6'8", he would be able to take away almost all slants to his side of the field.

Now to the rushing part. The part that comes natural. I think he could be everything that Adalius Thomas was in baltimore, Demarcus Ware is in Dallas, and James Harrison/Lamar Woodley are in Pittsburgh.

As Menardo pointed out earlier, it's going to come down to money. Which team is going to be willing to pull the trigger that makes him the highest paid defensive player in the league.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's too big but he'll manage in that role.

its not a question of whether he can move forward and backward. the question is how fluid is he moving side to side? with his large frame, even with his athleticism I think he'll have a hard time with this transition.

but its worth giving a try. he could potentially change the game at that position the way LT did.

emphasis on potentially. as far as im concerned, Peppers has not lived up to expectations as a pass rusher since he's been in the league.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend234 View Post
First off, I don't think he wants to play the Ellis role in the 34. He sees James Harrison, Joey Porter, Demarcus Ware and others putting up numbers in that rush linebacker spot and he knows he is more athletic than all of them, thats why he wants to do it. He definately could.
Greg Ellis had 13 sacks in that role in 2007, Shaun Phillips had 12 in 2006, Lamaar Woodley had 12 this year, it doesn't really matter what side your on to rack up sack totals, if he was hell bent on that he would of been a RE his entire career to rush the QB's blindside and not a LE.

Both OLB's in that scheme primarily rush the passer so the numbers can come from wherever, a good 3-4 coordinator would move him around alot anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has always been used in that way by Carolina. They dropped him into coverage more than any other 4-3 team would ever do with a DE. I think he would be exceptional in that role.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
gramage

While I worry about a 6'7 280lb guys ability to flow through traffic from the linebacker position, Peppers would probably be fine in a 3-4, but I still think his best spot is as a 4-3 end. I'm a little skeptical about how he'll succeed because he has had some off years, and seems to need talent across from him to succeed at the level he's about to get paid at. If he were to go to Denver as a friend of mine thinks I doubt he'd produce very well, because he'd be too easy to target.

My ideal landing place for him is Houston. I know thats a LOT of money to put into the D-line, but Peppers and Williams off the edges with Okoye hopefully continuing to develop in the middle, you could cover up a secondary that has some problems pretty easily.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramage View Post
While I worry about a 6'7 280lb guys ability to flow through traffic from the linebacker position, Peppers would probably be fine in a 3-4, but I still think his best spot is as a 4-3 end. I'm a little skeptical about how he'll succeed because he has had some off years, and seems to need talent across from him to succeed at the level he's about to get paid at. If he were to go to Denver as a friend of mine thinks I doubt he'd produce very well, because he'd be too easy to target.

My ideal landing place for him is Houston. I know thats a LOT of money to put into the D-line, but Peppers and Williams off the edges with Okoye hopefully continuing to develop in the middle, you could cover up a secondary that has some problems pretty easily.
I agree from a standpoint that I'm the biggest Mario homer to ever live, but it would work considerably well. Because of the lack of solid secondary and poor LB corps you could hide those problems with 2 elite DE's like Mario and Peppers, plus those two would instantly give the Texans the best 43 pass rush in the league. But I don't know how realistic that is to pay 2 guys huge amounts of money that both play the same position.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
I agree from a standpoint that I'm the biggest Mario homer to ever live, but it would work considerably well. Because of the lack of solid secondary and poor LB corps you could hide those problems with 2 elite DE's like Mario and Peppers, plus those two would instantly give the Texans the best 43 pass rush in the league. But I don't know how realistic that is to pay 2 guys huge amounts of money that both play the same position.
Osi, Tuck and kiwi > Peppers, mario and weaver