Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Team-by-team Cap Room

Source: Askthecommish.com

These are rough estimates as of early February but all the figures are supposed to be close to accurate.

Projected 2009 NFL Salary Cap Space for Each Team
Rank -- Team -- $ Under the Cap
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers $42000000
2. Arizona Cardinals $41000000
3. Denver Broncos $34000000
4. Kansas City Chiefs $33000000
5. Tennessee Titans $31000000
6. Miami Dolphins $28000000
7. Buffalo Bills $27000000
8. Detroit Lions $26000000
9. San Francisco 49ers $26000000
10. Houston Texans $25000000
11. Philadelphia Eagles $25000000
12. Cincinnati Bengals $22000000
13. New England Patriots $21000000
14. Minnesota Vikings $20000000
15. Atlanta Falcons $20000000
16. Pittsburgh Steelers $19000000
17. Baltimore Ravens $19000000
18. Chicago Bears $19000000
19. Green Bay Packers $18000000
20. Cleveland Browns $17000000
21. Jacksonville Jaguars $16000000
22. San Diego Chargers $14000000
23. NY Giants $11000000
24. Dallas Cowboys $10000000
25. Carolina Panthers $9000000
26. Seattle Seahawks $9000000
27. St. Louis Rams $8000000
28. Oakland Raiders $4000000
29. Indianapolis Colts $2000000
30. Washington Redskins $-3000000
31. New Orleans Saints $-5000000
32. NY Jets $-7000000

Take this for what you want because I'm not sure how accurate it really is. ESPN's Mike Sando has the Seahawks with $20.3 million in cap room, not $9 million. He also says the Niners cap space is about $12 million, not $26 million. Maybe Askthecommish.com is considering the potential re-structuring of Alex Smith and releasing of Jonas Jennings in the Niners case?

Anyway I think it's pretty obvious that the Broncos are in excellent shape. They have no big guys to re-sign and can focus on defensive free agents. As far as the Jets go, they obviously have some work to do but if Favre retires I think that number will go way up.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, it's not a bad thing when the Superbowl runners up have the 2nd most cap space. I'd give Boldin a matching deal to Fitz and keep the core of that team at its best....
Old 02-10-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles are in really good shape headed into the off-season, 25,000,000 in cap space, 2 first round picks, 10 picks total.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Wow, it's not a bad thing when the Superbowl runners up have the 2nd most cap space. I'd give Boldin a matching deal to Fitz and keep the core of that team at its best....
I think its past giving him his money now, the wound is that deep. Personally i'd be shocked if he's still a Cardinal next year. I'd trade him for a first rounder(possibly Philly or even Chicago) and make a big splash in free agency, maybe someone like Peppers if he actually hits the market
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Pioli! Spend some money!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams currently have around 14 million.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He also says the Niners cap space is about $12 million, not $26 million. Maybe Askthecommish.com is considering the imminent re-structuring of Alex Smith and releasing of Jonas Jennings in the Niners case?
Fixed it for you.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That site is off over 7 million for what the Packers anticipated cap room will be.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots number looks right, pending Cassel's franchise tag. Were they to actually sign him to the 14+ million the tag warrants they would only have 7 million in cap room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Agreed. Too bad the Zona ownership is considered the cheapest in the league. 2nd place might be enough to boost jersey sales just enough for the FO to slide back into the 'too cheap to do it right' ways they've become notorious for.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cap space is kind of lame at this point. There are so many ways to maneuver around the cap that it's rendered the cap kind of useless. Hell, the Niners received $7M extra on the '09 cap because Donald Strickland didn't block 15 punts. That is lame.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
That is lame.
What? That is awesome.

We'll have 20-30 million, with luck we'll cut Jennings and Roman.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool. $25 million in cap space. The Eagles MIGHT use half of that. Always gotta save $15 million for a rainy day.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What? That is awesome.

I meant lame as in it's lame that something so silly like that can be done. It makes the salary cap worthless.

But yes, I love that it was my team raping the cap. That rocks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills have 27 Mil of cap room, therefore, they will spend 1 mill.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I meant lame as in it's lame that something so silly like that can be done. It makes the salary cap worthless.

But yes, I love that it was my team raping the cap. That rocks.
Ah, well, I can agree with that. I don't expect the rules to change any time soon though. Those sorts of glitches in the way it's structured allow for teams to really get out of cap hell.

If they restructure Alex's contract he wont count as $12.3M against the cap. Jonas Jennings will be $6.6M against the cap but if they cut him, it's only $3.5M. Michael Lewis is $5.0M and $3.0M if he is cut but I think he stays. Isaac Bruce is $2.0M against and $500K is he is cut. I dont know if he is staying but he probably will. Mark "I steal money and call myself a safety" Roman is $1.4M against the cap and $500K if he is cut. I hope that he is cut and they just hand to the job to Goldson. I'd rather Goldson be out there and make plays to off-set his mistakes than Roman who is just out there making mistakes.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew the Saints were $5 million over. We're going to have release several veterans and restructure some deals.

I would expect Deuce McAllister, David Patten, Brian Young, and Mark Simoneau all to be released. Mike McKenzie and possibly Jamar Nesbit will get their deals restructured. I think the team will also look into releasing Jason David, Kevin Kaesviharn, and Mark Brunell.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans' numbers are correct. We're approximately between $31-$32 million under the cap. We also have $12 million dollars more than the next closest AFC playoff team, the Steelers.

Major props to the work GM Mike Reinfeldt has done over the past 3 seasons.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC with the expected releases should have even more then 33 mill
Old 02-10-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? That is awesome.

Haha, I feel for you.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to likely to be earned incentive clauses, these numbers don't mean a whole lot. Some teams probably have an extra $10M or so in cap credit from loophole LTBE's not reached, like ST linebackers kicking 20 field goals, etc. I wish these clauses were reported better, they can make a big impact and often go completely unreported.

It's funny how different the cap is today compared to only a few seasons ago. Managing the cap used to about when you had to blowup the roster and rebuild, not if. Had the CBA run out 2 years earlier etc etc, the Titans would probably just be on the downhill now from the McNair, Mason, Rolle etc era. Then you see teams like the Colts hovering under the cap by a small margin in cap-friendly times continuing an impressive playoff streak, and can't help but wonder if this state of an almost ineffective and irrelevant salary cap system coming about when it did hasn't been a huge factor in that.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Haha, I feel for you.
I dont know what Nolan was thinking with bringing him in. We must have been desperate. Then again, I often question Nolan decisions.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont know what Nolan was thinking with bringing him in. We must have been desperate. Then again, I often question Nolan decisions.
Nolan had a sick Mark Roman fetish. He loved that guy. I have no idea why. He even made him the defensive headset guy to start the season before giving it to PWillie. Just plain stupid love for such a terrible player. Made no sense.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nolan had a sick Mark Roman fetish. He loved that guy. I have no idea why. He even made him the defensive headset guy to start the season before giving it to PWillie. Just plain stupid love for such a terrible player. Made no sense.
Kind of like his love of Damane Duckett.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Skins will still offer the biggest contracts to the biggest free agents. Wait when there is no cap Snyder will let you be mayor of D.C.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those numbers have to be false. There is no way those teams have more then the Packers....18 million, who have we given half of our cap too...
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote