Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man that was good.
Did sabremetrics tell you that? Many of the Favre haters come from ESPN's non-stop coverage and making him out to be a prima donna.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Did sabremetrics tell you that? Many of the Favre haters come from ESPN's non-stop coverage and making him out to be a prima donna.
Nice sabremetric shot at me. And Favre is an annoying narcissist, so that removes him from good guy status.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
How? How did he tarnish his image? By retiring and unretiring? Please. People do that all the time, Jordan, Clemens, all the greats that cant walk away from the game they love. If anything, Favre tarnished his image when he was addicted to pain killers. If that didnt do it for you then I question how much of the last two years lowered his personal image. I'm pretty sure that an addiction to pain killers will do more damage then getting extensive media coverage on a situation that many people still don't know what happened. All they know is that Favre retired and unretired and wanted to play for the Packers. He showed up at training camp for the fair chance he was promised, and was told to leave and a trade would be worked out. The media tarnished his image more than anything he has ever said or done.
Oh I don't know, the subpar play, the constant I'm done, I'm not done routine. Playing for the Jets, the madden cover.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'd def. agree that a great deal of the haters come from ESPN's round the clock coverage, similar to that of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cowboys. The media influences the public a lot, like it or not. People are stupid and over exposure of these teams and players will make people hate them....or love them. With that being said...Favre is a prima donna in my eyes and I dont even watch all this ESPN crap. He's always been a drama king, really.

I dont think anyone should have told him when to hang them up but, the entire situation was an ugly one...and a lot of the time it just seemed like he was playing in spite of the Packers. He was reportedly secluding himself from his Jets teammates in the lockeroom and was noted as being "distant". He was coming across as narcissistic and some would say that he thought that he was bigger than the game. The whole thing became to be a little much after a while.

I loved Brett Favre, the Qb, but really began to sour on him a little as a person. Again, I have no problem with the fact that he wanted his career to continue but, after the Packers rejected him...I'm not so sure his heart was always in the right place.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a 49ers fan, so I always hated Favre beating us in the playoffs. I can still respect him though, hell of a football player. I hardly ever watch tv, except for the draft and the actual games, so all the media stuff doesnt seem to bother me. This "tarnished his legacy" stuff is ridiculous.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Duh! Now comes the tribute shows and career highlights...again!
zomg, top 10 moments in Brett Favre's career.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
In 5 years when he is inaugurated into the HOF, people won't be thinking about these past two years. He will be remembered as a great QB, it isn't going to tarnish his legacy. Did Jordan on the Wizards tarnish his legacy? No, and neither will Favre on the Jets, nor his will he or wont he retirement.
Don't put Favre and Jordan in the same sentence please. Jordan retired from the Bulls, took a job with the Wizards, wanted to play again and he did. He never held the Bulls hostage or any of that crap.

Now I was sad to see him in another uniform out there but I guarantee you there are no sour grapes from Bulls fans like there are for Favre. I have 3 Packer fan buddies, die hards. One of them still loves Favre, the other two hate him. The circumstances are a little different, plus the fact that MJ was retired for 3 years before he came back. Favre never "officially" retired from the NFL.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude I am so sick of ******* espn playing this stupid ass ****! Dude we dont care that Farve retired! This is so annoying, I woke up and this was the headline my god this is the worst thing that could of happened today. I will not watch NFL live because you know they are going to kiss Farve's ass all day. Please everyone do not watch espn for at least 3 days, I know its hard but just get all youre sports stuff from here for the next 3 days. I guarantee this will still be news tomorrow. They will be interviewing random ass people, just do not watch this garbage!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Don't put Favre and Jordan in the same sentence please. Jordan retired from the Bulls, took a job with the Wizards, wanted to play again and he did. He never held the Bulls hostage or any of that crap.

Now I was sad to see him in another uniform out there but I guarantee you there are no sour grapes from Bulls fans like there are for Favre. I have 3 Packer fan buddies, die hards. One of them still loves Favre, the other two hate him. The circumstances are a little different, plus the fact that MJ was retired for 3 years before he came back. Favre never "officially" retired from the NFL.
The Packer's forced him out the door. There was no reason he couldn't take his time and decide. They didn't need to find a successor, they already had him on the roster. What Favre did wasn't going to change the Packer's offseason, so there was no reason for TT to force him into a choice.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone watch ESPN this morning? It was UNBEARABLE!!! I think they talked about this for at least two hours straight, stopping only for commercial.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Did anyone watch ESPN this morning? It was UNBEARABLE!!! I think they talked about this for at least two hours straight, stopping only for commercial.
and somewhere A-Rod rejoices at Favre's retirement
Old 02-11-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I had it on right as it was announced before I left for classes, so dealing with that was awesome, especially when they decided to let Dick Vitale talk about Favre.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Oh great, here comes another week of ESPN garbage.
Suck it up. Its one more week for another 5 years when he gets put into the hall.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man! This is such exciting news!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
And Favre is an annoying narcissist, so that removes him from good guy status.
This about sums it up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Suck it up. Its one more week for another 5 years when he gets put into the hall.
I'm sure BSPN will still find a way to sneak the guy in there in some lame topic. I can see it already. "Zomgz, Brett Favre in a celebrity charity golf tournament!"

I bet they're splooging in their pants right now at the possibility of throwing enough money at him to get him to go to Bristol for NFL Live or something.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

Now I don't really like defending Favre on this situation, but I think it needs to be done. He did the right thing but went about it in the wrong manner. Thompson completely blocked Favre out, he refused to trade him, and refused to let him be the starter, hence the 'tryouts.' He was basically being forced out the door by the team he carried on his shoulders for the last 15 years.

Now, I'm not saying Favre was right here, but you can see where some of the malice comes from. And honestly, Lions fans hating on Favre? Really?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Now I don't really like defending Favre on this situation, but I think it needs to be done. He did the right thing but went about it in the wrong manner. Thompson completely blocked Favre out, he refused to trade him, and refused to let him be the starter, hence the 'tryouts.' He was basically being forced out the door by the team he carried on his shoulders for the last 15 years.

Now, I'm not saying Favre was right here, but you can see where some of the malice comes from. And honestly, Lions fans hating on Favre? Really?
He is a bears fan, what do you expect? He has hated Favre since 1992. What would make him change now?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if the situations were comparable, Brett Favre and Michael Jordan aren't comparable.

Brett Favre is just as much to blame for the media circus as the media is. He loves that ****.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Even if the situations were comparable, Brett Favre and Michael Jordan aren't comparable.

Brett Favre is just as much to blame for the media circus as the media is. He loves that ****.
How often was he in the media before the last few years? His painkiller addiction. You never heard from him. The media is much more to blame. I've met Favre twice, once was when my grandpa golfed with him(I ended up spending the entire round 3+ hours with him), and then again the next year. He was an incredibly nice guy, the media has focused so much on him that people have just gotten sick of it.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Oh I don't know, the subpar play, the constant I'm done, I'm not done routine. Playing for the Jets, the madden cover.
Subpar play at the end of a 17 year career tarnished his off field image? No.
Undecided on retirement for two year tarnished his off field image? No.
Playing for the Jets? Wait, are you serious? No. Read both of my posts and understand the situation. How did playing for another team tarnish his image?
The madden cover tarnished his image? Now you lose all credibility. Ray Lewis must have lost his too cause he was on the cover, as well as the other like 8 athletes.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Subpar play at the end of a 17 year career tarnished his off field image? No.
Undecided on retirement for two year tarnished his off field image? No.
Playing for the Jets? Wait, are you serious? No. Read both of my posts and understand the situation. How did playing for another team tarnish his image?
The madden cover tarnished his image? Now you lose all credibility. Ray Lewis must have lost his too cause he was on the cover, as well as the other like 8 athletes.
well vince young kinda did ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
well vince young kinda did ;)
And Shawn Alexander... and Michael Vick... lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
And Shawn Alexander... and Michael Vick... lol.
Shawn FTL. It's Shaun.

Way to avoid the questions completely.
What did he do to tarnish his image? You don't have an answer because he did nothing that hasn't been done before by other greats of the game. Did they tarnish their images? Seemingly not. But Favre goes from god to underappreciated in two years. Why? The media. Unless you can tell me how Favre has tarnished his reputation by himself, meaning you would have to actually know the situation and not get tired of seeing him on TV, you're wasting my time.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post

It goes both ways.

Green bay had a team go to the NFCCG and as soon as the offseason comes up they just constantly had to go into the offseason wondering if he's going to be around.

2 years of "I might, I might not". For the teams sake they shouldn't have to deal with that every offseason if you want to keep the team going.

Atleast in my estimation. Favre played solid but not himself this season.. What was the big deal in having to compete for his job? Rodgers had been in the wings and Favre was going over the hill.

Thompson only pushed him out because Favre kept him hanging every offseason, handcuffing them and not letting them know what he was doing. No consideration for the team on his behalf in my eyes.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not trying to start any kinds of arguments here but:

Who the **** really cares if Brett Farve retires? His career is turning into a damn circus and it's getting really old. It was old last year, now it's just annoying.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote