Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find all these references to the "circus" really funny. As if the fans who argue about this to a far greater extent than the media is even able to (and, then in turn, argue about the media coverage) aren't part of the Favre hype machine.

Brett has had a fantastic NFL career. He's been a pleasure to watch, even until the end. I hope he made a decision he can stand by several months from now.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre haters are celebrating, but the press will just find different QB's to gush over. I can already tell you who the new Favre is: Roethlisberger. Now they'll have to hate Big Ben for being the media's golden boy.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u can never be forced into doing something u dont want

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Brett Favre haters are celebrating, but the press will just find different QB's to gush over. I can already tell you who the new Favre is: Roethlisberger. Now they'll have to hate Big Ben for being the media's golden boy.
"He's so Big and So Strong"

Ha, John Madden must of said that 10 times during the Super Bowl about Big Ben.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
u can never be forced into doing something u dont want
You've obviously never had a job... Nor been raped...
Old 02-13-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You've obviously never had a job... Nor been raped...
u want to do the things while having a job. I mean u decide: i dont like the thing, but hell i better do that or im getting fired. So u obiviously arent forced to do it.

Rape on the other site isnt really anything u do, its more like just being forced. Your forced. your not forced to do stuff.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
u want to do the things while having a job. I mean u decide: i dont like the thing, but hell i better do that or im getting fired. So u obiviously arent forced to do it.

Rape on the other site isnt really anything u do, its more like just being forced. Your forced. your not forced to do stuff.
Exactly, you don't have a choice in the matter. It's like what Bill Hicks said, "Americans have freedom of choice, the freedom to work, or the freedom to starve."

You are forced to have sex.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on, I don't hate Favre, I always thought he was a good guy, but seriously, he loves the attention he gets every off season when he is "making his decision" or outright retiring.

If you want to play football, there is no "decision" to be made, you are either all the way in, and if you aren't, then I don't want you, Brett wanted the Packers to pine for hm to come back, and plead for him to return and save them, and it busted his ego when they moved on so swiftly, because they knew that Aaron was the better QB now.

Brett decided to make his return because he was hurt by the Packers moving on without him, because every year everyone pleaded that he stay. Humble as anyone? Give me a break, Brett is a very confident and even cocky guy, it's part of what makes him the player he is, he's never afraid, and he always takes big risks, because he thinks he can get himself out of anything, and for a number of years, he could.

Brett could have retired immediately a few times, and fade off slowly into the sunset.

I wouldn't say his legacy is tainted or what not, doesn't matter if he comes back next year and throws 40 picks, guys aren't remember for what they did as a shadow of themselves, the real fans are going to remember MVP Brett, his moments that were great(even if we are sick of them right now), him raising his helmet and running down the field like a 7 year old when they won the super bowl, coming out and lighting it up on the eve of his father's death, hell, even the 6 TD's with the Jets, a moment that brought the old Brett back for a game.

All that being said, he was a great great player, and I think, a great guy, he was the face of the league for a while, lead the resurgence of a historic franchise, is one of the greatest QB's to ever suit up, and a pleasure to watch as a fan. But for right now, I'm just tired of hearing about him, he isn't Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky, and the shock of Favre retiring wore off 4 years ago, now I'm just ready for him to hang it up so we can stop talking about it.

And comparing Favre's situation to being raped is stupid, and not something that should even be alluded to at all, it's just moronic, and you aren't getting your point across well at all, just making yourself look like an insensitive prick.

Not something to joke about, just stop.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Exactly, you don't have a choice in the matter. It's like what Bill Hicks said, "Americans have freedom of choice, the freedom to work, or the freedom to starve."

You are forced to have sex.
lemme think about it, but i might be wrong, i think what i meant is that u cant want to be forced.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Come on, I don't hate Favre, I always thought he was a good guy, but seriously, he loves the attention he gets every off season when he is "making his decision" or outright retiring.

If you want to play football, there is no "decision" to be made, you are either all the way in, and if you aren't, then I don't want you, Brett wanted the Packers to pine for hm to come back, and plead for him to return and save them, and it busted his ego when they moved on so swiftly, because they knew that Aaron was the better QB now.
They didn't know Aaron was the better QB. That's just dumb. They knew Brett's time was running out and Aaron's contract was also running out after this season. So they gave Aaron a shot to compete so he would atleast consider resigining. If they didnt give him a shot to compete, you think he would stick around? I doubt it. So say they give Brett the job back, Aaron is another year behind Favre. Season Ends. Rodgers hits FA and signs elsewhere, Favre somehow comes back another year and retires after that season. Pretty much wastes a first round pick.

Brett decided to make his return because he was hurt by the Packers moving on without him, because every year everyone pleaded that he stay. Humble as anyone? Give me a break, Brett is a very confident and even cocky guy, it's part of what makes him the player he is, he's never afraid, and he always takes big risks, because he thinks he can get himself out of anything, and for a number of years, he could.

No. He made his decision to retire in the first place because the Packers were saying he wasn't going to be handed the job and he had to compete. He came back to compete for that job and then the Packers said he couldnt and thus he was traded to the Jets. Is it wrong for the guy to come back for the love of the game? He obviously wanted to play, and preferably for the Packers but he wouldnt have accepted the trade to the Jets if he was only coming back because the Packers were moving on without him.

Brett could have retired immediately a few times, and fade off slowly into the sunset.
Same with Jordan, same with Clemens, same with Gretzkey. Did they? No.

I wouldn't say his legacy is tainted or what not, doesn't matter if he comes back next year and throws 40 picks, guys aren't remember for what they did as a shadow of themselves, the real fans are going to remember MVP Brett, his moments that were great(even if we are sick of them right now), him raising his helmet and running down the field like a 7 year old when they won the super bowl, coming out and lighting it up on the eve of his father's death, hell, even the 6 TD's with the Jets, a moment that brought the old Brett back for a game.

Then we agree. We have differing views on how it all went down. People are saying he tarnished his legacy by retiring and unretiring. He wasn't and still isnt the kind of guy that likes the spotlight. He just happens to be in it, he didnt intentionally put himself in it. He was the Packers QB for the last decade and a half and the only time before this he was in the spotlight was for his addiction to pain killers and his father's death. I think if he enjoyed the spotlight he would have put himself in it a bit more than that the last 17 years.

All that being said, he was a great great player, and I think, a great guy, he was the face of the league for a while, lead the resurgence of a historic franchise, is one of the greatest QB's to ever suit up, and a pleasure to watch as a fan. But for right now, I'm just tired of hearing about him, he isn't Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky, and the shock of Favre retiring wore off 4 years ago, now I'm just ready for him to hang it up so we can stop talking about it.

His situation does compare to Jordan's and Gretzky's. You have the great player who cant give the game up after retiring once, unretiring, and coming back for another team. The initial shock wore off the first time with these guys as well. It's not like Favre retired 4 years ago, he was pondering retirement. There's a difference. It's not about shock value.

And comparing Favre's situation to being raped is stupid, and not something that should even be alluded to at all, it's just moronic, and you aren't getting your point across well at all, just making yourself look like an insensitive prick.

Responses in bold.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I wasn't comparing the situations at all... *** Orc Wang has just been saying that in multiple threads, and he is flat out wrong. That was a digression from the Favre discussion, and it wasn't a joke. Being raped is being forced to do something against your will.

Plus, rape is something that can be joked about. Anything serious is worthy of jokes, it takes the weight out of the situation, its a way to cope. You are being much too oversensitive.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I wasn't comparing the situations at all... *** Orc Wang has just been saying that in multiple threads, and he is flat out wrong. That was a digression from the Favre discussion, and it wasn't a joke. Being raped is being forced to do something against your will.

Plus, rape is something that can be joked about. Anything serious is worthy of jokes, it takes the weight out of the situation, its a way to cope. You are being much too oversensitive.
yea he wasnt, it was a seperate discussion. but i think i know where i made my mistake

Old 02-13-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree though about Aaron, the Packers had seen enough in camp and in practice to know what they had, barring a crumble under expectations, but they were really comfortable moving forth and placing the entire franchise on Aaron's shoulders.

I also disagree about Mike, retiring and returning a year and a half later isn't the same as retiring in the off season, and returning in the offseason.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree though about Aaron, the Packers had seen enough in camp and in practice to know what they had, barring a crumble under expectations, but they were really comfortable moving forth and placing the entire franchise on Aaron's shoulders.

I also disagree about Mike, retiring and returning a year and a half later isn't the same as retiring in the off season, and returning in the offseason.
They had seen enough to give him a fair chance at the job considering he was a first round investment after all but Favre ducked out on that initially and tried to come back into the same situation and the organization wasn't having it. I think after Favre ducked out in when they fully put the team on Aaron and if they let Favre run in and out when he pleased, what does that do to Aaron's confidence? Nothing good. Without going into it more pychologically, Aaron was appointed the guy when Favre ducked out on the offer on the table before he announced his retirement. Not before.

It's the same concept, you're looking way too far into the situation. I was just using the general idea of not being able to stay away from the game.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-the-facemask/

a wonderful read

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote