Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you choose? (read the first post before picking!)
Kyle Boller 26 20.31%
David Carr 25 19.53%
Rex Grossman 25 19.53%
Joey Harrington 11 8.59%
JP Losman 40 31.25%
Patrick Ramsey 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Craig Krenzel won some games too.
touche sir. I'm just sayin' I don't think Losman belongs to be grouped with Ramsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
touche sir. I'm just sayin' I don't think Losman belongs to be grouped with Ramsey
To be fair Ramsey never really got much of a chance.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Grossman, just because he is the best when he is "on." The problem is, he's just not "on" that often.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Craig Krenzel won some games too.
First TD pass on his first pass.....not bad, not bad.....heh

And I remember talking to a Redskins fan on another board yeeears ago that was adamant that Ramsey would have been great with anyone but Spurrier as his QB. Ramsey would have a few good plays, the offense would be moving, then they'd suddenly empty the backfield and Ramsey would get crushed by 8 guys.....
Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it kinda feel like being asked how you want to be slain but I'd go with grossman, I think he could play really a lot better (still just okay but wth) in a dome or basicly anywhere less windy then chicago.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin

Last edited by wicket : 02-12-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: reformulation
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I now realize Leftwich should also have been included.....hmmmm......oh well. Pretend your GM doesn't like him.
It's probably best he's not, he would of been the obvious choice and there wouldn't of been much thought, it's tougher when you take him out.

I'd probably go with Losman first, but none of these are options I would be trying to rely on, alot of these QB's had great defenses and just couldn't stop turning the ball over, so I'd hate to see Boller or Grossman on teams with bad defenses where they are expected to throw alot and make plays.

Losman needs good coaching, because he gets out of control, but I think if he had weapons around him and a good coach to settle him down he's halfway decent, at least to warm the spot until you develop a late round QB or another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and yet people are picking david carr, who hasn't EVER been good and certainly hasn't shown any remote ability to play well in several years.

there are no good options in the list.
David Carr had a 144.1 rating this year!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I picked Boller, in part of my CAL homerism, also think that given a chance and some coaching could vastly improve. Now he wouldnt be a savior or anything of the sort. Ramsey was broken by Spurrier. JP and Rexy are too erratic.
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Kyle Boller.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just said Joey Harrington just because I saw him buying Caramel Popcorn at Disney World and no one recognized him. For some reason, I laughed at that and felt the need to get an autograph. Nice guy though.

But these guys are only a notch above Jonathon Quinn level.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I just said Joey Harrington just because I saw him buying Caramel Popcorn at Disney World and no one recognized him. For some reason, I laughed at that and felt the need to get an autograph. Nice guy though.

But these guys are only a notch above Jonathon Quinn level.
As a Bears fan I forbid you from ever mentioning the Medicine Man ever again!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a Bears fan I forbid you from ever mentioning the Medicine Man ever again!
Sincerest apologies, man. That was way out of line.

However, with the last mention of him in NFLDC history, he may have been part of the WORST QB matchup in a Thanksgiving Day Game ever. It makes you thankful for ecstacy.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Sincerest apologies, man. That was way out of line.

However, with the last mention of him in NFLDC history, he may have been part of the WORST QB matchup in a Thanksgiving Day Game ever. It makes you thankful for ecstacy.
Haha....Vinny/Drew vs. Quinn/Krenzel right? none of the threw for over 100 yards and I think each may have thrown a pick.....that was a bad time, haha.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha....Vinny/Drew vs. Quinn/Krenzel right? none of the threw for over 100 yards and I think each may have thrown a pick.....that was a bad time, haha.

It may have even been Hutchinson and Drew Henson! Ugh...why NFL must you employ them. Though no one really expected Henson to be THAT bad.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It may have even been Hutchinson and Drew Henson! Ugh...why NFL must you employ them. Though no one really expected Henson to be THAT bad.
I'm pretty sure it was Vinny and Henson....I think it may have been towards the end of that year that WE signed Hutch. Cause the next year we drafted Orton, Rexy got hurty (again) Hutch SUCKED in the preseason, got cut, Orton took over as starter for 15 games.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite being busts most of those guys will be decent backups. If one has to be your starter your likely be in good position to draft a future QB early at the draft.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe 22 people voted for the sex cannon.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I can't believe 22 people voted for the sex cannon.
if these guys all want him:

"B-Dawk, Basileus777, BNad, CC.SD, cdub11, DeathbyStat, Donno, fischbowl, *** Ork Wang, Geo, Im_a_Romosexual, Mr.Regular, NickCollins36, novembrefluo, P-L, RaiderNation, sbh15, stephenson86, Thunder&Lightning, umphrey, wicket, WinslowBodden"

They can freakin' have him. Get your team's cheerleaders wet as can be boys!

http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=852318
Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
if these guys all want him:

"B-Dawk, Basileus777, BNad, CC.SD, cdub11, DeathbyStat, Donno, fischbowl, *** Ork Wang, Geo, Im_a_Romosexual, Mr.Regular, NickCollins36, novembrefluo, P-L, RaiderNation, sbh15, stephenson86, Thunder&Lightning, umphrey, wicket, WinslowBodden"

They can freakin' have him. Get your team's cheerleaders wet as can be boys!

http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=852318
And what the heck are you doing on that list *** Ork Wang? Your a Bears fan man! Act like it!! You don't want to be anywhere near Rexy!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me David Carr.

For three years he was steadily improving in Houston before they got rid of him. Everyone who watched knows the first few years of his Texans days were just putrid playing behind the worst offensive line in football. He completed close to 70% of his passes his last year there, and has always thrown a very nice deep ball.

Out of all the guys, he shined the most with the least supporting cast around him.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And what the heck are you doing on that list *** Ork Wang? Your a Bears fan man! Act like it!! You don't want to be anywhere near Rexy!
haha, i still think Grossman is better than the ones up there.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Give me David Carr.

For three years he was steadily improving in Houston before they got rid of him. Everyone who watched knows the first few years of his Texans days were just putrid playing behind the worst offensive line in football. He completed close to 70% of his passes his last year there, and has always thrown a very nice deep ball.

Out of all the guys, he shined the most with the least supporting cast around him.
And then you look at his 2007 season with the Panthers...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

ha i mean Vinny Testaverde beat him out

Old 02-14-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BYron Leftwich is the best
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Boller! I still dont know why he hasnt put it all together...6'3, 230, ran a 4.61 or something ridiculous like that, and isnt a dumb guy by any means. Hes got talent in there somewhere, he just needs someone to bring it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote