Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
seahawkfanschill
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default Josh Wilson actually not that bad

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2008/11/20...s-annotated-hi
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 864
Reputation: 15399
summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I don't really understand this post...

I went, read the article, read the comments. I also remember watching that game (The one in November against the Cardinals). Wilson got manhandled by Fitzgerald and Boldin. It's not really a question of his coverage ability, it's a question of his physical ability.

Wilson just doesn't have the body to be able to shut-down physical receivers. Granted, he isn't asked to a lot, but having another guy capable of shutting down WR's other than Trufant would be nice. Wilson is going to get pushed around a lot because of his size. He is probably best suited for being the nickelback.

Another thing, if Wilson is the answer at CB, then why would he be returning kicks? You generally don't risk your starters returning kicks unless your not that afraid of getting them hurt. Burleson returned kicks because that was about the only area that he contributed regularly or significantly in. Wilson has a knack for returning kicks, but if he going to be a full-time starter, he won't be back there much longer.

I think pretty much everybody agrees that Jennings is turning out to be a major disappointment, in fact, that could almost be an understatement since he lost his starting spot. How long before we call him a bust?
__________________
Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
I don't really understand this post...

I went, read the article, read the comments. I also remember watching that game (The one in November against the Cardinals). Wilson got manhandled by Fitzgerald and Boldin. It's not really a question of his coverage ability, it's a question of his physical ability.

Wilson just doesn't have the body to be able to shut-down physical receivers. Granted, he isn't asked to a lot, but having another guy capable of shutting down WR's other than Trufant would be nice. Wilson is going to get pushed around a lot because of his size. He is probably best suited for being the nickelback.

Another thing, if Wilson is the answer at CB, then why would he be returning kicks? You generally don't risk your starters returning kicks unless your not that afraid of getting them hurt. Burleson returned kicks because that was about the only area that he contributed regularly or significantly in. Wilson has a knack for returning kicks, but if he going to be a full-time starter, he won't be back there much longer.

I think pretty much everybody agrees that Jennings is turning out to be a major disappointment, in fact, that could almost be an understatement since he lost his starting spot. How long before we call him a bust?
Like Ive already stated, Jennings is having the same problem Trufant did in the early parts of his career. How soon people forget about the troubles Tru had early on. Jennings is always in great position, but has trouble making plays on the ball. Once he gets more experience and learns to play the ball better, he will be a very good corner in the league.

And Wilson is back there returning kicks because he is one of the better kick returners in the league and was only a nickel back. Obviously he is going to be back there. If he turns out to be a full time starter, playing at a high level then he will most likely have to give that up.

Bottom line, we have young, talented corners on this team already. We have much bigger needs that cornerback at this time, S, WR, OG, DT just to name a few. We will not draft Malcom Jenkins, or any CB in the first 3 rounds unless it is an obvious BPA situation.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,854
Reputation: 58084
Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I honestly don't agree with you about having "talented" corners, and if we fail to address that position in the offseason we are going to get torched through the air again all season long. I'm not going to hope one of those two turns out to be a decent CB. I really hope that we can address CB in free agency so we don't have to worry about that position on draft day.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
seahawkfanschill
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default Read the Facts

I dont understand why all seahawk fans have gottenon this bandwagon to say Josh Wilson cant get it done. He was one of our lone bright spot through out the year. Yea he had his missteps here and there but so did Trufant. I just think we need to look at the facts and stop just sayin things that have no basis.

"I went, read the article, read the comments. I also remember watching that game (The one in November against the Cardinals). Wilson got manhandled by Fitzgerald and Boldin. It's not really a question of his coverage ability, it's a question of his physical ability.

Wilson just doesn't have the body to be able to shut-down physical receivers. Granted, he isn't asked to a lot, but having another guy capable of shutting down WR's other than Trufant would be nice. Wilson is going to get pushed around a lot because of his size. He is probably best suited for being the nickelback."

When was he man handled...when he went for the pick on Boldin and just dropped it and Boldin caught it or when fitz and him had a jump ball and fitz caught it. So what I guess Wilson is the reason both of them were in the Pro Bowl and killin everyone in the playoffs too. Oh yea and Trufant did an excellent job shutting down fitz right I get it.

He doesnt have the body???? Yea how is that he has the same body type as Darnell Green and the Pro bowler Winfield from the Vikings not to say he is them but there are many players his size that have been shut down corners. Its amazing how we were ready to hand the keys to Jennings last year and Wilson comes and plays ten times better and we are ready to not give him a chance.

P.S. Why is he on kickoffs??? Have you seen him return??? How can you take him off without a capable replacement. He sparked a lot of offense for us. Without I dont know where we would have been,
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I honestly don't agree with you about having "talented" corners, and if we fail to address that position in the offseason we are going to get torched through the air again all season long. I'm not going to hope one of those two turns out to be a decent CB. I really hope that we can address CB in free agency so we don't have to worry about that position on draft day.
Like we did 2 seasons ago? Last year was different because of distractions and injuries. Like I said once Jennings gets more experience and learns to play the ball better (Like Trufant did), he will be a very good corner. Wilson is a very good playmaker at nickel back. We have MUCH bigger needs at this time than CB.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,854
Reputation: 58084
Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
Like we did 2 seasons ago? Last year was different because of distractions and injuries. Like I said once Jennings gets more experience and learns to play the ball better (Like Trufant did), he will be a very good corner. Wilson is a very good playmaker at nickel back. We have MUCH bigger needs at this time than CB.
Distractions? That's a cop out. Our pass defense wasn't that amazing two years ago either, we were right in the middle of the pack. We were also 6th in sacks that year and got a ton of pressure on opposing QBs. Our pass rush hid our secondary.

Some Hawks fans seem to really believe that either Jennings or Wilson will develop into decent corners, and I'm just not buying it. Ya, Wilson can play nickle back but that's it and we still need a CB2. Jennings has had had two years in the NFL to figure things out, what possibly makes you think that all of a sudden he is going to be a good corner? Behind WR and FS, CB2 is the biggest need for this team.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 864
Reputation: 15399
summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Two years ago we didn't give up much through the air because teams could run right through us. We were able to get scheme's in to cover up our weakness in the secondary.

We fixed part of our run defense this last year and team's were able to victimize our secondary.

The biggest difference between Trufant and Jennings at this point of time wasn't being in position to make the play. Trufant went with the safe play normally because he didn't have any faith in the guys behind him. We saw that again this year, as well as teams throwing away from him, which led to a huge drop in his interceptions.

When Trufant was in position, he did something at least got a hand in the receivers face or look back to see where the ball is. Jennings doesn't even look back for the ball, he just face guards the whole time.

Jennings hasn't shown me he has the skills to be a number 2. I constantly see him getting beat on double moves or slants.

Also, Wilson is electric on kickoffs, I get that. The point I was trying to make is, you don't risk your future in situations like kick off returns where they can get hurt. Wilson probably has more value to this team as a kick returner and nickleback than as a #2 corner.
__________________
Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Distractions? That's a cop out. Our pass defense wasn't that amazing two years ago either, we were right in the middle of the pack. We were also 6th in sacks that year and got a ton of pressure on opposing QBs. Our pass rush hid our secondary.

Some Hawks fans seem to really believe that either Jennings or Wilson will develop into decent corners, and I'm just not buying it. Ya, Wilson can play nickle back but that's it and we still need a CB2. Jennings has had had two years in the NFL to figure things out, what possibly makes you think that all of a sudden he is going to be a good corner? Behind WR and FS, CB2 is the biggest need for this team.
Everything you say makes me think you just started watching this team just this past season. Jennings has been in the NFL for 3 seasons and has had one bad season. During the year in 2007 there were some Seattle fans that thought he was a better pure corner than Trufant. His rookie season was a success and in 2007 he improved dramatically. I'm not ready to give up on him because one poor season. Just like I'm not ready to give up on Hass or Tatupu, etc. Few players played well this past year.

Before the 2008 season, Seattle showed up on a lot of lists as having a top 5 CB corps. How soon you forget. Or maybe you just started watching the Seahawks in 2008, in which case I am sorry.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Two years ago we didn't give up much through the air because teams could run right through us. We were able to get scheme's in to cover up our weakness in the secondary.

We fixed part of our run defense this last year and team's were able to victimize our secondary.

The biggest difference between Trufant and Jennings at this point of time wasn't being in position to make the play. Trufant went with the safe play normally because he didn't have any faith in the guys behind him. We saw that again this year, as well as teams throwing away from him, which led to a huge drop in his interceptions.

When Trufant was in position, he did something at least got a hand in the receivers face or look back to see where the ball is. Jennings doesn't even look back for the ball, he just face guards the whole time.

Jennings hasn't shown me he has the skills to be a number 2. I constantly see him getting beat on double moves or slants.


Also, Wilson is electric on kickoffs, I get that. The point I was trying to make is, you don't risk your future in situations like kick off returns where they can get hurt. Wilson probably has more value to this team as a kick returner and nickleback than as a #2 corner.
That is where you are wrong. Many people got on Trufant in his early years about getting burnt consistently. He is very similar to JEnnings in that theywere always in position but never made the play. When Jennings gets more experience he will be a very good CB.

I am also confident that the Seahawks FO leans more towards my stance than yours. If you want to make a sig bet on it, we shall. Seattle will not draft a CB in the first 3 rounds.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 13,563
Reputation: 1784408
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post

Also, Wilson is electric on kickoffs, I get that. The point I was trying to make is, you don't risk your future in situations like kick off returns where they can get hurt. Wilson probably has more value to this team as a kick returner and nickleback than as a #2 corner.
No. Wilson 100% has more value as a KR & #2 corner.

Players who start on O or D and were among the top 20 in KR yards last season:
CB Ellis Hobbs
WR Eddie Royal
WR Johnnie Lee Higgins
WR Ted Ginn
+ prominent contributors Leon Washington and Darren Sproles who were basically RB 1bs.

Wilson being a good return man has nothing to do with him at CB. So you are trying to say that you want to take him off KR duties and just have him work at CB not to risk injury? Or that him being the KR is an indication that he's not valued as a CB by our coaching staff?

Starters on special teams is fine.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,854
Reputation: 58084
Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
Everything you say makes me think you just started watching this team just this past season. Jennings has been in the NFL for 3 seasons and has had one bad season. During the year in 2007 there were some Seattle fans that thought he was a better pure corner than Trufant. His rookie season was a success and in 2007 he improved dramatically. I'm not ready to give up on him because one poor season. Just like I'm not ready to give up on Hass or Tatupu, etc. Few players played well this past year.

Before the 2008 season, Seattle showed up on a lot of lists as having a top 5 CB corps. How soon you forget. Or maybe you just started watching the Seahawks in 2008, in which case I am sorry.
I've lived in this state all of my life. Yes I wrote two years, I smacked myself in the head after you pointed that out. I never drank the "top 5 CB duos in the league" Kool-Aid and I'm not about to change my mind on Jennings. Before this season I thought he was a mediocre corner, but after watching him get burn Sunday after Sunday and getting (deservedly) benched, I realized the pass rush was hiding his weak coverage skills. If you want I can make a poll in the NFL section and ask if A. they thought we at any point in time had one of the top 5 CB duos in the league, and B. if they think Kelly Jennings is a good corner.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I've lived in this state all of my life. Yes I wrote two years, I smacked myself in the head after you pointed that out. I never drank the "top 5 CB duos in the league" Kool-Aid and I'm not about to change my mind on Jennings. Before this season I thought he was a mediocre corner, but after watching him get burn Sunday after Sunday and getting (deservedly) benched, I realized the pass rush was hiding his weak coverage skills. If you want I can make a poll in the NFL section and ask if A. they thought we at any point in time had one of the top 5 CB duos in the league, and B. if they think Kelly Jennings is a good corner.
What a stupid idea. Even if Jennings was a very good corner, and the fact that Seattle gets very little respect, they would probably say no. Especially after he had a bad season.

How about instead of asking people that know nothing about the Seahawks, we look and see what the Seattle FO is going to do. Like I said they will not go CB in the first 3 rounds.

All I have to say at this point (since youve obviously made up your mind) is that I'm glad you dont make decisions for the Seahawks.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,854
Reputation: 58084
Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
What a stupid idea. Even if Jennings was a very good corner, and the fact that Seattle gets very little respect, they would probably say no. Especially after he had a bad season.

How about instead of asking people that know nothing about the Seahawks, we look and see what the Seattle FO is going to do. Like I said they will not go CB in the first 3 rounds.

All I have to say at this point (since youve obviously made up your mind) is that I'm glad you dont make decisions for the Seahawks.
Plenty of people on the internet who aren't Hawks fans acknowledge Trufant is a good corner. Just because they don't get to see every one of our games doesn't mean they can't evaluate anyone. I only watched a couple 49'ers games, but I know Mark Roman is horrible.

Well hey, I don't think CB should be addressed until round 3 at the earliest either. I personally think they should either sign an FA corner or trade a pick for Sheppard. I think CB2 is our 3rd biggest need, behind WR and FS.

That being said, here is who I would like for our first three picks, assuming we don't send our third to Philly for Lito.

1. Crabtree
2. Rashad Johnson
3. Best CB available

Last edited by Cicero : 02-13-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 13,563
Reputation: 1784408
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Plenty of people on the internet who aren't Hawks fans acknowledge Trufant is a good corner. Just because they don't get to see every one of our games doesn't mean they can't evaluate anyone. I only watched a couple 49'ers games, but I know Mark Roman is horrible.

Well hey, I don't think CB should be addressed until round 3 at the earliest either. I personally think they should either sign an FA corner or trade a pick for Sheppard. I think CB2 is our 3rd biggest need, behind WR and FS.

That being said, here is who I would like for our first three picks, assuming we don't send our third to Philly for Lito.

1. Crabtree
2. Rashad Johnson
3. Best CB available
I'm with cacks here. CB is such a fickle position. Fact is, we have three young guys with unquestionable talent who still have a chance to improve. I doubt we address CB in the draft.

As for your 1-3 mock, I love R. Johnson but I doubt Ruskell takes him because he has some character issues. Oh well.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 864
Reputation: 15399
summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Seattle never had a top 5 cornerback duo. No one ever said they did. They had a top 5 CORNERBACK, but not a top 5 duo. Thats just a case of looking at lists and not looking at all of the text. Seattle was considered to have a top 5 secondary two years ago because of how few passing touchdowns they allowed. Their secondary got exposed this last year. Deny it all you want, but the Seahawks need another CB.

Here are a couple of the scenarios that will be the only way the Seahawks don't take a CB in the first three rounds.

1) Leroy Hill walks, and the Seahawks take Crabtree. Thus leading to a draft of:
1. Crabtree
2. Rashad Johnson/Louis Delmas/Clint Sintim (or Cushing/Matthews)/a LT/an elite RB
3. Marcus Freeman/Patrick Chung/etc.

2) They go out and trade for Lito Sheppard or sign DeAngelo Hall/Nmadi Asomugha.

There are no OT or RB's that will garner consideration with our 3rd pick, so we go safety in the second and LB in the third, because the depth at LB seems to drop IMO after Freeman.

If they resign Hill and don't have to worry about LB, they will be able to get a guy like Mike Mickens there. He is a taller guy who should fit in well in the Tampa 2.

I really don't understand how you can say that Jennings is a good corner...he got benched! Your #2 corner should never get benched if he is as good as you say he is cacksman...should I start saying your on your last straw because you never come up for any other argument than "He's exactly like Trufant at that stage of his career." Jennings isn't the answer, if he was, he would have been starting.

EDIT: Also, Jennings has been in the league three years and only had one bad year, but oh how bad that year was. Jennings has also never had a good year. He has only ever had average years. Wilson is light-years ahead of Jennings in terms of ball skills and his progression, and a year behind him in experience. Do I think Wilson is the answer? No. However he is a hell of a lot better than Jennings.
__________________
Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Last edited by summond822 : 02-13-2009 at 07:27 PM.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Plenty of people on the internet who aren't Hawks fans acknowledge Trufant is a good corner. Just because they don't get to see every one of our games doesn't mean they can't evaluate anyone. I only watched a couple 49'ers games, but I know Mark Roman is horrible.

Well hey, I don't think CB should be addressed until round 3 at the earliest either. I personally think they should either sign an FA corner or trade a pick for Sheppard. I think CB2 is our 3rd biggest need, behind WR and FS.

That being said, here is who I would like for our first three picks, assuming we don't send our third to Philly for Lito.

1. Crabtree
2. Rashad Johnson
3. Best CB available
I have already stated that trading for Lito would be a horrible idea. For some it may be nice to throw ideas around, but there is no chance of it happening. He is also definitely not worth a 3rd right now. In the other thread, a Philly thread came in and said he would be ecstatic if they got a 3rd for Lito. He is just now worth that anymore.

And no 3rd round pick is going to come in and be a better player than Wilson or Jennings. So why even address it? For depth? We have pretty good depth.

CB is not that big of an issue, especially for us, but for other teams as well. I read a post by someone and I agree with it. They said there is a reason certain CBs are touted as great certain seasons and then called bums the next. Its mostly based upon luck, pass rush, T.O.P, etc.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Seattle never had a top 5 cornerback duo. No one ever said they did. They had a top 5 CORNERBACK, but not a top 5 duo. Thats just a case of looking at lists and not looking at all of the text. Seattle was considered to have a top 5 secondary two years ago because of how few passing touchdowns they allowed. Their secondary got exposed this last year. Deny it all you want, but the Seahawks need another CB.

Here are a couple of the scenarios that will be the only way the Seahawks don't take a CB in the first three rounds.

1) Leroy Hill walks, and the Seahawks take Crabtree. Thus leading to a draft of:
1. Crabtree
2. Rashad Johnson/Louis Delmas/Clint Sintim (or Cushing/Matthews)/a LT/an elite RB
3. Marcus Freeman/Patrick Chung/etc.

2) They go out and trade for Lito Sheppard or sign DeAngelo Hall/Nmadi Asomugha.

There are no OT or RB's that will garner consideration with our 3rd pick, so we go safety in the second and LB in the third, because the depth at LB seems to drop IMO after Freeman.

If they resign Hill and don't have to worry about LB, they will be able to get a guy like Mike Mickens there. He is a taller guy who should fit in well in the Tampa 2.

I really don't understand how you can say that Jennings is a good corner...he got benched! Your #2 corner should never get benched if he is as good as you say he is cacksman...should I start saying your on your last straw because you never come up for any other argument than "He's exactly like Trufant at that stage of his career." Jennings isn't the answer, if he was, he would have been starting.

EDIT: Also, Jennings has been in the league three years and only had one bad year, but oh how bad that year was. Jennings has also never had a good year. He has only ever had average years. Wilson is light-years ahead of Jennings in terms of ball skills and his progression, and a year behind him in experience. Do I think Wilson is the answer? No. However he is a hell of a lot better than Jennings.
:) I must have really struck a nerve with you. I didnt think I could do that over an internet message board but who knew. Back to the topic:

Just because someone got benched, doesnt mean they are horrible. McNabb got benched last year. Jennings had a good rookie year, progressed nicely his sophomore season and then had a bad year last year. Coming from you it doesnt surprise me that you want to give up on him because of last year. You also are ready to declare LAwrence Jackson a bust. Did you say the same thing about Mario Williams when he had a horrible rookie season?

If you really think they will address CB this offseason then lets do a sig bet. That's really the only way to go from here. I say Seattle will not sign or trade for a top CB, or draft one in the first 3 rounds. I am also very confident about this. Why? Because I know Seattle's F.O. isnt stupid and we have MUCH bigger needs than another CB.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
seahawkfanschill
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Who is the starter Jennings or Wilson? Why r we focus on Jennings?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 864
Reputation: 15399
summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
:) I must have really struck a nerve with you. I didnt think I could do that over an internet message board but who knew. Back to the topic:

Just because someone got benched, doesnt mean they are horrible. McNabb got benched last year. Jennings had a good rookie year, progressed nicely his sophomore season and then had a bad year last year. Coming from you it doesnt surprise me that you want to give up on him because of last year. You also are ready to declare LAwrence Jackson a bust. Did you say the same thing about Mario Williams when he had a horrible rookie season?

If you really think they will address CB this offseason then lets do a sig bet. That's really the only way to go from here. I say Seattle will not sign or trade for a top CB, or draft one in the first 3 rounds. I am also very confident about this. Why? Because I know Seattle's F.O. isnt stupid and we have MUCH bigger needs than another CB.
I am willing to give up on Jennings because he has never shown me he is capable of being a starting CB in this league. He has played in the NFL for three season now. He had the job until he proved he couldn't play it, and guess what he does. Loses a job that was his to keep.

McNabb got benched for the second half of a game. Jennings got benched for the second half of a season. There's a big difference.

First, McNabb was still the clear-cut best QB on that team by far. Jennings isn't even the second best CB on our team.

Second, the McNabb benching was a message to McNabb that he had better start playing better. Jennings got benched because he wasn't capable of playing better.

Jennings had average years. He has never showed the ability to go up and get interceptions. He was just middle of the pack in CB's from his class. He didn't play that well in either year, and he didn't show any progression IMO from his rookie to second year.

As for giving up on Mario Williams after one season? No. I knew that he would be a great DE in the league because I watched some of the things he was capable of doing on the field, there are few other people who had the type of athletic ability that he did. Michael Johnson might, and that's a big might, have the same type of physical ability, but he doesn't have the motor that Williams did.

Stop comparing Mario Williams to Lawrence Jackson. Lawrence Jackson isn't even close to Williams in terms of ability or pass rush potential. Jackson is a balanced DE who's main ability is stopping the run. He is a little bigger than our normal DE's and he is nowhere near as good as them at pass rushing. He also takes some plays off. He has a limited repetoire of pass rushing skills and is likely never going to be a good pass rusher in the NFL. In the Tampa 2 you need to have linemen who have the ability to get to the QB.

Our needs are FS, DL, OLB (unless they resign Leroy Hill), CB, WR, QB, OT in no particular order.

If I had to rank them, FS, OT, CB, WR are at the top of that list. WR will be taking in one of the first three rounds though, if not Crabtree then likely Brian Robiskie in the third. FS will likely be our second round pick. CB will either be Malcolm Jenkins or whoever the top CB on the board is in the third. Since Ruskell likes to wait (like a dumb ass) to draft his offensive linemen, they are going to miss out on an elite successor to Walter Jones and probably take an OT in the fourth. Which leaves the spot open for the Seahawks to take a CB in one of the first three rounds. Or do you think they take a QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkfanschill View Post
Who is the starter Jennings or Wilson? Why r we focus on Jennings?
Because cacksman believes that Jennings is the answer at CB.
__________________
Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Last edited by summond822 : 02-14-2009 at 12:24 PM.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Second, the McNabb benching was a message to McNabb that he had better start playing better. Jennings got benched because he wasn't capable of playing better.

Jennings had average years. He has never showed the ability to go up and get interceptions. He was just middle of the pack in CB's from his class. He didn't play that well in either year, and he didn't show any progression IMO from his rookie to second year.

As for giving up on Mario Williams after one season? No. I knew that he would be a great DE in the league because I watched some of the things he was capable of doing on the field, there are few other people who had the type of athletic ability that he did. Michael Johnson might, and that's a big might, have the same type of physical ability, but he doesn't have the motor that Williams did.

Stop comparing Mario Williams to Lawrence Jackson. Lawrence Jackson isn't even close to Williams in terms of ability or pass rush potential. Jackson is a balanced DE who's main ability is stopping the run. He is a little bigger than our normal DE's and he is nowhere near as good as them at pass rushing. He also takes some plays off. He has a limited repetoire of pass rushing skills and is likely never going to be a good pass rusher in the NFL. In the Tampa 2 you need to have linemen who have the ability to get to the QB.

Our needs are FS, DL, OLB (unless they resign Leroy Hill), CB, WR, QB, OT in no particular order.

If I had to rank them, FS, OT, CB, WR are at the top of that list. WR will be taking in one of the first three rounds though, if not Crabtree then likely Brian Robiskie in the third. FS will likely be our second round pick. CB will either be Malcolm Jenkins or whoever the top CB on the board is in the third. Since Ruskell likes to wait (like a dumb ass) to draft his offensive linemen, they are going to miss out on an elite successor to Walter Jones and probably take an OT in the fourth. Which leaves the spot open for the Seahawks to take a CB in one of the first three rounds. Or do you think they take a QB?
Jennings wasnt capable of playing better? Now I know you have no idea what you are talking about. You are saying the way he played last year was the best he was capable of playing. Ok guy.

Like I said, we will not draft a CB in the 3rd round. Some guy drafted there would not come in and be a better player than Jennings or Wilson, that is why Ruskell wont do it, he is not stupid.

Sig bet is still on the table, but I like how everytime I bring it up you go running in the other direction.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,854
Reputation: 58084
Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
I have already stated that trading for Lito would be a horrible idea. For some it may be nice to throw ideas around, but there is no chance of it happening. He is also definitely not worth a 3rd right now. In the other thread, a Philly thread came in and said he would be ecstatic if they got a 3rd for Lito. He is just now worth that anymore.

And no 3rd round pick is going to come in and be a better player than Wilson or Jennings. So why even address it? For depth? We have pretty good depth.

CB is not that big of an issue, especially for us, but for other teams as well. I read a post by someone and I agree with it. They said there is a reason certain CBs are touted as great certain seasons and then called bums the next. Its mostly based upon luck, pass rush, T.O.P, etc.
Wait wait wait.. are you telling me you would rather have Kelly Jennings starting at CB over Lito Sheppard????
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Wait wait wait.. are you telling me you would rather have Kelly Jennings starting at CB over Lito Sheppard????
Yes, but that wasnt even what I was arguing. Trading for Lito would be stupid. He was demoted to 4th string in the playoffs. There is no way he is worth a 3rd at this point.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,854
Reputation: 58084
Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
Yes, but that wasnt even what I was arguing. Trading for Lito would be stupid. He was demoted to 4th string in the playoffs. There is no way he is worth a 3rd at this point.
Hahahaha ok you would rather have Kelly Jennings than Lito Sheppard, that's all I needed to know.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
Reputation: 159
cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Hahahaha ok you would rather have Kelly Jennings than Lito Sheppard, that's all I needed to know.
How is it so hard to comprehend? You actually want to trade a 3rd rounder for someone who was a 4th string CB?

You can laugh all you want, but Lito Sheppard will not be a starting CB in the league next year, FACT. Kelly Jennings has a good shot.

Last edited by cacksman : 02-15-2009 at 12:11 AM.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.